**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Abyss easy path done aegonless... And with only 2k units

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
Pretty long day today. Head is banging, grind was excruciating AF, so forgive me for a fairly non-colorful post. But I'd say the effort was pretty worth it in the end regardless. Whole reason I did it was because I had to choose between that, gauntlet and July 4th. Figured that I wouldn't be able to grind the remaining 2k units before July 4th (the new arena announcement came out when I was towards the end of the run, plus I've got exams soon too, so wanted to get something done then get into hardcore studying mode), and I definitely didn't wanna quake my way through gauntlet (I might still do a few paths later on tho). So decided to go for abyss. My goal was to get it done with 1k units left (to get July 4th first offer).

I am already thronebreaker, so was just doing abyss to dump the many potions and revives I had in overflow. This was my team:

I have to say, I am GLAD I ranked up sym supreme for this (and also had 4 points in MD). If you're not thronebreaker and are planning to do abyss for it, definitely rankup sym for it if you do have him. He's INSANE in here, although it took a lot of back-and-forth before I finally ranked him up. He was one of my least favourite champs, but abyss has taught me otherwise. Was gonna use my rank 2 6* longshot originally, but I'm glad I went with sym.
The spot taken by shehulk was one I had to debate over. Had a max Sig Void, a prof X, a Stealthy, etc that I could have been alternatives. But I'm glad I went with her in the end. Corvus is basically imperative for a relatively cheap aegonless easy path.

Now the run... Btw; Nick is Sig 1, sym is Sig 33, torch is Sig 40, shehulk is Sig 20 and corvus is Sig 1.

Starting items - about 40 revives total (6 are team revives that I ended up forgetting to use 🤦🏾‍♂️), 80 or so level 3 pots, about 36 level 4 pots, 23 level 5 pots. Exactly 3k units as well. Started without suicides.

Thing- solo with shehulk. I'll link the video that I used the strategy of in the thread. Was about 700+ hits 🥴. Had a lot of practice beforehand on him.

Omega- about 4 revives. Didn't quite practice this one with shehulk before the run. Started with her, then ended with Corvus and was able to get both the evade and mutant charge.

Quake- 3 revives. Nick Fury here.

Medusa- one revive with sym. Easy

Mephisto- solo with torch and prefight. 95 hits :D

CMM- fight is weird, and I'd recommend turning off MD for this so you can peacefully spam SP 1. Took 2 revives with sym.

Ghost- switched over to suicides and used Corvus for the whole fight. About 3-4 revives, and got the tech charge.

Infinity man- started with torch so I could get the prefight back. Died twice then ended with corvus for the avenger charge. 2 revives

Joe- this fight went pretty well with torch. I switched out of suicides and put on max petrify mastery and despair. 3 revives.

Mordo- nearly soloed with torch and prefight, but evade got me. One revive.

VtD- easy solo with sym. I advise turning on music for this fight cuz you would be throwing what feels like 80 SP 3's lol

Howard the duck- used shehulk here then switched to Nick at some point. Getting the spacing here is incredibly hard like the way swedeah does it. About 5 revives here. Plus I got double thunderquack 🤧.

Hyperion- sym supreme. Took 2 revives cuz he evaded and tagged me 😑.

The champion- wanted to try for a solo on him with shehulk, but his AI is terrible. Switched over to sym. 2 revives.

Cyclops- AKA mini revive-sink. Switched back to suicides and used Corvus. First few trials were me getting tagged a lot. Was about 10 revives here.

Loki - switched out of suicides and used torch here. One revive. Got the prefight back in the first trial, and used it in the second.

Aegon- this is the fight where sym really surprised me. Was fun as heck, and was a solo!

Invisible woman- not really sure what happened here, but I died on the first trial with Nick when she was still at like 98% LOL. Went in a second time with nick, and got her down to about 48% health. Used torch (
without prefight) to finish her off. Torch is so good for this fight tbh. One revive.

Cull- another sym solo :-D

Unit sink collector - final fight of the path... This is the point where I had to start buying revives with units, and I went full-on balls to the wall here, and turned on full suicides (a weird setup overall) with max boosts and a cosmic special boost. Used around 34 revives here. Was healing up at first, but found out that it was a complete waste to do so.

Thoughts- Corvus is pretty essential for an aegonless run as I stated above. Charges are easy to get before collector. Shehulk is probably the least necessary among those I brought in. She can be replaced by Void, Stealthy, etc. I brought her in so I could speed things up a bit. Torch's awakened ability is extremely useful ngl. Sym is absolutely the best mystic for easy path, and I would recommend at least 4/5 MD for him if you wanna solo the fights I did. Nick isn't the most essential either, but makes fights like quake, HtD (kinda), IW much more stress-free. Probably used up to 300 units on masteries alone.

Rewards- was too tired to take screenshots...
T5cc was tech. Literally the worst possible option (32 6*s, and only tech is AoU vision). About to form another one as well, so that'd make two useless tech t5cc. Fun times! Every other class except mutant would have been immediately useful.
Awakening gem was science. Might use it on spidergwen, idk.

As for the hero crystals. The 5* basic gave me a new Doom which I am very excited about. Been looking for him for a long time now, and I'm happy to finally have him. The 6*s were Kamala (Carina's challenge I guess), mephisto (might be useful for something in future), kingpin (very happy, although I already have an awakened 5* at rank 4), dragon man (very happy as well. I hear he's really fun) and finally... Venom! My most wanted 6* for a long time. Sad that I'm getting him now when the only variant left foee to explore is variant 1, but I'm still ecstatic about pulling him regardless. I also took up my p99 to rank 5 as no. 32 at that level and above!

All in all, I'm very happy with how everything went. Hope this post can help a few people.

Comments

• Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Awesome!
  • Options
    Few things I forgot to add-

- Healed up to full on all the torch fights and used intermediate boosts.
    - when doing fights with corvus and suicides, don't use any health boosts or champion boosts otherwise you'll lose health from the poison and eventually die. But I advise max boosts for the collector regardless.
    - Abyss HtD is very much doable with Nick. Could also be done with torch by blocking SP 2 since the bullets are energy damage.
    - my willpower mastery was maxed throughout the run, so I wouldn't need to change my defense setup when switching in and out of suicides.
    - abyss Hyperion seems to be a bit bugged. Was getting power gain buffs even when staggered at a few points. Not sure what's going on here... Don't have any proof unfortunately, but it's pretty dumb.
    - if you can fit in a power controller like Void for Cyclops, it really helps a lot.
    - take long breaks at intervals. It helps immensely.
    - against Joe fixit, you might need to fully heal torch each trial and eat some heavies until he switches into the healing poker stuff. SP 3 for the smoulders is quite necessary so your incinerates would be longer. Max despair is essential here, and torch cannot solo this fight like Void can.
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Congrats!
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Link to abyss Thing solo with shehulk:
    https://youtu.be/SpZHD4rQlf0
    Used Munash's abyss videos for all the torch fights. I forgot to add in the first post that I didn't have a mags to bring on the path either.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go ahead to sleep for an entire 2 days.

Congrats bro
    You don finally beat that annoying Nameless collector
    #Naija
  • Options
    Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Cop123Cop123 Posts: 129 ★★
    congrats
  • Options
    JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
    Awesome rewards, great post.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Got anything left for the gauntlet?
  • Options

Kill_Grey said:

Used Munash's abyss videos for all the torch fights. I forgot to add in the first post that I didn't have a mags to bring on the path either.

Congrats bro
    #Naija
    Omo, with the way the fight been dey go, e been dey look as if say I for finish all my units come tell one of my ogas make them cut soap for me so I go finally beat am :D. All of my guys just shock as I show them the rewards stuff. They been even dey suspect say na mod I use 😂
  • Options

Got anything left for the gauntlet?

Not much at all. I think I'll wait for it to reroll. Pretty sure I'd have at least a few more rank 3's by then. Wanna have as much more challenge rating and extra health as possible.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,208 ★★★★★
    Congratz Jo :)
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Congo. Doing abyss without aegon takes guts. Respect😉
  • Options

Congratz Jo :)

How'd ya figure my nickname tho? 👀
  • Options

That was the major reason I even jumped in. Wanted to prove that Aegon isn't an absolute necessity for the job, and neither is grinding 5k units. Took inspiration from @Eb0ny-O-M4w's post as well. Total revives used was probably about 70, which is approximately 2800 units worth. The ones I already had mostly came from solo events and last year's gifting.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

That was the major reason I even jumped in. Wanted to prove that Aegon isn't an absolute necessity for the job, and neither is grinding 5k units. Took inspiration from @Eb0ny-O-M4w's post as well. Total revives used was probably about 70, which is approximately 2800 units worth. The ones I already had mostly came from solo events and last year's gifting.
    Aegod makes abyss a joke. But yeah he is not absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Congratulations! I envy that 6* Venom ngl
  • Options

Kill_Grey said:

That was the major reason I even jumped in. Wanted to prove that Aegon isn't an absolute necessity for the job, and neither is grinding 5k units. Took inspiration from @ Eb0ny-O-M4w's post as well. Total revives used was probably about 70, which is approximately 2800 units worth. The ones I already had mostly came from solo events and last year's gifting.
    Aegod makes abyss a joke. But yeah he is not absolutely necessary.
    I guess so. But I might go ahead to explore aegonless since I have Doom now.
  • Options
    Kerneas said:

Congratulations! I envy that 6* Venom ngl

I just wish I got him anytime from before last month, and I'd have used him for variant 6. But that's done... As are all the others, so I think I'll rankup Angela before him
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Congrats bro
    #Naija
    Omo, with the way the fight been dey go, e been dey look as if say I for finish all my units come tell one of my ogas make them cut soap for me so I go finally beat am :D. All of my guys just shock as I show them the rewards stuff. They been even dey suspect say na mod I use 😂
    Lmao
    Before I will attempt that kind thing ehh...
    I will have 50 revives 200 pot's and 4k units
    Getting stranded there will be hard
    Post edited by Kabam Porthos on
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    @Kill_Grey Awesome work mate. You really did very fantastic job without Aegon.
  • Options

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Congrats bro
    #Naija
    Lmao
    Before I will attempt that kind thing ehh...
    I will have 50 revives 200 pot's and 4k units
    Getting stranded there will be hell
    You no go need that much with Aegon or Corvus sha :D
  • Options

@Kill_Grey Awesome work mate. You really did very fantastic job without Aegon.

Thanks bro. Wish I could have brought Guilly along :-(
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Congrats on getting it done, 2k units aegonless is pretty incredible.
  • Options
    King363672King363672 Posts: 403 ★★★

• Options

:D
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I also forgot to mention the points I boosted up. Used medium boosts on all the torch and sym supreme fights.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Gj G2099 man now go hit the books and GL
  • Options

Gj G2099 man now go hit the books and GL

I definitely will!