**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Detect Masteries and other unaddressed AW issues

This doesn’t affect me personally, but I feel like in all the discussions about AW changes, it has never been addressed. The detect masteries are now obsolete and some people invested in them. It seems a no brainer to refund anyone who unlocked these masteries. There isn’t enough story mode content where they hold value, anyone who bought them was for AW.

Also, diversity is still not working as a tiebreaker. Everyone is basically 100%ing the map every day and if you don’t have 150 diversity you automatically lose unless the hero rating of the other team is significantly higher.

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Take it one step further: masteries themselves need to be rethought and reworked. Does it make sense to max out the crit rate or crit damage masteries if they essentially “flatten out”? Do the class masteries other than MD have any purpose whatsoever? Why are masteries like Pittance even on the board (other than to serve as a punchline)?

The only thing I can see preventing the game team from reinvigorating masteries generally (other than requiring thought and work, both of which can be painful) is the problem with reopening a whole area of the game in which players have invested heavily. I’m sure some members of the team still have involuntary twitches from the WP/DE/LC fiasco (no, really, we never meant for players to have been able to use suicides to heal for the past year). Masteries can be a little like dominos in that you trigger more issues with each revision.

Would love to see a mod, any mod (Tenebrous would be my pick as long as she doesn’t shut the thread down because she just seems nice) make a comment about Campo’s post and my response.

Holding my breath...

Dr. Zola
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Detect masteries were originally addressed by Miike with an "I'm not sure, I'll ask" type of answer. It was never followed up on despite many requests in the giant war thread. I did unlock a few of them, so it's self-serving, but I'd like to see SOME recognition that they torched any usefulness these masteries had.

They used 5* shards as apology for suicide masteries, I'd be happy with a similar (likely smaller) apology here.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    There are hidden nodes in aq map 6. They still can be used to reveal classes in aq. It doesn’t help though since everyone knows the nodes anyway but technically they still do something on some content
  • Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    There are hidden nodes in aq map 6. They still can be used to reveal classes in aq. It doesn’t help though since everyone knows the nodes anyway but technically they still do something on some content

If everyone already knows what they are, then they aren't really hidden.....If kabam wanted them to be hidden, they should change them up randomly.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Birdofprey wrote: »
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »

If everyone already knows what they are, then they aren't really hidden.....If kabam wanted them to be hidden, they should change them up randomly.

Don't be giving them bad ideas for future AQ seasons.

The most logical thing to do is for them to refund people who bought those masteries. I personally like the idea of @DrZola
  • Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
    The AQ argument is not really a valid one imo. After day 1 of season 4 there were screen shots and maps available and they don’t change. Our community moves fast when it comes to fixed content.

Act 4 has some hidden ones, but same story. People bought them for AW.
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    I got it for AW. I want a refund.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    It's still diversity war. Don't know why defender kills is such a hard concept for kabam understand. Guessing they have a different vision of war that hasn't been realized. Several changes though and it's still all about diversity and challenger rating. Really what they accomplished is the bigger alliances have an even better chance of winning at the same time hurting mid to lower tier alliances because now they have to rank for prestige and diversity. Horrible job with the new war imho.
    What does that have to do with scout mastery costs?
    Read his entire post. Second paragraph.
    I stand corrected. Apologies @DaMunk
    Lol..no biggie. I understand wanting some sort of reimbursement for the scout lenses, I've got 3 unlocked, but with the way they treated pure skill I doubt anything happens. I'd happily eat the cores if they fixed war.