Options

Is 6.2.6 Champion affected by ability accuracy reduction in any way?

thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
edited May 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Sorry if this was brought up earlier; I couldn't find it in the search results.

Anyone know if any part of this fight can be affected by ability accuracy? If you respond, please specify if it is your opinion or your experience. Official responses would be ideal. Thank you.
Post edited by Kabam Dijon on

Comments

• Options
    ROADHOGGERSROADHOGGERS Posts: 33
    I don't believe he has abilities that prevent ability accuracy reduction. Dorky fought The Champion Boss with quake and the ability accuracy reduction from the concussions worked against his abilities https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I-dDJzz9Ew&ab_channel=DorkLessons
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,827 ★★★★★

Quake also has a pistol on her right side of her leg but somehow never uses it lol BTW

I mean… would you?
  • Options
    thanks. iirc I don't think the concussion did anything other than stun him so that Quake could get free hits to fill up his power meter. And the first person to do this is a different Dave:
    https://youtu.be/Ea81HY9xy0E
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Yes he's affected by AAR but he has increased ability accuracy so -100% won't shut him down

So if I bring quake and Hawkeye, their ability accuracy is 115 percent. Would that affect champion's 100 or does it not work that way?
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★

Zan0 said:

Yes he's affected by AAR but he has increased ability accuracy so -100% won't shut him down

So if I bring quake and Hawkeye, their ability accuracy is 115 percent. Would that affect champion's 100 or does it not work that way?
    No, it increases your teams AA by 15%. Quake already has 100% to stun with 10+ aftershocks.

• Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Simple answer: quake will not work, quake cannot solo (anymore)
  • Options
    Riptide said:

Zan0 said:

No, it increases your teams AA by 15%. Quake already has 100% to stun with 10+ aftershocks.

This isn't how people understand this based on all the previous discussions I've found. Eg if you fight against someone who lowers ability accuracy then the extra 15 from Hawkeye will benefit quake even though she began at 100. I never tested any of this but I'm curious to know the official stance on how all of this should work.
  • Options

Why not? I tested it out last night and it should work, granted it'll take a long time.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Why not? I tested it out last night and it should work, granted it'll take a long time.
    Have fun out damaging the regen :)
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,137 ★★★★★

I don't believe he has abilities that prevent ability accuracy reduction. Dorky fought The Champion Boss with quake and the ability accuracy reduction from the concussions worked against his abilities https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I-dDJzz9Ew&ab_channel=DorkLessons

I see where it went :)
  • Options

To anyone interested, I took down 626 Champion with r5 Quake with 6 revives to get him to 90% and about 5 revives for the final 10%. Considering that I have no other options with a very outdated roster (I took a 3 year hiatus), this was a pretty efficient kill.

I did have 2 questions about the following if anyone has any idea on the underlying mechanics.

First, Quake's ability reduction with HE synergy made no effect on the Champion. I guess this is by design? Or is this a bug?

Second, Quake was able to take ~20% of the Champion's health but then he'd regen about 10-15% back of it. Not too bad. But it seems like there was never a way to bring his health further down (believe me, I tried). Once I understood this pattern, I would just quit after I took 20% of his health, then revive and do it again and take another 20% and keep repeating. For some reason, 20% is I all I could get before he would keep regen'ing about 10-15% back no matter how long I kept up with the fight. Hence, it took about 6 revives (no hits or blocks taken) to get him to 10%. Anyone know why ~20% of his health would be the limit?

Either way, not everyone has good options for the 626 Champion and if you are a good Quake player, then you can efficiently take him out. The 5 revives for the last 10% was because I was overconfident and my phone was very laggy. In fact, I had him at 1% on the 2nd try but my swipe didn't work and I died (see picture below).

• Options
    Danyal_39Danyal_39 Posts: 151

To anyone interested, I took down 626 Champion with r5 Quake with 6 revives to get him to 90% and about 5 revives for the final 10%. Considering that I have no other options with a very outdated roster (I took a 3 year hiatus), this was a pretty efficient kill.

I did have 2 questions about the following if anyone has any idea on the underlying mechanics.

First, Quake's ability reduction with HE synergy made no effect on the Champion. I guess this is by design? Or is this a bug?

Second, Quake was able to take ~20% of the Champion's health but then he'd regen about 10-15% back of it. Not too bad. But it seems like there was never a way to bring his health further down (believe me, I tried). Once I understood this pattern, I would just quit after I took 20% of his health, then revive and do it again and take another 20% and keep repeating. For some reason, 20% is I all I could get before he would keep regen'ing about 10-15% back no matter how long I kept up with the fight. Hence, it took about 6 revives (no hits or blocks taken) to get him to 10%. Anyone know why ~20% of his health would be the limit?

Either way, not everyone has good options for the 626 Champion and if you are a good Quake player, then you can efficiently take him out. The 5 revives for the last 10% was because I was overconfident and my phone was very laggy. In fact, I had him at 1% on the 2nd try but my swipe didn't work and I died (see picture below).

The answer to your Hawkeye and Quake synergy is that you're mixing the concept of Ability Accuracy and Ability Accuracy Reduction. This synergy increases the Ability Accuracy of team members by +15%. That means that the chance of your team's champions have +15% chance to proc their abilities. It is basically a counter to domino. Let's understand a scenerio, You fight Quake with awakened Domino. At the start of fight, you forget to charge heavy and therefore concussion doesn't apply and instead Domino reduces the Ability Accuracy of Quake. That means now Quake have 85% chance instead of 100% chance of auto-evade on heavy charging and also same chances of applying concussion. This may result in critical failure due to Domino's sig ability. But now, if you use this synergy and even if you forget to charge heavy at the start of the fight, the Ability Accuracy of Quake will now be reduced from 115%. That means after reducing Ability Accuracy, Quake's Ability Accuracy will still be 100%. That means Quake's evades will never fail and Domino's Crutical Failure will not proc. Now, (not talking about Domino fight, only general fights) concussions are also an Ability of Qauke, which means by using Hawkeye's Ability, you will also have an increased chance i.e. 115% chance to apply concussions. But that doesn't mean that concussion will apply 115% Ability Accuracy Reduction becauss as synergy states, the Ability Accuracy of each champion in team is increased by +15%, not Ability Accuracy Reduction of each champion is increased by +15%.
  • Options
    @Danyal_39 , thank you for your response. Your Domino example was helpful. But it still doesn't resolve what is mathematically defiant.
    Danyal_39 said:

Now, (not talking about Domino fight, only general fights) concussions are also an Ability of Qauke, which means by using Hawkeye's Ability, you will also have an increased chance i.e. 115% chance to apply concussions. But that doesn't mean that concussion will apply 115% Ability Accuracy Reduction becauss as synergy states, the Ability Accuracy of each champion in team is increased by +15%, not Ability Accuracy Reduction of each champion is increased by +15%.

Your explanation did a good job of differentiating between ability accuracy triggering versus ability accuracy reduction. So I agree with you that Quake + HE means that Quake's concussion has a 115% chance to trigger--not Quake's concussion has a 115% chance to reduce/prevent the opponent's ability.

However, this doesn't address the mathematical improbability (i.e., near impossibility). Let's say the Champion's ability accuracy is 200%. Mathematically, there should be at least one instance out of the 30-50 instances where Quake prevents it.

So it's either a bug or there's something about that specific node.

But your explanation raises another question. How should the Quake + BW synergy interact in this situation since BW also adds potency (and not just accuracy)?

And any thoughts on the 20% limit?

Ideally, we would have someone from Kabam make an official response on what the intended behavior should be.