**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Shang-Chi Changes

RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
What about people that bought crystals and grinded arena based on his SP1 ability?

Current (To be discontinued): Landing this attack or Striking into Block will perform the last Wushu Strike used with equal potency. If no Wushu Strike has been used, the Pin-Point Strike is performed.

New (Coming soon): Landing this attack or Striking into Block will perform the last Wushu Strike used with equal potency, excluding the Pin-Point Strike. If no Wushu Strike has been used, the Cleansing Strike is performed.

Comments

• Options
    Did people go for Odin based on his ability to grant the same buffs per rarity?
  • Options
    Just saying they changed the character post release and people had one set of abilities in mind when they either grinded for him or purchased crystals
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Rasilover said:

Did people actually go for Shang chi based on an broken unintentional stun lock?

Didn't even know it existed, I just knew that he was pretty damn good if you knew what you were doing with the charges and a special 2
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,025 ★★★★★
    Rotelly said:

Did people go for Odin based on his ability to grant the same buffs per rarity?

No. That ability was found out about after the preview bundle was released and he was changed before this Featured Cav/Grandmaster crystals were released.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,379 ★★★★★

IT IS A NERF! A DELIBERATE NEGATIVE CHANGE TO A CHARACTER’S CORE ABILITIES!

Its not a nerf something gamebreaking being changed isnt anything they had to make the change as something game breaking could clear pretty much content with no skill and be very unfun but people would use it as some people like the easy way
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    I got him and i couldnt care less, i wasnt gonna use him anyways.

*edit: for stun locking
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,379 ★★★★★

This is a nerf. They released a champ obviously with out testing him. It is not the communities fault , people found a way to maximize a champ that Kabam released. There should be compensation for anyone who grinded and bought crystals to get him. It is a nerf because it is changing the champ in a way that changes how you play him. I do believe that it is a needed change because it could break the game, but it does not change the fact people did buy something as it was and not how they are making him. There needs to be compensation for this action, there has to be accountability to Kabam.

People went for him due to damage not the whole stun lock but people who do stun lock are those that want rewards without putting in real effort and again its not a nerf its just a change of description to apply a different effect than stun sp1 still works the same so nothing has changed
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
    They should have just put a cooldown on that sp1 strike, so you could stun lock for a short period, then have to go through normal again until it refreshes. Kind of like how can stun luck and heavy into oblivion champs with Hulkbuster in the corner for a massive damage loop, but not infinite...ly
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Why didn’t they just nerf/change the sp1. No one even uses it in his normal rotation. As an example, sp1 could be changed to:

Gain a cruelty for 12 seconds granting 2000 crit damage rating. These cruelties and be refreshed with heavy. Max stacks two.

Rip Shang-Chi’s sig 😔

Edit: wait is the Chang only to his sp1? If so then forget everything.

Edit2: Okay not the worst change in the world just an awkward one. I would’ve preferred the change stated above but don’t mind this one.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    Bendy said:

This is a nerf. They released a champ obviously with out testing him. It is not the communities fault , people found a way to maximize a champ that Kabam released. There should be compensation for anyone who grinded and bought crystals to get him. It is a nerf because it is changing the champ in a way that changes how you play him. I do believe that it is a needed change because it could break the game, but it does not change the fact people did buy something as it was and not how they are making him. There needs to be compensation for this action, there has to be accountability to Kabam.

People went for him due to damage not the whole stun lock but people who do stun lock are those that want rewards without putting in real effort and again its not a nerf its just a change of description to apply a different effect than stun sp1 still works the same so nothing has changed
    Agree.
    If I recall correctly... the stun lock was discovered 2 days into the arena grind, yes?
    If so, it was not the reason people grinded for Shangchi at all.
  • Options
    LiquidkoldLiquidkold Posts: 192 ★★
    Bendy said:

How is the stun lock any different then quaking champs to death. Why haven't they changed her. There does not say anything in her abilities that she can win a fight with out ever touching anyone. I am understand the stun lock needs to go away 100%, I am saying that they are changing a champ to make him worse then he was on release. If you bought a car with a V8 and then they say you can not have then anymore and put a V6 in, you would be pissed. The v6 does the same thing as the v8 as it makes the car move but the V8 has more power and can go faster. It is the same thing changing the champ after release. It is not right and there for they need to compensate the people who got this champ.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

Why didn’t they just nerf/change the sp1. No one even uses it in his normal rotation. As an example, sp1 could be changed to:

Gain a cruelty for 12 seconds granting 2000 crit damage rating. These cruelties and be refreshed with heavy. Max stacks two.

Rip Shang-Chi’s sig 😔

they did nerf the sp1?