**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A Gambit twist to make him better

Junos_79Junos_79 Posts: 253
edited June 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I think Gambit will benefit a lot if he is given a similar attack to Doctor Doom with his 5th hit as a heavy attack option. To do this, when Gambit begins his combo the defender can take a mild concussion which will be the timer to use to switch on the 5th attack to heavy. This will give him value to be used more often. I know he already got a buff and I’m not asking for a complete redo. I personally think he is fine as he is. With this simple addition people will be able to use him more.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    No
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Junos_79 said:

I think Gambit will benefit a lot if he is given a similar attack to Doctor Doom with his 5th hit as a heavy attack option. To do this, when Gambit begins his combo the defender can take a mild concussion which will be the timer to use to switch on the 5th attack to heavy. This will give him value to be used more often. I know he already got a buff and I’m not asking for a complete redo. I personally think he is fine as he is. With this simple addition people will be able to use him more.

He really doesn't need it.
  • Options
    Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    No thank you
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    No is the answer
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    This would not even help him
  • Options
    Interesting. I thought people would support it. You guys think it’s best for him to find a window to turn his kinetic charges instead of having a similar mechanic like Dr. Doom that will allow us to switch those charges into prowess?
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Junos_79 said:

Interesting. I thought people would support it. You guys think it’s best for him to find a window to turn his kinetic charges instead of having a similar mechanic like Dr. Doom that will allow us to switch those charges into prowess?

It's useless.
    Normal way: Get 10 chargs, parry heavy sp2/sp1
    Buffed way: Get 10 charges, do 5 combo and heavy prowess into sp2/sp1
    Pretty much the same
  • Options
    I don’t think is the same. I don’t think that 5 hits are equal to a one hit heavy. Also stun + heavy attack and instantly special attack won’t assure the special will hit. If he gets a synergy where his specials are unblockable then yes but not as he is.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Junos_79 said:

I don’t think is the same. I don’t think that 5 hits are equal to a one hit heavy. Also stun + heavy attack and instantly special attack won’t assure the special will hit. If he gets a synergy where his specials are unblockable then yes but not as he is.

Unless there's a limber node or something that reduces debuff duration in quest content, you'll always be able to get a parry heavy into special off.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Junos_79 said:

I’m not sure you’ve played gambit since he’s been buffed. He’s awesome and even though more damage on any champion would be nice he definitely doesn’t need it. What you suggest in regards to his heavy is useless. When you use a special on gambit you want the opponent to be stunned so that you can charge your heavy AND because the stun is paused so you can attack in afterwards. Doing a heavy at the end of the combo would negate that second effect which I see as the most important part. If you don’t feel like gambit has good damage go make him a horseman and have fun.
  • Options
    Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    Junos_79 said:

If u parry heavy into special it can't miss cos the parry will be paused during the special animation. Unless it's on limber, it'll surely hit.
    Wags can even compensate for the limber
  • Options
    I have used him and rank up my 6s. On my first post I said he is fine as he is. Just thought that it would had been smoother to do a combo + special attack similar to Doom than finding a window or go the slower way of switching his charges to prowess and the activate specials. But hey, i just confirmed that this will be worse for him for some reason so I guess I’m wrong.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,208 ★★★★★
    You leave my r3 gambit alone!!!! You hear me
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    You’re all converting your kinetic charges? I just leave them as is and take my time with that lovely 100% perfect block.