**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Another 1.2GB update

Rajrk91342Rajrk91342 Posts: 166
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
I updated this game on 1june and after that I saw this update too

I won't updating again.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit

Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    If you guys keep sending new 1.2GB update daily then I'm going to quit this game
  • Options

The updates do not add up bruh... Had that been the case the app would have been 10GB+ since every month update is 500MB+ and I am playing since 4 years, but it still shows just 1.9GB in my storage.

I have update this game 2 times in a month
  • Options

• Options
    Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    edited June 2021

The updates do not add up bruh... Had that been the case the app would have been 10GB+ since every month update is 500MB+ and I am playing since 4 years, but it still shows just 1.9GB in my storage.

Everyone did. Even me. Still it doesn't accumulate. Its not much of a deal unless you have a really slow internet connection/Limited internet.
  • Options
    RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    It's very annoying to be honest. My wifi runs slowly so these updates take up more than 20 minutes, not even taking into account how much space it claims, right now it's my biggest app with about 3.5GB data. Time to delete and reinstall next time it needs to be updated again.
  • Options

The real question is why do we need another update?

That's my question too
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★

Everyone did. Even me. Still it doesn't accumulate. Its not much of a deal unless you have a really slow internet connection/Limited internet.
    Limited amount of data flow is big problem in more countries than you’d think
  • Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★

My thoughts exactly, what is this additional update for?

As for the OP, unfortunately if you play a game that is constantly being worked on with new content and fixes, then regular updates are inevitable. The alternate is console gaming with what was known as a Cartridge or Compact Disc. lol
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★

As for the OP, unfortunately if you play a game that is constantly being worked on with new content and fixes, then regular updates are inevitable. The alternate is console gaming with what was known as a Cartridge or Compact Disc. lol
    In mcoc changelog thread (forums - news and announcements - mcoc changelog) it is called "AQ fix update"
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★

or, when I was a wee nipper, you bought the console and the games were built in and THAT WAS IT.

Binatone, if you want to Google it.
  • Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★

or, when I was a wee nipper, you bought the console and the games were built in and THAT WAS IT.

Binatone, if you want to Google it.
    My first was an Amstrad, where you loaded cassettes into the keyboard, waited what seemed like half an hour, then played what was then top of the range tech.

Them were the days :)
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    How much do you guys think the game updated in the past? It used to be done in the background and in small packets. This update is bigger than usual updates because it's an entire overhaul of the AQ interface with a much more detailed toolkit for alliance leaders, compared to usual updates which are eq map data and side quest map data and 2 new champions data.

And 1gb of update does NOT mean your game will now be 1gb bigger. The updates add things, remove things, modify things, rewrite things... But the instructons that need to be given in the update still take space...
  • Options
    No_oneuk said:

How much do you guys think the game updated in the past? It used to be done in the background and in small packets. This update is bigger than usual updates because it's an entire overhaul of the AQ interface with a much more detailed toolkit for alliance leaders, compared to usual updates which are eq map data and side quest map data and 2 new champions data.

And 1gb of update does NOT mean your game will now be 1gb bigger. The updates add things, remove things, modify things, rewrite things... But the instructons that need to be given in the update still take space...

I updated this game 2 times in 2 Days

1.2GB update in 2 days gap is not a joke

That's not PUBG or COD game that keep giving back to back update
  • Options
    tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★
    I don't see a problem with this. This game is data intensive. If u have data poverty, game is not meant for you.
  • Options
    This thread has been nonstructive since the first post and is being closed to avoid any further spiralling.
This discussion has been closed.