**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Crawling towards Elder's Bane or ...

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,755 ★★★★★
After a long hiatus from Act Quest, I am now thinking to start Act 5.3.

I am not sure whether I can do it, so I have to store up revives and potions, read the nodes, think about my roster (I will not be surprised to be told it is Cavalier doable, but I just don't have the required skill) and watch the fights. Can I survive without being able to intercept?

Hopefully, I can update a little progress soon.

Comments

• LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,360 ★★★★★
    It requires no special skill other than parry. Its just so looooooong.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    You can definitely do the rest of act 5 if you’ve already done 100% of 5.2. I personally feel like 5.3 is harder than 5.4 but only because it takes so long to get through because of the damage reduction. You can definitely do it though.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,755 ★★★★★
    @Will3808 said:

You can definitely do the rest of act 5 if you’ve already done 100% of 5.2. I personally feel like 5.3 is harder than 5.4 but only because it takes so long to get through because of the damage reduction. You can definitely do it though.

Thanks for the encouragement. I've completed Act 5.3.1. :)
    Taking Sasquatch to level 4 was indeed so helpful and this champ need not be awakened, so I still have the 5-Star Mystic class awakening gem kept.

This Act 5.3 Walkthrough guide is very good and helped to allow me to think which champ to bring along.

Now I am evaluating whether to take up HulkBuster for Act 5.3.2. Does HB requires awakening?
  • tofuシtofuシ Posts: 220 ★★

@Will3808 said:

Taking Sasquatch to level 4 was indeed so helpful and this champ need not be awakened, so I still have the 5-Star Mystic class awakening gem kept.

This Act 5.3 Walkthrough guide is very good and helped to allow me to think which champ to bring along.

Now I am evaluating whether to take up HulkBuster for Act 5.3.2. Does HB requires awakening?
    Hulkbusters awakening just gives him regen it is nice to have but not needed.
    i think you should just push to cavalier instead of exploring all the quests
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Do you really 100% every quest before proceeding?
    tofuシ said:

@Will3808 said:

Yes indeed that's what I was thinking as well. If you can take the difficult paths immediately, good for you but it's imo better to push for cav first.
    @tofuシ said:

@RaviDavi said:

Yes indeed that's what I was thinking as well. If you can take the difficult paths immediately, good for you but it's imo better to push for cav first.

There was no Level 22H and also I forgot I had a 6-Star Mysterio, so HB has to wait. :)

I saw the two revives in Act 5.3.6. Jumped in and ... the buff nodes was Cornered and Power Reserve. That was painful. :(

Anyway, Act 5.3 is completed.

Starting Act 5 Chapter 4.

Managed to obtain very helpful Act 5.4 Maps and a tip.

Another small piece of advice for 5.4 in general. Keep a log of which paths you've already completed for exploration. You'll be happy you did.

Act 5.4.1 Life Transfer --> DD (OG)
    Act 5.4.2 Rage --> Hood ... --> Poison/Bleed
    Act 5.4.3 Bane/Power --> BW --> Medusa

Running out of energy refill; so will have to wait.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    5.3 and 5.4 IMO are easier than 5.2
    I often play badly against KingPin (usually got wrecked even in arena) and I am avoiding the paths he is on, even if that is an "easier" path. Magneto (Red) and Iceman are also difficult for me.

Act 5.4.4 Resilience
    Act 5.4.5 Poison/Bleed Cable

Looks like I have upgrade from my 'parry' base game to knowing how to intercept urgently, based of what I am reading about Ultron (Classic) of 5.4.6.

Is Corvus (and whether awakening is needed) useful for this fight?
    edited May 2021
    Wow ... has to be beginner's luck. Managed to one-shot the boss using Medusa. B)

Act 5.4.6 YJ --> Vitality --> Jane Foster

Many thanks again to @tofuシ and @RaviDavi for the little nudge.
    I certainly did not expect to complete one run of Act 5 so quickly.
  • tofuシtofuシ Posts: 220 ★★

Wow ... has to be beginner's luck. Managed to one-shot the boss using Medusa. B)

Act 5.4.6 YJ --> Vitality --> Jane Foster

Many thanks again to @tofuシ and @RaviDavi for the little nudge.
    I certainly did not expect to complete one run of Act 5 so quickly.

AYYYY awesome man ur doing great
    @tofuシ said:

Well, obtained 6-Star shards from side quest and pulled a HB! :D:D:D
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    Woah... your baffling me with that 5.2 Exploration.
    You should probably get cavalier first, you get increase in rewards, so the time you grind to explore act 5 will be giving you the rewards of a cavalier at the same time ( EQ, SQ, Login upgrades, Cav crystals?, Free and daily crystal upgrades, and probably much more!)

You should probably get cavalier first,

I am thinking to stock up boost, revives and potions and also energy. Studying the opponents and getting tips from the pros.

You should probably get cavalier first,

I am thinking to stock up boost, revives and potions and also energy. Studying the opponents and getting tips from the pros.
    Damn bruh, the Sentinels on the way to Cav look like.... unit dumps.... :cry:
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    How did my pursuit of glory fared ...
    I returned tattered and carrying a title.

Yay!

Party time! ;)

@tofuシ said:

@RaviDavi said:

There was no Level 22H and also I forgot I had a 6-Star Mysterio, so HB has to wait. :)

I saw the two revives in Act 5.3.6. Jumped in and ... the buff nodes was Cornered and Power Reserve. That was painful. :(

Anyway, Act 5.3 is completed.
    Power Reserve & Cornered. Can't figure out the reason why I did read the nodes and did not bring CAIW and Vision. :(

Two more rounds to go before hopping on to the Cornerstone.

gosh ... did not read
    5.3 = End of the Road for Many (for Now) This was in 2017. Fast forward and now Summoners are taking 6-Stars into Act 5.

So, since I also have a couple of 6-Stars :D , Act 5.3 is fully explored.

A couple of brief thoughts. 4-Stars are really difficult to work with unless being able to switch to an intercept based gameplay as the block damage is just so high and one mistake tends to be game over. I lost count of the number of times falling to BPCW, when I started to test out Act 5.3.1. Not forgetting also the increasing difficulty caused by champion's buff (e.g. Spidergwen).

I have Deep Wounds maxed and naturally bleeders will be good for all six rounds. Needless to say, NF was MVP for me.

There are tricky fights strewn throughout and a good counter will be very helpful to save on revives and potions.

I found that certain paths has nodes which I dislike but with good planning and a wide roster, they are easily neutralised. This Act starts the path towards learning your champs strengths and weaknesses which will be the key to all future Act content.

Tough nodes (basically the same repeated).
    Act 5.3.1

Act 5.3.2

Act 5.3.3

Act 5.3.4

Act 5.3.5

Act 5.3.6

Tough fights.
    1/ Electro (I use max sig Namor)
    2/ Yondu (Use bleed immune)
    3/ Hyperion (Use Iceman or Luke Cage) ;)

Lastly, ... think I need to re-run this to farm the energy. :D

edited July 2021
    Making a little progress in Act 5.4.

It is really very important to mark the paths taken in Act 5.4.2, else energy will be wasted as the paths are hidden.

I took the following:
    2nd run : Power → Hyperion → Rage
    3rd run : Resilience → Hood → Resilience
    4th run : Poison / Bleed → Hyperion → Power

This last path is Masochism and I'll wait to rank up MorningStar to deal with it. Maybe Ægon could also be a good option? Or Magneto (HoX)?