**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Trade items between users

2»

Comments

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Maybe you can short sell your account?
    Straight up a little rapid growth right now with the coming of the 6 stars is what's needed. And as far as buying and selling accounts? Don't understand what's really to be gained by doing that. Every item in this game has a corresponding real worpd dollar value and a good profile represents a huge investment in time, effort and sometimes money. Why shouldn't someone walking away realize a small return? And the profile of someone willing to buy an account to leap ahead is an indication of a potental whale if they are willing to risk giving real money to a stranger i.am.pretty sure at some point they will want to give some of it to kabam. Those using purchased accounts to cheat would and could, i am sure, somehow be it enticed and caught...but a little infusion of reasorces to stimulate growth is good for any economy even a pretend one based on units....
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Dude just stop, this is a completely idiotic idea that will never happen as it would destroy the game and kill it instantly pretty much.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    This is a terrible idea and anyone in favor of it is obviously well aware of how to take advantage of it and abuse it for personal gain. I'm rarely amazed of the threads I see where players try to find a means to have to play less to earn certain items/resources
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Annoying when people flag normal posts.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    I say trade items instead of useing unit to buy a revive to give to an ally. Doesn't make sense to spends units when i already have extra recives in my inventory and im sure i can find someone on reddit and buy items off them already.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    mikeiam wrote: »
    You should include the opportunity to summoners to trade items with other users with the same value, for example trade an awakenig gem 5* class for another.

Thats a terrible idea. Fake accounts would be made faster than Superman. Remember MWOH....
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    From another thread on this, yet more reasons why this wouldnt work:

The problem the community has with trading is that it unnecessarily removes value from one of the biggest parts of the game which is collecting champions. The exploitation most of the community is worried about is people trading specific champions around an alliance or with friends like if one person has a 5* 4/55 starlord that starlord could be passed around an entire alliance being used by all members to complete LOL. If there is a really tricky power gain champ in a monthly quest a 5* psylocke or voodoo would be traded back and forth. Even if there was a limit to trading per month there comes the problem of people running 2 accounts gaining an unfair advantage, people selling champions to someone else, they don't allow selling accounts so why would they add a mechanic that would lead to people selling champions and there would still be possibilities of exploitation. No matter how well your idea may seem at its base the concept is flawed so I don't think anyone will really come up with a sell trade ideas that don't also come with a plethora of problems. At the end of the day trading champs will cause kabam to lose money and it isn't an important addition to the game so they will never add it.
  • KyrkantKyrkant Posts: 92
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    I played for what I have. It's all about luck.
    It doesn't matter if you have luck or not, a trade system would kill the game

Agree ...
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    From another thread on this, yet more reasons why this wouldnt work:

The problem the community has with trading is that it unnecessarily removes value from one of the biggest parts of the game which is collecting champions. The exploitation most of the community is worried about is people trading specific champions around an alliance or with friends like if one person has a 5* 4/55 starlord that starlord could be passed around an entire alliance being used by all members to complete LOL. If there is a really tricky power gain champ in a monthly quest a 5* psylocke or voodoo would be traded back and forth. Even if there was a limit to trading per month there comes the problem of people running 2 accounts gaining an unfair advantage, people selling champions to someone else, they don't allow selling accounts so why would they add a mechanic that would lead to people selling champions and there would still be possibilities of exploitation. No matter how well your idea may seem at its base the concept is flawed so I don't think anyone will really come up with a sell trade ideas that don't also come with a plethora of problems. At the end of the day trading champs will cause kabam to lose money and it isn't an important addition to the game so they will never add it.
    This is the best response to this idiotic idea. I have t4cc right now that I'll probably have to let expire but I no way would I want the ability to trade them evennto an alliance mate. The potential for abuse is just too high for kabam to even consider this. FYI most people probably for got that we used to be able to gift crystals but in less than 2 weeks someone found a way to exploit and abuse the process so kabam took it out of the game except for the crystals used during the gifting event they've ran the past 2 holiday seasons.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Sometimes I wish I could trade items, but the reality is, that I know it would break the game's economy... and I don't mean Kabam's. I mean the currency on which the game operates, shards, units etc etc.

As much as many might not like their luck, you are at least rewarded with opportunity for your effort in this game. The more you put in, the more opportunities AND rewards you get.

It is hard to trade a champ like for like.

I can for a moment see merit in being able to trade "like" items e.g. 5* science awakening gem for a mystic.

The problem is, that this game does not exist in a vacuum. The real world economy could easily take over the trading system. For example, I trade a science for a mystic gem, but the other player says, yeah, I'll trade but only if you throw in $50.. here is my PayPal email address. If you have significant disposable income, but don't want to put in the effort for the rewards, you can easily buy whatever you want. At the moment, you are limited by what Kabam offers, the trading system just creates a free market for buying anything.
  • BomberManBomberMan Posts: 58
    I’ve been in games which allow trading. It gets exploited for sure. More dummy acts get created to funnel items to a main acct for starters. Secondly, it can be exploited in another way. Let’s say UCSB only trade with ally members or friends. (Very common). Person A and Person B are friends with Person C but not with each other. They use Person C as the middle man to trade. Person C gets the items from both people and keeps them. What do you do? Kabam won’t intervene. Person C gets the items and although he gets labeled as a scammer he will undoubtedly be able to do it again eventually. The community is too big to notify everyone. I’ve seen this unfold in other games. It’s not all it’s cracked up to be.
    It really is too funny...the serious players. With all the grinding done at all levels I would say we are all "serious" players. But I don't define myself by my virtual achievements and victories. Some of you take it so serious that you are one of the reasons it isn't fun for many of the rest of us...
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    Rap wrote: »
    It really is too funny...the serious players. With all the grinding done at all levels I would say we are all "serious" players. But I don't define myself by my virtual achievements and victories. Some of you take it so serious that you are one of the reasons it isn't fun for many of the rest of us...

So other peoples attitude to the game (people you dont know, never will and will never meet) and the words they use for themselves, makes the game less fun for you??? How does that work then?

Admit it, you backed a stupid idea and cant deal with the fact that everyone else can see that but you cant
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Rap wrote: »
    Rule # 42: When someones thoughts or opinions differ from your own push fault and blame towards them for any suffering or enjoyment you may be lacking.

Rule # 73: While debating a video game on forums be sure to give some type of mentioning that others take it to serious and you don't. But tread lightly, as you are choosing to debate a video game on a gaming forum and some may turn that around on you.
  • CosmicZenCosmicZen Posts: 54
    This would be against the core principal of RNG and luck. However this could be something similar to what D2 developed and be useful. However they tried to exploit it in D3 with a marketplace which inevitably sucked the fun out of the game. Id say no based on the number of tickets complaining about trade issues alone.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    CosmicZen wrote: »
    This would be against the core principal of RNG and luck. However this could be something similar to what D2 developed and be useful. However they tried to exploit it in D3 with a marketplace which inevitably sucked the fun out of the game. Id say no based on the number of tickets complaining about trade issues alone.

diablo 3 is a perfect example of why they shut dowm auction house. IT was flawed and abused to oblivion. people thought it was a good idea then people began to abuse it.

literally go look up most expensive thing sold ever in diablo 3. That wepon is now worthless.
    No one suggested an auction house. And if you can't trust and trade with the 29 guys you call "family" that is pretty sad!
    As for diablo it was hacking in my opinion that killed it. Might kill this game.
    And democracy failed a number of times...good thing tommy and his crew hadn't given up on the idea by 1776!
    Where is the evidence that trade between players will destroy mcoc? That is a question I get...let me turn that around on you..
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    There is no need for evidence. Every players plays for what they have, and that is fair enough
    Wow that never flies for me? How does that work? I get "where is your data?"
    " There is no need for evidence!" Mind if I steal it?
    You see I am of the opinion that anyone trying to advance deeper into this game is a "serious" player. Tired of this attitude that if you are unwilling to LIVE in this game you are not a serious player...it is an arrogant attitude. If you have 5 2 stars and are working to get more...you are a serious player...
    And you can look at my profile and see if I am serious or not ! Serious as a heart attack!
  • This suggestion has been brought up multiple times, and this thread is getting into non-constructive and personal attack territory. For this reason, I'm shutting it down. Please remember to keep suggestions constructive, and don't attack others for sharing their opinions constructively.
This discussion has been closed.