**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

If Wish crystals do go live eventually...

Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
edited May 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
More than half of the times I open the general discussions tab, it's about getting awful champs as rewards for difficult contents. It's even made some rage quit after stacking up a considerable amount of "Trash" champs( Esp 6 stars). It's also true that a lot of us are FTP and do not have the luxury of purchasing cav crystals so we gotta hope we pull better champs sooner rather later( a lot of us are still on the hunt for a champ years after they've been released)
I was thinking if those wish crystals do go live(I'm not even sure if kabam is still going ahead with that😂 but here's hoping) they could be included as a reward for completing an Act in Story quests or even added to arenas
What do y'all think?

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Adding them to arenas would cheapen them. They will be nice to have but they should be earned, not kept in an arena where all one does is throw 10K units and rerun max 6 star rank 3 teams over and over again. Most people wouldn't even have a chance anyways and the people that do have a chance in arenas would most probably already have most champs anyways.
  • aNOOBis235aNOOBis235 Posts: 147

Adding them to arenas would cheapen them. They will be nice to have but they should be earned, not kept in an arena where all one does is throw 10K units and rerun max 6 star rank 3 teams over and over again. Most people wouldn't even have a chance anyways and the people that do have a chance in arenas would most probably already have most champs anyways.

The same problem could be applied to new story quests and new challenging content.Players that clear this are predominantly players with large accounts with virtually every character anyway.
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★

I was thinking maybe a final milestone and not ranked reward but the latter seems more likely...
    A lotta people wouldn't have the chance

The same problem could be applied to new story quests and new challenging content.Players that clear this are predominantly players with large accounts with virtually every character anyway.
    What would you propose?
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,105 ★★★★★

I was thinking maybe a final milestone and not ranked reward but the latter seems more likely...
    Wish crystals would be WAY too valuable to be picked up every 3 days from the final milestone to arena...

It would most likely be introduced behind a pay wall or for an extra amount of shards. For example spend 25k 5* shards for a 5* wish crystal. Something along those lines
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    I think they will different variants for the wish crystal. 3*, 4*, 5* etc. The 3*, 4* can be given for doing some EQ or SQ....

And the 5* and 6* can be given for special quests like boss rush or celebrity challenges....

They can give shards for these crystal which you collect overtime and then buy the crystal.
    OGAvenger said:

Wish crystals would be WAY too valuable to be picked up every 3 days from the final milestone to arena...

It would most likely be introduced behind a pay wall or for an extra amount of shards. For example spend 25k 5* shards for a 5* wish crystal. Something along those lines
    That's true
  • Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    You are asking way too much by including them in milestones. I wouldn't mind seeing them as rewards of act 8 chapter 1 or act 7 chapter 4. Nothing before tho.
  • Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    Also, they will be un-purchasable like nexus and will only be available in special offers so don't expect too much.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    I was actually going to point out that wish crystals being so readily available from the get-go would kill their immediate value, you have to follow the same path that we are seeing with Nexus crystals and have them be something extremely exclusive and then slowly over time (and I'm talking years) start making them more attainable through RNG or even a once in a blue moon event.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    We need wish crystals so badly man. Yeah there value should be exclusive like nexuses.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    We'll probably be able to choose 2 champions we want and they throw in 8 bad ones.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

We'll probably be able to choose 2 champions we want and they throw in 8 bad ones.

They already said YOU would choose up to 10, so really if you're not happy with the result, take your anger out on the guy in mirror.
  • AndyBeardoAndyBeardo Posts: 180
    edited May 2021

More than half of the times I open the general discussions tab, it's about getting awful champs as rewards for difficult contents. It's even made some rage quit after stacking up a considerable amount of "Trash" champs( Esp 6 stars). It's also true that a lot of us are FTP and do not have the luxury of purchasing cav crystals so we gotta hope we pull better champs sooner rather later( a lot of us are still on the hunt for a champ years after they've been released)
    I was thinking if those wish crystals do go live(I'm not even sure if kabam is still going ahead with that😂 but here's hoping) they could be included as a reward for completing an Act in Story quests or even added to arenas
    What do y'all think?

I wouldn't consider myself especially lucky regarding 5* and 6* champs, having 60 5* of which about 10 would be considered very good or god tier (say the odds would be 1/4 of acquiring such a champ, so 15 out of 60) and 7 6* of which arguably one is very good or god tier but that's how the game works.

Opening crystals is like gambling. About 180 numbers and only 20-30 are what you really want (the so called god tier ones, with the next category it would maybe be 50). So the odds aren't good. Keep calm and carry on. I think part of the thrill is that many champs are what you don't want to get so you always want to open more crystals.

But let's say Kabam wanted to adress the "I'm so unlucky" discussions because they really fear players will quit: They could just replace every 6* crystal with a 6* Nexus. This would highly improve the chances of getting at least a decent 6* champ every time. I'm not saying they should do that, but that would be the easiest way to stop the discussions.
    The point of the whole discussion is that kabam rewards difficult contents to accomplish like taking out the grandmaster or even abyss level content with wish crystals so players wouldn't feel discouraged with their pulls afterwards. I'm not saying they should be everywhere. They should be just as exclusive as the nexus crystals. The mention of arena was out of sympathy but it's not really reasonable.
    Regardless, I'm looking forward to the crystals debut. It's gonna be an interesting experience