**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How To Be Fantastic - Guide

DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
MISTER FANTASTIC GUIDE - How To Be “Fantastic”

I hope this is useful for one or two people out there. I love Mister Fantastic and so I was asked to write something up as a sort of guide to his abilities and how I’ve been effective with him. Please share anything I’ve glanced over and forgotten. He’s a pretty simple champ to use. I based the numbers below on a 6 Star, Rank 3 Mister Fantastic.

Highlighted Abilities & Benefits

Pre/Cross Fight

Mister Fantastic is a super solid option to be on your team. He provides major assists to everyone on your team especially with his Pre/Cross Fight ability; not to mention his synergies. Everyone on the team (and even Alliance wise) can use his Pre/Cross Fight ability.

Debuffs

Petrify - Reduces Regeneration and Power Gain effects by 40%. Reverse healing so good!

Suppress - Decreases opponent’s Defensive Power Rate by 25%. Get a few stacks and it’s an essential power lock!

Siphon - Increases the potency of Damage over Time Debuffs on the opponent by 25%, and reduces the potency of those effects on teammates by the same amount. This does not affect abilities that trigger at the start of the fight. The name of the game is DAMAGE!

He is similar to Void in that he can access major damage with debuffs. His attack is increased based on how many debuffs are applied to the opponent; His Case Studies count as 3 debuffs each per case study and when applied to the opponent, count as the Cross-Fight ability.

Underrated Abilities

Evade
You can have 100% evade chance if you stack a lot of debuffs; 5% per debuff. The best thing about is that the evade kicks in even if you’re blocking … even against Unblockable attacks.

Nullify

YES HE CAN NULLIFY! His SP1 puts a 9 second Stagger on the opponent that instantly nullifies any subsequent buffs that are triggered within those 9 seconds. Fun against Juggernaut when timed right to eliminate his Unstoppable.

Damage Reduction
If you run Inequity and Resonate*, you can get some massive damage reduction due to the existing damage reduction off of the SP1.

How I Play

When you use Mister Fantastic, you’ll want to keep up your debuffs as often as possible. Always keep in mind to knock the opponent down to keep your debuffs. What works for me is the Parry, Heavy style but since you only have to knock the opponent down to refresh the debuff cycle, you can play him in a number of ways even against Stun Immunity.

Especially considering his Sig Ability adds a noticeable boost to his Combat Power Rate, you can cycle to SP1 and SP2 rather consistently to keep the debuffs up.

The goal is to cycle his SP2 in order to stack debuffs 3 times. Once you do this, build to an SP3 to get Fury and the maximum damage output that comes per debuff. If you can’t do this, no worries … usually doubling up on his SP2 to make copies of his debuffs is usually enough to end most fights. Just watch the debuff timer and don’t let it expire. Your SP2 is your backup if they do expire though because SP2 brings back any selected debuffs from your pre-fight that expired.

Who to Avoid?

Debuff shruggers and those Debuff Immune nodes

Powerful Synergies

Bee Sting (for any Tech or Science mate on your team)

She Hulk, Doctor Octopus, Sentry, Vulture - Gives a 60% of attack rating damage power sting to the opponent per debuff (up to 3 stings; can be used multiple times during the fight as long as debuffs are applied; includes parry … and they are indefinite meaning once applied they don’t expire until used so it’s guaranteed additional damage whenever special attack thrown)

Faux Void
All Fantastic Four - Turns Mister Fantastic into Void whereas each unique debuff applies damage (4% of Mister Fantastic’s attack rating).

Power and Life Beyond
All Fantastic Four - Gain 60% of a bar of power at fight start; If below 20% health at start of fight, heal 10% health instead.

Fantastic Four Indies (if synergized alone)
Invisible Woman - Gives 25% debuff duration
Human Torch - Last hit of SP1 incinerates for 6 seconds
Thing - Last hit of SP2 gives Fury and boosts attack 15% (very useful)

*Masteries Benefit

Inequity - Reduces attack per debuff up to 36%
Resonate - Reduces attack 13% and gives Weakness debuff.

Couple these masteries plus the SP1 Taunt which reduces attack by 40% (for 9 seconds) and you have a solid amount of damage reduction as mentioned above.

Special Output
SP1 - Really good Taunt and Stagger for 9 seconds
SP2 - Makes a copy of existing debuffs (up to 3 stacks)
SP3 - Massive Fury increases attack rating by 889.5 per debuff

An Unblockable Key
Go into a fight without selecting any of your pre-fight debuffs and your special attacks will be Unblockable!! Risky to give up debuff damage but fun to use every now and then.

Well ... that's all folks. Pretty simple but I'm here to answer any questions and I hope this wasn't too disappointing @Kill_Grey lol
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Best way to be Fantastic is to pick a better top tier champion 💯
    Nice guide!!! This can be helpful to anyone who wants to learn MF.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    I’m already fantastic-oh this is a champion guide

nice write up
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I really want to learn Fantastic as he pairs amazingly well with Mr Negative. Nice guide!

I’m really hoping to pull Fantastic as a 6* so I don’t have to invest in the 5*
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★

An excellent guide, but that title led me to believe that you'd teach me how to become the life of any party I'm invited to.

LOL I'm working on it mate ... you'll be the bees knees afterwards hahaha

I really want to learn Fantastic as he pairs amazingly well with Mr Negative. Nice guide!

and me hoping for a 6* Mr. Negative lol
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★

and me hoping for a 6* Mr. Negative lol
    And me hoping for the both of them
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★

How so?
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    I usually Parry/Heavy and use Special 2,in shorter fights it does wonders
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    He is an underappreciated champ.
    I jus love him and will take him to rank 5 after my Quake.
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    Loved your guide

Loved your guide

wow thanks .. as well as everyone else chiming in. first one i've ever tried to do lol
  • UnitmanUnitman Posts: 235 ★★
    Can you use his pre fights with cav eq to make anybody viable? Is that even a thing
    Unitman said:

Can you use his pre fights with cav eq to make anybody viable? Is that even a thing

You can use his pre fight on anyone in your team and that champion will have usage of those 3 debuffs yes.
    edited June 2021
    Unitman said:

Yes you can apply the prefight too other Champions, but its better to use them on Mr Fantastic imo for 2 reasons

1. Only MF gets the damage boost from them
    2. Only MF can re apply them with the Second attack (in case they run off) and stack them

Other champions can refresh the debuffs by knocking down the Opponet but if they run off on other champions they are gone

Unitman said:

Yes you can apply the prefight too other Champions, but its better to use them on Mr Fantastic imo for 2 reasons

2. Only MF can re apply them with the Second attack (in case they run off) and stack them

Other champions can refresh the debuffs by knocking down the Opponet but if they run off on other champions they are gone
    yeah i only use 'em on other champs when I've stacked Mister Fantastic's max at 9 so plenty to spare lol

Unitman said:

yeah i only use 'em on other champs when I've stacked Mister Fantastic's max at 9 so plenty to spare lol
    Yeah I do the same occasionally
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Nice guide. Now I wish I got a science t5cc from abyss :(
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    Unitman said:

It’s a nice boost to void or night thrasher, for example, for extra de buffs. Or to petrify certain champs.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

How so?
    If you apply 2 pre fights for Mr negative he gets permanent 80% degen resistance since he has a great parry heavy playstyle, so it’s easy to refresh.
    @DeaconVelvet do you think I should Sig mine up? I've got a decent amount of stones.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★

I hope this is useful for one or two people out there. I love Mister Fantastic and so I was asked to write something up as a sort of guide to his abilities and how I’ve been effective with him. Please share anything I’ve glanced over and forgotten. He’s a pretty simple champ to use. I based the numbers below on a 6 Star, Rank 3 Mister Fantastic.

Pre/Cross Fight

Mister Fantastic is a super solid option to be on your team. He provides major assists to everyone on your team especially with his Pre/Cross Fight ability; not to mention his synergies. Everyone on the team (and even Alliance wise) can use his Pre/Cross Fight ability.

Debuffs

Petrify - Reduces Regeneration and Power Gain effects by 40%. Reverse healing so good!

Suppress - Decreases opponent’s Defensive Power Rate by 25%. Get a few stacks and it’s an essential power lock!

Siphon - Increases the potency of Damage over Time Debuffs on the opponent by 25%, and reduces the potency of those effects on teammates by the same amount. This does not affect abilities that trigger at the start of the fight. The name of the game is DAMAGE!

He is similar to Void in that he can access major damage with debuffs. His attack is increased based on how many debuffs are applied to the opponent; His Case Studies count as 3 debuffs each per case study and when applied to the opponent, count as the Cross-Fight ability.

Underrated Abilities

Evade
    You can have 100% evade chance if you stack a lot of debuffs; 5% per debuff. The best thing about is that the evade kicks in even if you’re blocking … even against Unblockable attacks.

Nullify

YES HE CAN NULLIFY! His SP1 puts a 9 second Stagger on the opponent that instantly nullifies any subsequent buffs that are triggered within those 9 seconds. Fun against Juggernaut when timed right to eliminate his Unstoppable.

Damage Reduction
    If you run Inequity and Resonate*, you can get some massive damage reduction due to the existing damage reduction off of the SP1.

How I Play

When you use Mister Fantastic, you’ll want to keep up your debuffs as often as possible. Always keep in mind to knock the opponent down to keep your debuffs. What works for me is the Parry, Heavy style but since you only have to knock the opponent down to refresh the debuff cycle, you can play him in a number of ways even against Stun Immunity.

Especially considering his Sig Ability adds a noticeable boost to his Combat Power Rate, you can cycle to SP1 and SP2 rather consistently to keep the debuffs up.

The goal is to cycle his SP2 in order to stack debuffs 3 times. Once you do this, build to an SP3 to get Fury and the maximum damage output that comes per debuff. If you can’t do this, no worries … usually doubling up on his SP2 to make copies of his debuffs is usually enough to end most fights. Just watch the debuff timer and don’t let it expire. Your SP2 is your backup if they do expire though because SP2 brings back any selected debuffs from your pre-fight that expired.

Who to Avoid?

Powerful Synergies

She Hulk, Doctor Octopus, Sentry, Vulture - Gives a 60% of attack rating damage power sting to the opponent per debuff (up to 3 stings; can be used multiple times during the fight as long as debuffs are applied; includes parry … and they are indefinite meaning once applied they don’t expire until used so it’s guaranteed additional damage whenever special attack thrown)

Faux Void
    All Fantastic Four - Turns Mister Fantastic into Void whereas each unique debuff applies damage (4% of Mister Fantastic’s attack rating).

Power and Life Beyond
    All Fantastic Four - Gain 60% of a bar of power at fight start; If below 20% health at start of fight, heal 10% health instead.

*Masteries Benefit

Couple these masteries plus the SP1 Taunt which reduces attack by 40% (for 9 seconds) and you have a solid amount of damage reduction as mentioned above.

Special Output

An Unblockable Key
    Go into a fight without selecting any of your pre-fight debuffs and your special attacks will be Unblockable!! Risky to give up debuff damage but fun to use every now and then.

Well ... that's all folks. Pretty simple but I'm here to answer any questions and I hope this wasn't too disappointing @Kill_Grey lol

Hate you to convince me to r2 my 6 star over void.
    Nice work mate. Keep it up
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

Pre/Cross Fight

Debuffs

Underrated Abilities

Evade

Nullify

Damage Reduction

How I Play

Who to Avoid?

Powerful Synergies

Faux Void

Power and Life Beyond

*Masteries Benefit

Special Output

An Unblockable Key

This is helpful—I think I’d like the dupe before I R3 my MrF, but he would pair nicely with Doom, Torch and a number of my stalwarts.

Great job!

Dr. Zola
    Who keeps tagging me lol
    Kill_Grey said:

@DeaconVelvet do you think I should Sig mine up? I've got a decent amount of stones.

It's nice but not necessary for him ... because you'll more than likely not always have both careful studies ... each one gives you a boost whatever your sig is in combat power rate. if you play him right though, you'll have such a reduction to the defenders defensive power rate it won't matter lol
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    I love my 5* Mr F. Don’t have him totally ranked up yet, but after CapIW, he will most likely go up next.