**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Which variant to try?

I've just finished Act 5 ( not explored yet) and I'm looking for some other content to try out. I've never done variant other than a quick try then bailed out. But I've got a decent roster and I'm keen to have a good crack at it. Which variant would you recommend I start out on? I'll try and put up screenshots of my champs

Comments

• DanthexmanDanthexman Posts: 197

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,756 ★★★★★
    Are you Cavalier yet?

Are you Cavalier yet?

No. Uncollected. Just finished Act 5. On Act 6 now
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,749 ★★★★★
    You could check out Waning Moon. I think it's a good starting Variant (it was my first) since you can make use of your entire roster of champions. In the first chapter, you have to use your 5 and 6*s, in the second your 5*s, in the third your 4*s, and on and on down to 1*s in the last one. Even if you don't have the 6* roster to explore a certain chapter yet, you might still have the champs to go down one of the lanes and beat the boss. If you do, you can go on to the next quest and see if you can tackle that. As you progress, you end up with more and more alternatives (assuming you, like me, have way more 2-4*s ranked up than 5-6*s).

Make no mistake - it's still a difficult piece of content and it can be really frustrating. Especially the last chapter. However, I really enjoyed being able to use my entire roster for a piece of content for once. It's quite rare.

As for the other Variants, I'll just leave you with some general advice to allow you to check if you have decent champs to tackle them. I'll focus on the last three since they have the best rewards.

Blood and Venom: Mystic champions, Spider-Heroes, Symbiotes.
    Contamination: Villains of any classes.
    Arachnid Action: Heroes of different classes.

I would focus on ranking up Venom (or seeing if you're able to tackle the Variants with him as-is) since he's useful for a bunch of different Variants. He's an XL champ, so he'll work in the Micro-Realms one; he's a Symbiote, so he works in Blood and Venom; and lastly, he's a Villain, so he's among the absolute best for Contamination.

Red Magneto is also a Villain who is really good for at least certain paths in Contamination, so that could maybe be a good starting point. It's also one of those "best rewards yet" Variants, which is a plus.

Hope this helps! I love Variant content, it's so much fun and allows you to build your roster so much from all of the resources you gain from them.
    Thanks mate! Really appreciate that feedback!
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,756 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

Are you Cavalier yet?

I just obtained Cavalier end May. Your roster is at least three times or more power compared with mine (I don't even have a 5-Star max rank).

So, I think you should just go get Cavalier first.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    You got Venom And Apocalypse, you can Solo most of the Variants with them alone...

Also Venom the Duck Dominates V2 (for me he also cheesed V4 Chapter One Bosses as well V5 and V6), and you've got Mephisto which is One of like Three Coldsnap Immune Options in Two or Three of the Restrictive Variants.
  • YoungDaq.YoungDaq. Posts: 43
    I'd say from level of difficulty and experience, Variant 7 and Variant 4 are some of the easiest for me

Are you Cavalier yet?

I just obtained Cavalier end May. Your roster is at least three times or more power compared with mine (I don't even have a 5-Star max rank).

So, I think you should just go get Cavalier first.
    Oh wow, really? I stopped doing story for ages straight after I got UC and knocked out the rest of act 5 in about a week. So, yeah, I'm thinking you're right. I might just keep on going with it. Thanks mate!
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    Agreed, get cavalier.
  • mort_07mort_07 Posts: 475
    Make this. Is better as Variant.