**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My issue with Variant Rewards

MkkalMkkal Posts: 37
I have been playing this game for less than a year, I've come to the conclusion that Variants are an essential piece of content that progressing players need to complete in order to improve their status in the game.

All of the rewards are fine except the 2017 rank up gem. I can understand that for the old variants but when Kabam releases a variant in 2020-2021 why do they still put these gems in the stack of rewards? we are talking about champions that are 5+ years old.. regardless if they are good or not, shouldn't this be the summoner's choice? whether to rank up an old champion or a new one?

My question is, for how long will Kabam give this gem for doing the variant? are we stuck with this gem for all of the variants to come? does anybody share the same feeling?

Comments

• Options
    MkkalMkkal Posts: 37
    DrZola said:

I think we are stuck with it. It isn’t ideal, and there are fewer and fewer champs I’d like to rank from the 2017 era and back, but I don’t see them budging and the complexity of compensating players who have already finished all (or nearly all) variants probably isn’t worth the hassle.

I tend to use mine the day I get them. Pick the best champ from
    that era and call it a day. Odds are not terrible they get buffed eventually.

Dr. Zola

That's a valid point, I am not necessarily looking for compensation as I am yet to complete all of them, rather concerned about the future.. I would love if they replace them with generics in the coming variants.
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    They'll likely change them to 2018 for V8 or 9. Then 2019 for V12 or 13. At least that would be my prediction.

I'm not personally a fan of them, especially since Kabam still refuses to let us use them properly. But I doubt they'll ever get rid of year gems completely
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Mkkal said:

DrZola said:

I think we are stuck with it. It isn’t ideal, and there are fewer and fewer champs I’d like to rank from the 2017 era and back, but I don’t see them budging and the complexity of compensating players who have already finished all (or nearly all) variants probably isn’t worth the hassle.

I tend to use mine the day I get them. Pick the best champ from
    that era and call it a day. Odds are not terrible they get buffed eventually.

Dr. Zola

That's a valid point, I am not necessarily looking for compensation as I am yet to complete all of them, rather concerned about the future.. I would love if they replace them with generics in the coming variants.
    Of course. I still have Ch3 of Variant 1 remaining, and I honestly only hit a quest in that Variant when there is nothing else to do in game. The 2015 gem there isn’t attractive, but at the time Var 1 released, those rewards were outstanding.

I’m hoping next variant offers 2018 and earlier materials.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Suggest reading the many many posts on this issue that have been created over the years.
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

i think the gems are set to the year 2017 2016 etc cause those quests came out then . just a thoery but in a couple years time they will be 2019 2020 gems

V7 was the first quest of 2016. All previous quests were 2015. At the current pace, it'd take until 2026 or 27 to get to 2017 quests