**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How much units I would need to clear entire GrandMaster’s Gauntlet?

MaxLeeMaxLee Posts: 205 ★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
To summarize how many units, I spend on recent/tough content which I cleared

Abyss path 1 - 5720 units
Abyss path 2 - 7000 units
Abyss path 3 - 5760 units
Abyss path 5 - 10800 units
Abyss path 4 - pending to clear
Act 7.2 completion – approx.- 1300 units, around 800 on GwenMaster, got stuck on Tech & second round Mutant phase.
Above is mainly taking revive spends, I used my Revive stash also which I convert into units and considered above as well.

I am not a great skilled player as you can see from my above unit spend details. I consider myself an average player, where ever there is too much skill required I get stuck a little bit.

I want to understand if I should go for GrandMaster’s Gauntlet or Abyss path 4 -100% now or/ and also to plan units saving for future when it comes again. I would really appreciate your honest feedback.

How much units I would need to clear entire GrandMaster’s Gauntlet? 27 votes

Around 5,000 Units
48%
Simbalakapseudosanembrace_Sham_MUSTAFAKİNGWOLFThekiller8967Param1988DawsManKobikobsTheBair123ScrubhanVarad18sherin_66 13 votes
Between 6,000 to 8,000 Units
18%
yossHeattblasttDjmagsDarkKnight646Cap45 5 votes
Between 9,000 to 12,000 Units
14%
SighsohardSpeedbumpRockyshockySantiagoEhsaan 4 votes
Between 13,000 to 16,000 Units
18%
xNigLvernon15GhostboytjieThorkiAJ007 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    Around 5,000 Units
    It depends on your roster. If you can quake, and have a few big damage dealers, should be less than an abyss path. If you are a mug like me without a quake, you're looking at some champs like Apoc, Prof X, Ghulk, Void, Doom. It sounds like you aren't too great of a player (sorry, that is completely fine just need it for my point!) which can be hard cuz they have some crazy node combos.

To give an accurate estimate I would need to see stash and champs. With the ideal champions and a half decent stash, you're probably looking at an Odin or so. On the more expensive side you are probably looking at close to 7k units.

The thing is, unitman can really take out this challenge because you can always fit in a few combos. The real problem for you is going to be Sasquatch. Unitman can't take him. Even skill can't take him, you need high damage dealers, heal blockers, ability accuracy reductors, or ramp up champs. Some counters are Apoc with all debuffs up and maxed despair to stop that healing. His 80% aar once you throw an sp3 is also helpful. Prof X, he can hit hitherto unheard of numbers so if you stay alive and keep your prowess's refreshed he can do it. Torch can do it. Void can do it (imma use void.).

Good luck dude. I would definitely go GMG over abyss. Really nice rewards in abyss, but similar guaranteed value for cheaper in GMG. Also GMG is for a limited time, abyss is forever.
  • Options
    DawsMan said:

It depends on your roster. If you can quake, and have a few big damage dealers, should be less than an abyss path. If you are a mug like me without a quake, you're looking at some champs like Apoc, Prof X, Ghulk, Void, Doom. It sounds like you aren't too great of a player (sorry, that is completely fine just need it for my point!) which can be hard cuz they have some crazy node combos.

To give an accurate estimate I would need to see stash and champs. With the ideal champions and a half decent stash, you're probably looking at an Odin or so. On the more expensive side you are probably looking at close to 7k units.

The thing is, unitman can really take out this challenge because you can always fit in a few combos. The real problem for you is going to be Sasquatch. Unitman can't take him. Even skill can't take him, you need high damage dealers, heal blockers, ability accuracy reductors, or ramp up champs. Some counters are Apoc with all debuffs up and maxed despair to stop that healing. His 80% aar once you throw an sp3 is also helpful. Prof X, he can hit hitherto unheard of numbers so if you stay alive and keep your prowess's refreshed he can do it. Torch can do it. Void can do it (imma use void.).

Good luck dude. I would definitely go GMG over abyss. Really nice rewards in abyss, but similar guaranteed value for cheaper in GMG. Also GMG is for a limited time, abyss is forever.

Thanks for the advice @DawsMan ..I have a well-developed roster with all the OP champs except the ones released this year as R5 5* or R2 6* but I have Ghulk as R1 6* only. I also have as R3 6*- Sunspot, Ghost, SS, BWDO, Warlock(unduped), Ghost(unduped) & CGR.

I was planning to use the below team for GMG.
    - AA 5* R5
    - Namor 5* R5
    - Doom 5* R5
    - NickF 5* R5
    - Warlock 6* R3

Is this a good team?
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Between 13,000 to 16,000 Units
    Team’s pretty decent but you might get stuck at Korg since you’re going to have to ML a lot using Namor, and you’ve to be able to dex his sp1, else it’ll just go downhill as the fight proceeds.

Since you’re not adverse to spending units and items, besides Sassy (which you have AA Warlock as counters for), you’ll be able to unitman down most of the fights.

All the best.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★

No units if yoy just farm revives and pots. If you really wanna do it, just farm revives for free for 3 weeks then do gauntlet.

@udyedagain how can u farm for 3weeks when the stasg only holds revives for like 13 or 14 days?
  • Options
    Around 5,000 Units
    MaxLee said:

DawsMan said:

Thanks for the advice @DawsMan ..I have a well-developed roster with all the OP champs except the ones released this year as R5 5* or R2 6* but I have Ghulk as R1 6* only. I also have as R3 6*- Sunspot, Ghost, SS, BWDO, Warlock(unduped), Ghost(unduped) & CGR.

- AA 5* R5
    - Namor 5* R5
    - Doom 5* R5
    - NickF 5* R5
    - Warlock 6* R3

Is this a good team?
    Yes. It looks like a well balanced team. Here's what I'm imagining your run will go...

Doom: Warlock + AA

Terrax: Namor

Vision: Doom

Modok: NF

Spiderham: NF

Weapon X: AA

Thing: Slow fight with NF

Korg: Namor and maybe some revives

Dragon Man: Doom if you can stagger those powergains in time, or stunt it with Warlock

Black Panther CW: AA can do it, NF unblockable might work well, all your champs can do this fight I think

Nightcrawler: NF, especially if you are the real NF it will be a piece of cake

Spider Gwen: NF

Domino: Someone with big specials. Warlock or NF.

Mojo: AA. Make sure to kill this guy FAST. If you revive too many times he is going to gain charges, place haters on
    you as soon as you enter, and pretty well wipe you out. If you boost for any fight, make it this one. AA tends to work
    well especially with that ability accuracy reduction. If that doesn't work Nick Fury unblockable might. If he gets to five
    charges, just bring in Namor and attack into him while you have degen up.

Ibom: Warlock, AA can melt him pretty good

Apoc: Pretty straight forward fight, Probably bring in warlock, doom. Namor can do well especially once apoc has that bleed immunity. See who you do better with

Sasquatch: I would work him down with NF just so you can hit into block and whatever else. Once he procs regen, quit out of the fight and bring AA. His neuros will do good damage and counter the regen. Warlock is also a beast here

Killmonger: AA is the play, Namor is also great

Void: Nick fury to get those hits in to purify the debuffs. You may want to boost big and try to cycle special 3 with
    Doom, idk if that will work tho. It is going to be annoying

Nick Fury: Archangel will work here, you don't want to use warlock because of Lionheart. That last stage you sorta wanna hit into his block till he gets to 30%. Gotta be careful blocking special ones because of kinetic transference.

Nameless Thanos: It's nameless thanos, Namor does really well here because he has class advantage (due to avenger tag) and can attack in incase you put a potent bleed on yourself. Learn the phases and play them well, be able to intercept.

Good luck!
  • Options
    DawsMan said:

MaxLee said:

DawsMan said:

- AA 5* R5
    - Namor 5* R5
    - Doom 5* R5
    - NickF 5* R5
    - Warlock 6* R3

Is this a good team?
    Yes. It looks like a well balanced team. Here's what I'm imagining your run will go...

Dragon Man: Doom if you can stagger those powergains in time, or stunt it with Warlock

Black Panther CW: AA can do it, NF unblockable might work well, all your champs can do this fight I think

Mojo: AA. Make sure to kill this guy FAST. If you revive too many times he is going to gain charges, place haters on
    you as soon as you enter, and pretty well wipe you out. If you boost for any fight, make it this one. AA tends to work
    well especially with that ability accuracy reduction. If that doesn't work Nick Fury unblockable might. If he gets to five

Apoc: Pretty straight forward fight, Probably bring in warlock, doom. Namor can do well especially once apoc has that bleed immunity. See who you do better with

Sasquatch: I would work him down with NF just so you can hit into block and whatever else. Once he procs regen, quit out of the fight and bring AA. His neuros will do good damage and counter the regen. Warlock is also a beast here

Void: Nick fury to get those hits in to purify the debuffs. You may want to boost big and try to cycle special 3 with

Nick Fury: Archangel will work here, you don't want to use warlock because of Lionheart. That last stage you sorta wanna hit into his block till he gets to 30%. Gotta be careful blocking special ones because of kinetic transference.

Nameless Thanos: It's nameless thanos, Namor does really well here because he has class advantage (due to avenger tag) and can attack in incase you put a potent bleed on yourself. Learn the phases and play them well, be able to intercept.

Good luck!
    Wow.. Awesome man .. THANKS A LOT for the detailed guide :smiley::blush::love:@DawsMan
  • Options
    Around 5,000 Units
    MaxLee said:

DawsMan said:

MaxLee said:

DawsMan said:

- AA 5* R5
    - Namor 5* R5
    - Doom 5* R5
    - NickF 5* R5
    - Warlock 6* R3

Is this a good team?

Good luck!
    Wow.. Awesome man .. THANKS A LOT for the detailed guide :smiley::blush::love:@DawsMan
    Lol I got you buddy
  • Options
    Thank you all for your vote and comments.

Finally, I went for the Grandmaster's Gauntlet and finished it with 5844 units spend, I had saved a decent stash of resources if I consider that as well total units used would be around 8896. BUT It was all totally worth it with the rewards I got.

Saving rest 6* Shards for a new featured 6* crystal which goes live next week.