**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Which mystic champion should I spend a 5-star awakening gem on?

StarlordisWickedStarlordisWicked Posts: 295
edited May 2021 in Strategy and Tips
The only caveat is that I've spent all but 1 mystic sig stone on Tigra - and Dr V and Magik are said to need high sig. But, better to start now then later if that's the best option.

Which mystic champion should I spend a 5-star awakening gem on? 127 votes

Magik
28%
danielmathVceeKamikaze_TurtleHendrossAdvPrylankSanta_PsycheAnotheEtjamaMiStaLovaIron_Patriot_is_litKRANꓘSeraphionSaint_Mart74AATTThoye3EdeuinkFiiNCHReignkingTWTrubluMate 36 votes
Dr. Voodoo
37%
SnakeEyes69DrZolaErza_ScarletDrenlinheruheru511ForwardFineDogChamp_Zthanks4playingThatGuyYouSaw235Hammerbro_64CupidMysterioTitoBandito187shadow_lurker22TheAngryOneCr7ms7rs7VoltolosKhushhalSbkrueb 48 votes
Symbiote Supreme
7%
SungjOliverJWReferencedot_dittoSarvanga1_Ted_n00bgentSparx265PrtjoFrostGiantLord 9 votes
WAIT for a better option
26%
zuffyfmussapRotellyThefire13RickGrimes_King73manveertherealWine_LoverDjinKUZURISparkyCzEwell65SSS69Prakhar_82TrashyPandaADwar616ŘïdđhįmBollandR1s02SkyLord7000HoitadoThanks_D19 34 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Dr. Voodoo
    Voodoo is my boy :)
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Idk if Claire needs it, or I would save for doom or someone
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    WAIT for a better option
    Voodoo is a fun champ but IMO he isn’t the best to give an AG too
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    WAIT for a better option
    Most of the top mystic champs don't need AGs, which tends to lead to people growing a collection of them.

Top pick is usually to wait for Doom, who still doesn't need it, and pump all your sigs into him for prestige and the ability to cheese certain nodes. Since you already have Claire and Longshot as 6*s, you're pretty well covered.

On a side note, I'm only missing like 5 non-rare 5*+ champs from mystic, and among them are Claire, Doom, and Longshot. Y u hert mi gaem, y?
  • AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    Magik
    I didn't find an option for Diablo. I'm disappointed.

If you're considering suicides, magik and try to mx sig her. I have an r3 claire with suicides and she's amazing.

If you're fine w/o suicides, wait for doom.
  • Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
    Dr. Voodoo
    Magik does benefits from awakening....

Voodoo awakening is much more beneficial.
    -Increased chances to place Loa buff
    Voodoo need it more, imo.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Magik
    Gives you a little extra damage, a safety net, and makes the champ a solidly annoying defender.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    WAIT for a better option
    Mo Mo Jo Jo
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    Dr. Voodoo
    Whoever told you Voodoo needs high sig is basically wrong. All his sig level does is increase his buff and debuff duration, and even then it starts at +66% and maxes at +125%, so even at sig 1 it's a big benefit. But the real point of awakening him is for the +100% ability accuracy, which doubles his chance of applying Loas, basically guarantees they'll be converted to poison or power burn on his SP1 and SP2, and doubles his regen at the start of every fight. I awakened him a long time ago, left him at sig 1, and he carried me through tons of content.
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    Symbiote Supreme
    While he may not need it, it does help to get the reliable stagger.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    Dr. Voodoo
    Voodoo
  • Sparx265Sparx265 Posts: 268
    Symbiote Supreme
    People here are sleeping on SS. I just recently took him to r5 and used an ag on him. I don't know what content you are currently on, but he is so useful for act 6, variant 5, and tons of other content. While he may not be as good as he once was, he is still incredible and in my opinion, a top 3 mystic. IMO he deserves a mystic gem as it makes his staggers more reliable and is just really nice to have, plus he doesn't need a high sig.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Dr. Voodoo
    Of the ones you listed, Voodoo is the only one who benefits significantly from his awakened ability.

Of the old gods, he’s one of the few remaining that can still be useful in game (I’d include Magik & Hypo and a couple of others in that group). For the other champs, awakening is nice to have but doesn’t transform the champ the way awakening Voodoo does.

While I now reach for Claire and Doom most of the time, my max 5* Voodoo is just a shade down the list for me, but when I do use him he destroys content.

Dr. Zola
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Dr. Voodoo
    Voodoo or wait
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Dr. Voodoo
    Definitely do voodoo. Voodoo is one of the best mystic champions to awaken.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,528 ★★★★★
    Magik
    You've got Claire for debuffing, so use it on Magik. You don't need Dr V as much.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Magik
    She will be useful in endgame content and always one of the best champs if you ever need perma powerlock.

Voodoo will be overshadowed in the future by your other champs. Magik not
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    WAIT for a better option
    Wheres Juggs? His unstoppable when duped is great for can't stop won't stop
    magik is the way lmao