Some help

Hey guys!

I ve played mcoc for a long time, with long breaks from the game.
Haven't really spent much time watching YouTube vids, I did try to read up on the forum, but every tip or guide is kinda advanced for me. So basically, here's the screenshot of my strongest champs. I've just completed act 4 using boosts and a bit of healing. Act 5 seems like too much though. Is this "normal"? Or should I be able to get uncollected with my band?

Comments

• The_beast123The_beast123 Member Posts: 2,097 ★★★★
    ACT 5 gives an impact at the 1st, but trust me, it's not all that tough if you're prepared.
    I think you quite have the 'band' (I'm not making fun of, but I like it, and hence the quotations) to do the required.
    Nick fury would be super useful (From a guy who used Nick all the way)

Once awakened, he's simply madness.
    Just have a lil farming on your revives and potions ( probably units too for safety) and you're good to go.
    IMO, you won't be hindered until 5.2.3, which has Buffet.
    Good luck! Ping me if at all you want to know anything else too!
    (But what's with that stash? 1.7k woah....)
  • Will3808Will3808 Member Posts: 3,742 ★★★★★

I’ve got 2000 something. I’m not surprised.

To answer your questions though, you can probably get uncollected with that roster. I’d watch some guides about the recent ultron and black panther buffs to make sure your playing them correctly. My suggestion is to try act 5. If it’s really hard and you don’t think you can do it, go back and explore act 4. Also try to explore master difficulty every month so that you can grow your skill and knowledge of the game.
  • CrazyAlkoCrazyAlko Member Posts: 6

Well I get more iso8 than catalysts for ranking up. Thanks for the advice
    Will3808 said:

To answer your questions though, you can probably get uncollected with that roster. I’d watch some guides about the recent ultron and black panther buffs to make sure your playing them correctly. My suggestion is to try act 5. If it’s really hard and you don’t think you can do it, go back and explore act 4. Also try to explore master difficulty every month so that you can grow your skill and knowledge of the game.
    I completed the first quest in act 5, which gave bonus attack. The next kinda felt like too much, halfway all my team was down, even with boosts. I try master difficulty every event quest, and I complete it fine, but exploring 100% seems too hard :( the new Ultron and BP tho, I absolutely love.
  • Normax_XNormax_X Member Posts: 552 ★★★
    easily can get uncollected with that team, completion aint bad, exploration is annoying act5 was brutal
  • Superjoe8293Superjoe8293 Member Posts: 42
    You should be able to get UC with your roster. Like @The_beast123 said I also used Nick Fury for a majority of it. Act 5 is where paying attention to nodes, planning out paths, and setting yourself up for a smoother ride begins to get essential. if it still feels too much you can always focus on EQ, SQ, and arenas and then in a month or so take another crack at it to see how you measure up.
  • DawsManDawsMan Member Posts: 2,169 ★★★★★
    That roster can definetly get uncollected. You just need to practice, get your skills back and hone them. You'll be gtg.
    CrazyAlko said:

Well I get more iso8 than catalysts for ranking up. Thanks for the advice
    Will3808 said:

I completed the first quest in act 5, which gave bonus attack. The next kinda felt like too much, halfway all my team was down, even with boosts. I try master difficulty every event quest, and I complete it fine, but exploring 100% seems too hard :( the new Ultron and BP tho, I absolutely love.
    I think it just begins hard, the Global there is Breakthrough right? ( It's been a long time there, so yeah)
    You'll just need patience, not even boosts. You'll slowly, but surely get through it.
    5.1.3 again has flare, 5.1.4 has Life transfer ( probably should be the easiest for you, provided you can play aggressive and bait specials regularly).
    5.1.5 has burden of might, and you might want some counter to that Electro boss, just to avoid straight deaths, keeping in mind there's a node which gives him unblockable SP1.
    5.1.6 has Brute force and Kinetic instigator, try and take advantage of the K.I node.

This is all for chapter 1.

5.2.1 & 5.2.2 should be a joke, just Power shield, and Godslayer in the 2nd part. The Hood boss in the 2nd quest could be a problem, and you should maintain his power as much as possible, for his SP2 is unblockable. (Yeah, it's just the 1st hit, but I don't wish to have that high of block damage).

5.2.3 Now things heat up from here. Every 7 or so seconds, the next buff you would trigger is nullified. And every time this happens, the opponent regenerates 5% of health. Ideally you would like to avoid even Dex, or just dash back pre-maturely, to prevent the triggering of the precision from dex. Be careful if you decide to play Nick, Doom, Colossus or the other buff dependant/triggering champs. You should be glad if you take along revives and potions for safety too.

5.2.4 Masochism, Argh, I can never forget this. Also, the boss has Caltrops, so make sure to bring your bleed immune.
    Every 7 or so seconds, the next debuff applied to opponent is purified to regen 5% of health for the opponent.
    Guides suggest an easy path which could seem tough too, sometimes. Please bring in a High block proficiency champ.

5.2.5 & 5.2.6 Bane. If you know Bane, you know what you should do here. You lose 2.5% health every second due to a curse, which is passes to the opponent if it had stayed on you for 10 seconds. Timing your hits will help you pass this to the opponent

I have just given a rough info about the nodes.
    Good luck!
    Wow thanks so much for the detailed info, much appreciated. I get there's a lot of thinking behind paths and nodes, gonna try.

I suppose my previous approach of just choosing the strongest group of champs I have for a quest isn't exactly the most effective, gonna pay more attention to synergies.

I have finally scraped almost enough tier 2 alpha catalyst to rank up a 5* to rank 4. I'm thinking the best hero to spend it on is vision (Aarkus), since I have decent maxed out 4*s of all every class except cosmic, right?
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Member Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    No need for 5 star r4 at the moment while you are not uncollected.

Get UC and then the cost of t2a will be significantly lower in the glory store for you.

Doom, colossus, thing, she hulk, bwdo, nuck fury. All thes are good champs strong enough to get you UC.

Learn the doctor doom cycle from youtube videos. It will help you a lot.
    Thanks for the Dr. Doom cycle tip, was very good to systemize what I have been doing instinctively :)

I seem to have forgotten some of the basics of the game, truly. Maybe something was changed but I seem to fail to bait specials often. They will just hold on to it forever, until they get SP3 and I'm dead. Am I missing something?

Also, is there some sort of noobie arena and incursion guides? I couldnt find anything concise.

I used to know how to "bait" those thanos\kang easy teams in arena. And incursions just seem to be very hard and time consuming with little reward (those milestones once a month right? I barely scrape enough for a 4* crystal, must be doing something wrong)