**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Effective Overhaul Idea

Cyclops (New Xavier School)
5 Star, 5/65, Sig. 200

Signature Ability - Optic Flexibility
- Cyclops generates one Optic Effectiveness charge every 1.5 seconds.
- The duration of Cyclops’ Precision Passive is increased by +10 seconds.
- All Armor Break Debuffs last +15 seconds longer.

Mutation - Always Active
+1085 Energy Resistance.
- Cyclops takes no damage from his own Beams.
- Cyclops gains +225.23 Critical Damage Rating for the remainder of the fight and 3% of Max Power each time he receives Energy Damage. This has 50% reduced potency if Cyclops is suffering from a Tech champion’s Plasma effect.
- Gain 10% of Max Power whenever Cyclops takes zero damage from Energy Damage.

Expertise
- This champion can strike with Critical Hits even while the opponent is blocking.
- Whenever Cyclops dodges or well-timed Blocks the opponent’s Special Attacks and when striking the opponent’s Block with Critical Hits in any way or when, Cyclops gains 8% of Max Power.
- Every 25 seconds, Cyclops gains a Precision Passive that grants +6813 Critical Rating for 15 seconds. Every blocked hit by either Cyclops or the opponent that is not critical reduces the timer by 2 seconds.

Optic Effectiveness
- Whenever Cyclops takes Energy Damage or when either champion performs a Critical Hit in any way, Cyclops gains one Optic Effectiveness, but loses 15 when Power Drained, Burned or suffering from Tech champions Plasma effects. Max stacks: 50
- For each Optic Effectiveness, Cyclops’ Special Attacks are granted bonuses:
+185.16 Block Penetration.
+69.18 Critical Damage Rating.
+235.26 Armor Penetration.
+0.5% Power Gain.

When Gaining Over 50 Optic Effectiveness
- Gain a Prowess Buff for 10 seconds, increasing Special Attack damage by 10%.
3% chance to randomly gain 1, 2, or 3 Bars of Power.

Special Attacks
- All Beam Attacks are guaranteed to be Critical at the cost of 15 Optic Effectiveness.
- Any Critical Rating that Cyclops gains is converted into +956.16 Critical Damage Rating for the duration of the Special Attack when Cyclops consumes 15 Optic Effectiveness.
- Abilities caused by hitting the opponent with Beam Attacks also trigger through the opponent’s Block.

Special Attack 1
- If Cyclops has a Prowess Effect, this attack ignores all Energy Resistance.
- Each hit deals a burst of Energy Damage, causing up to 1491.25 based on Optic Effectiveness.

Special Attack 2
- The first 3 hits have a 30% chance to grant Cyclops a Prowess Buff for 5 seconds, increasing Special Attack Damage by +25%. These are paused for the duration of the Special Attack.
- Beam Attacks have a 40% chance to Armor Break the opponent, reducing Armor Rating by 981.15 for 10 seconds. The chance of this ability triggering is increased by +15% for each Prowess effect Cyclops has.

Special Attack 3
- Consume 15 Optic Effectiveness to inflict a stacking Energy Vulnerability Debuff, reducing Energy Resist by 1510.16 for 25 seconds.
- If Cyclops was at 50 Optic Effectiveness when using this attac , inflict a Disorient Debuff reducing Defensive Ability Accuracy and Block Proficiency by 50%.

Synergies

Energy Effectiveness (Bishop)
Bishop: Energy Overload now happens when over 50 Prowess and Energy Overload grants Bishop +100% Attack Rating and +50% Special Attack Damage.
Cyclops: Critical Hits have a 50% chance to grant an additional Optic Effectiveness charge.

Energy Stalemate (Havok)
Havok: Taking Energy Damage increases Havok’s Critical Rating by +250 for the remainder of the fight. Additionally, when fighting Cyclops (Both), Havok’s Basic Attacks gain +50% Attack Rating.
Cyclops: Taking Energy Damage increases Cyclops’ Energy Resistance by +125 for the remainder of the fight. Additionally, fighting Havok causes Cyclops to gain +15% Attack Rating for each Plasma Build Up on Cyclops.

Troubled Past (Phoenix)
Phoenix: Gain 8% of Max Power when receiving Energy Damage.
Cyclops: Special Attacks cost 15% less power.

Comments

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,751 ★★★★★
    I like it. The one thing I'm a little hesitant about is how the plasma effects of Tech champs would reduce his effectiveness in certain regards. First, it's only Iron Men who use plasma effects, or am I missing someone? So it feels a little restrictive. Second, doesn't Havok generate plasma that Cyclops is immune to?

I would probably change it so that some other quality among Tech champions interacts that way instead of plasma, but I have no idea what it would be. All of the things my mind comes up with would just feel like copy-pasted straight from Havok.

But with that out of the way, I do still like the concept. Don't get me wrong. It's nice to see one of the OG noodles of the game receive some buff-love, even if it's just from us in the community. :)
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

I like it. The one thing I'm a little hesitant about is how the plasma effects of Tech champs would reduce his effectiveness in certain regards. First, it's only Iron Men who use plasma effects, or am I missing someone? So it feels a little restrictive. Second, doesn't Havok generate plasma that Cyclops is immune to?

I would probably change it so that some other quality among Tech champions interacts that way instead of plasma, but I have no idea what it would be. All of the things my mind comes up with would just feel like copy-pasted straight from Havok.

But with that out of the way, I do still like the concept. Don't get me wrong. It's nice to see one of the OG noodles of the game receive some buff-love, even if it's just from us in the community. :)

Cyclops and Havok are immune to each other's Powers, if you ever use Havok against Cyclops or vice versa, the only way you could win is by being the better hand to hand combatant.
  • TheDaywalkerTheDaywalker Posts: 143
    Ercarret said:

I should’ve changed it to Shock effects instead like how Sunspot is affected. You’re right about the Plasma being to restrictive. Thanks.