**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Green Goblin

Hey guys what's your take on Green Goblin I think he's pretty bad a** I like his little bag of tricks and I also looked it up that he has Regen. But does he need to be duped guys? Is he worth 5/50?

Comments

• I would say he does need to be duped but is only worth r5 if he is duped
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    He definitely has the "cool" factor, but his controls are very wonky. Really hard to get a feel for how to play him. I've maxed my 3* duped GG, and only really use him for arena grinding.
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    Power control is trash, regen can be outdamaged by DOT, really his only redeeming quality is his prestige
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Like mentioned his L1 is junk. You'll never use it. Duped his L2 can do some really decent damage. He's fun to play with in my opinion and looks cool af but I won't r5 mine. There's better damage output champs out there and his prestige won't help me. He's not a bad champ though. He is sort of durable so if you like him and fight well with him go for it. As long as you're putting up wins who cares. That said being duped will help with his damage output by quite a bit. Wouldn't think about r5 without it.
  • ShokaDelicShokaDelic Posts: 191
    Cool thanks for the insight
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★

ShokaDelic wrote: »
    Hey guys what's your take on Green Goblin I think he's pretty bad a** I like his little bag of tricks and I also looked it up that he has Regen. But does he need to be duped guys? Is he worth 5/50?

I have a r4 5* GG and love him... he has great utility and did huge chunks of 5.3 for me! Damage is consistent rather than huge, and bigger plus is weakness that reduces power gain, rather than power drain.

Takes practice to use him, and time to
    Learn how to play with him
  • What troll is flagging these posts? Really guys?
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    GG is good, he's just not god tier. He's definitely a solid champion.

What people are referring to about his power control is that the power drain on the special 1 is unreliable, however, once he has a Cunning charge he still reduces all power gain. His power drain also becomes more reliable once he's duped because it can trigger on his pumpkin bombs on any special.

Typically you would use the special 1 for the weakness proc and not just because it can power drain. Effectively you get a rhythm going where your enemy is not really gaining power because of your cunning charges and then the power drain (even being unreliable) will still keep them off their specials if you are repeating it.

He has a lot of utility, just not high damage. That's pretty typical of most utility characters as well. Even Iceman doesn't have high damage until you stack a lot of Frostbite charges.

Still hoping they might buff his crit damage or give him a Shock debuff someday, but until then he is good and he is worth leveling up. Just that if you have any god tier champions you might prioritize them first.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    SlyCat42 wrote: »
    GG is good, he's just not god tier. He's definitely a solid champion.

What people are referring to about his power control is that the power drain on the special 1 is unreliable, however, once he has a Cunning charge he still reduces all power gain. His power drain also becomes more reliable once he's duped because it can trigger on his pumpkin bombs on any special.

Typically you would use the special 1 for the weakness proc and not just because it can power drain. Effectively you get a rhythm going where your enemy is not really gaining power because of your cunning charges and then the power drain (even being unreliable) will still keep them off their specials if you are repeating it.

He has a lot of utility, just not high damage. That's pretty typical of most utility characters as well. Even Iceman doesn't have high damage until you stack a lot of Frostbite charges.

Still hoping they might buff his crit damage or give him a Shock debuff someday, but until then he is good and he is worth leveling up. Just that if you have any god tier champions you might prioritize them first.

Mine hits hard on sp2 with cunning up. 20k damage from the 3 his and then super bomb damage on top