**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Honest Feedback for All Nine Carina Challenges

2»

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    tafre said:

Rasilover said:

Carina challenges are for people with no content to do and a bunch of resources

This nails it, I have had zero reason to farm resources or even open 4 hour crystals for over a year, these challenges have gotten me back into that style of play and I am enjoying it. They have taken me out of simply playing arena while waiting for content. I am now making choices about resources and time spent playing that I have needed to consider since the Abyss and that is welcomed.

People say cash grab, unit grab etc, they’re wrong this is content for people who have lost an entire portion of the game to the dumbing down of content that now caters to the average player.
    Some of them certainly are not and they provide a very fun and challenging experience but the LOL ones and the useless Cyclops one are literally there to drain your items, you can't finish them without using any items. Sure you can grind weeks to get those resources and do it for "free", but I think that takes away from the experience, it is not challenging you in any way. If you consider grinding for resources for days and weeks a challenge then we can agree to disagree.

I can see people saying AOL was like that as well since you are essentially forces to revive once your hit count is finished but at least right now you can find revive less clears until the Collector which is simply amazing. It will be even easier once r4-r5 champs are available whereas you will never be able to finish the LOL carina challenges itemless because of the enrage timer limit against the 4 stars. The Cyclops one we will see since both of them are so bad that they are bound to get overhauled at some point with the rate Kabam is buffing champs.
    When you say these should be able to be done without revives, as that is no challenge, you are completely ignoring the need for the company to be able to monetize content for this free to play game. It can be done without units/cash but yeah requires resources that can be earned by farming (an aspect of the game especially for f2p) or by spending.

IMO It’s super short sighted to be essentially saying that Kabam should provide content with such valuable resources without having an Avenue for players to spend on it.

Another way to look at this is Kabam are selling t5cc and 6 star shards to whales while allowing f2p an Avenue to earning those same rewards through game play. That to me is wonderfully beautiful and I hope to see more of it, so posts decrying the challenges as needing to be able to be done item less is disheartening because they are saying to Kabam don’t waste your time with leaving non-payers an opportunity to earn these items also.

*p.s. funny you mention AoL clears while poopooing farming, those clears required those players to spend an extraordinary amount of time in the abyss well beyond what the spent to 100% it previously. They farmed those abyss runs and did it well after they had already completed the content. Two of them are part of this “omg players should be to do this without items so this is a cash grab” mentality relating to the challenges, if they had spend their time with other aspects of the game they could at least do it unitless.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Pretty much how I feel about them as well. I did all but the 6.2.6 and Inhumans and SL runs bc I had enough stashed to do them all unitless. Don't really have any intention of doing the remaining 3 unless I end up building a ridiculous stash again or the R4 mats become actually relevant

exact same spot challenge wise. have you completed the rest by now? @Worknprogress
  • Options
    Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Man, this is a lot of thread reviving in the past 2 days. But this comment isn’t that bad since it’s just asking someone for their progress, but the other were useless and annoying.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Pretty much how I feel about them as well. I did all but the 6.2.6 and Inhumans and SL runs bc I had enough stashed to do them all unitless. Don't really have any intention of doing the remaining 3 unless I end up building a ridiculous stash again or the R4 mats become actually relevant

exact same spot challenge wise. have you completed the rest by now? @Worknprogress
    Nope haven't touched them and don't plan on it until after SoP at the earliest and when I actually need the R4 mats. For now I couldn't care less about them
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Thanks for this so much. I got thronebreaker a week ago and am planning on starting to jump into these soon. It’s good to know someone’s feedback for all of them and have it on one place. I’m definitely going to come back and reference this.