**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who deserves r3 first?

Laksh1995Laksh1995 Posts: 207
edited May 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I have venom and CMM both sitting at r2 6* whom i should r3 first?

Who deserves r3 first? 130 votes

Venom.
56%
DrZolaRaganatorTaxDrenlinZeroj2kSpeedbumpPsychoakumaDrake2078yossthanks4playingSungjFurious_Fighter1Rbk19pseudosaneyuwKerneasLogan00doctorbColinwhitworth69Cranky_Trump 74 votes
CMM.
43%
JadedAzKicker316Ram_SarkarTristanMets17Lvernon15KennadoThunderGodHendrossPseudoubermanveertherealTheAngryOneCr7ms7rs7spaceoctopusAnotheJoeHsu324Kill_GreyLaksh1995Bugmat78No_oneuk 56 votes
Post edited by Kabam Dijon on

Comments

• Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    CMM.
    Both duped or unduped?
  • Options
    CMM.
    Unduped
  • Options
    DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
    Venom
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Venom.
    he’s too much fun
  • Options
    CMM.
    If CMM is duped go her, if she's not then go Venom
  • Options
    CMM.

he’s too much fun

But is he better?
  • Options
    CMM.
    Laksh1995 said:

he’s too much fun

But is he better?
    CMM needs the r3 more because she is more of a bursty type character, so with a greater attack value she can burst down bigger healthpools. IMO you should go her, plus her indestructible is pretty good.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Venom.
    Show cosmic roster for your 5 and 6*s
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    CMM.

Show cosmic roster for your 5 and 6*s

Hela,Venom,CMM all unduped :) and 5* idc about them anymore lol. But i have a corvus sitting at r4 but will do him shortly.
  • Options
    Venom.
    If you want better, CMM awakened, if you want fun, venom, but if you have someone like corvus or hyperion, i would just go venom anyway, he is a beast, has a rare utility in the cosmic class with his nullify on sp1 and very sustainable, hits hard, an armor up for nodes that require it or a havok, great for that mix master path in 7.2.6, and just feels smooth to play. Also really good for the variants being an XL villain champ.
  • Options
    CMM.

If you want better, CMM awakened, if you want fun, venom, but if you have someone like corvus or hyperion, i would just go venom anyway, he is a beast, has a rare utility in the cosmic class with his nullify on sp1 and very sustainable, hits hard, an armor up for nodes that require it or a havok, great for that mix master path in 7.2.6, and just feels smooth to play. Also really good for the variants being an XL villain champ.

O.O
  • Options
    Cranky_TrumpCranky_Trump Posts: 263
    Venom.
    venom destroys all
  • Options
    Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    Venom.
    Venom for the variants
  • Options
    Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    Venom.
    Vemon, seeing as CMM isn't awakened.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    CMM.
    Cmm out damages venom any day.

I wouldn’t r3 either unduped, but if I had to it would be cmm.
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    CMM.
    i change my vote cmm is unduped
  • Options
    hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    Venom.
    I like both and I have both at a r5 level, but venom undoubtedly takes the cake especially when both are unawakened
  • Options
    CMM.
    I forgot to mention i have both sym supreme and NF for synergies at r5 :)
    @herm @manveerthereal @Jaded @Stebo_79 @Nalak8 @Cranky_Trump
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    CMM.
    Laksh1995 said:

I forgot to mention i have both sym supreme and NF for synergies at r5 :)
    @herm @manveerthereal @Jaded @Stebo_79 @Nalak8 @Cranky_****

I have both venom 5*r5/6*r2 and cmm 5*r5/6*r3 and NF 5*r5/6*r3. I use the cmm/nf team a lot. Venom is used for much less, especially for random questing.

Cmm’s dupe with the indestructible is great but you can avoid those fights that require it. Venom wouldn’t be useful for those same fights.
  • Options
    PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    Venom.
    Venom !

I have a R2 venom in my mini acct and he's soooo much fun. in that account i'm an occassional player. basically do AQ/War every day and some side questing if its not onerous unlike this month. As @ChaosMax1012 mentions, that armor up, sp1 nullify (along with regen nom nom) makes him a very sustainable champ while still being super fun. that armor break heavy is also super useful.

In my main account I have CMM but won't be R3'ing her anytime soon (only maybe after I have 2 cosmic t5cc then I might go for her). Hardly use her as my Fury is in war defence (so locked out for 3 days a week) which means no go for quest synergies on those days. In the meantime I will wait out for Venom (I already have another cosmic R3 anyway so not in a rush).
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    CMM.
    I have a CMM at r3 already and I really don't see awakened / unawakened as being much of a discussion at all - her primary motivation for me is that ultra high damage she produces - if you have a nick Fury then it's CMM all day long. Far surpasses Venoms damage, sig 0, sig 1, sig 200 - all the same damage.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Venom.
    I have CMM high sig+NF and I don't enjoy her, the rampup is boring.

Venom on the other hand rocks 24/7
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Venom.
    I very much disagree with the assessment cmm is better while venom is more fun. I could probably count on one hand how many times I've used CMM in 2021. She is steadily being outclasses by other cosmics in end game content, hyperion overall is better, Corvus is better most of the time at bursting down fights and CGR has far more long term damage output. Venom on the other hand while might not be good for as many fights fills in a niche that imo makes him far more valuable for an end game roster and makes me use him more often.

CMM is losing value while venom is always going to be valuable. Any spiderverse champ released in the future or in future content, venom is going to be a top option. His damage is sustainable, his regen makes him great for long paths in hard content, he's literally the best overall option for variant content that has been released thus far.

If you run certain paths in map 7 aq cmm fight be more valuable for you but since shes unawakened i dont think that would be the case either
  • Options
    Venom.
    No_oneuk said:

I have a CMM at r3 already and I really don't see awakened / unawakened as being much of a discussion at all - her primary motivation for me is that ultra high damage she produces - if you have a nick Fury then it's CMM all day long. Far surpasses Venoms damage, sig 0, sig 1, sig 200 - all the same damage.

He/she has corvus as a 5* for damage, and does what cmm does better. Venom is more unique and for sure has more utility than CMM. His damage in comparison isn’t close, but it’s sufficient and ticks down the opponent with his bleeds if not immune, fine without the bleeds too. His access to armor breaks are easier and he’s just so versatile. Love my r5 5* venom, i used a 5* generic gem on him, though he doesn’t need it i generally love the champ.
  • Options
    CMM.
    _Sham_ said:

Laksh1995 said:

I have venom and CMM both sitting at r2 6* whom i should r3 first?

Did you made this poll for me lol
    Lol, my besto friendo?
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    CMM.

No_oneuk said:

He/she has corvus as a 5* for damage, and does what cmm does better. Venom is more unique and for sure has more utility than CMM. His damage in comparison isn’t close, but it’s sufficient and ticks down the opponent with his bleeds if not immune, fine without the bleeds too. His access to armor breaks are easier and he’s just so versatile. Love my r5 5* venom, i used a 5* generic gem on him, though he doesn’t need it i generally love the champ.
    Access to armor breaks are easier? You have to heavy, which is either a heavy counter (lots of champs make it hard/impossible) or parry heavy (stun immune/tenacity/some form of shrug off are relatively frequent).

All she has to do is hit. She can even do it into the block if she wants to.

I like my venom too, but I wouldnt imagine saying he has "for sure more utility". Just different utility.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,315 ★★★★★
    Venom.
    Seriously, CMM is so underwhelming nowadays. Venom with new mister negative synergy is a monster, go for him