**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Guardian's Perfect Block is Really Useful: 0 Damage from Apocalypse's special attacks

SpinnakerSpinnaker Posts: 271 ★★★
I figured this might be a useful tidbit to share, but I see a lot of people saying that Guardian's rotation can be quite slow. While this isn't false, there are ways to speed it up, especially by using Guardian's ability to perfect block against tough special attacks. The power gain from those perfect blocks will really help with the cycling of specials on him. They also mitigate block damage on a lot of tricky special attacks.
https://youtu.be/BPveWcFJaGA
I think Apocalypse's specials are the most useful ones to share on how to avoid with Guardian (Yes I know they can be dexed, but this is much safer because the timing is more lenient and missing a perfect block means you still block the special attack).

Apocalypse Special 1:
Easiest way to get around this is by dexing the first beam hit and immediately hitting block for the next two bullets. The timing on this is much easier than trying dex the whole thing.

Apocalypse Special 2:
Same strategy as the Special 1 but a lot more timing is required. You want to dex the first bullet, wait for the second bullet to cross the entire screen, and then hit block to perfect block the last two bullets.

I'd recommend practicing a few fights with this strategy to get a feel for the fight, and it will be an easy way to avoid taking tons of damage against Apocalypse and other specials.

Comments

• tofuシtofuシ Posts: 220 ★★
    I really enjoyed this video it really showed the power of guardian
    I have him personally at 5/65 hes truly a beast
    Thanks for the video!!
  • SpinnakerSpinnaker Posts: 271 ★★★
    Thanks! He really is a beast and I use him all the time so I'm happy to do these kinds of showcases
  • mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★
    Spinnaker said:

Thanks! He really is a beast and I use him all the time so I'm happy to do these kinds of showcases

Thanks for the awesome information. Duped 5* rank 4 Guardian is my most used champ, and since I am still uncollected, I actually just do a sp1 and then a sp2, and the fight is over. I know this is not possible with harder content (I do master and uncollected, and in uncollected this is not always enough), and after seeing this I will start to practice 👍....but with high sig + synergy to the team + can parry energy attacks, I really think that he is one of the best champs in the game.