**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Psylocke has underated damage and power control

AceymcocAceymcoc Posts: 195 ★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Title says it all
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Should I rank Psylock up?
  • AceymcocAceymcoc Posts: 195 ★★

Aceymcoc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Aceymcoc said:

Aceymcoc said:

Ebony_Naw said:

No you're not. You're looking for attention. Which I now understand is because it seems Kabam support has yet to get back to you about a TOS issue.

FYI I’ve made 4 threads today, which isn’t spamming considering each one of them was a different issue, also with all the stuff going on with me at the moment do u not think I would want to fall into the background
    4 threads in one day is way too much
    As far as I’m aware there’s no rule as to how many threads you can make in one day
    That’s like saying there’s no laws against being a jerk to people in public. Sure you won’t get arrested, but you’ll annoy everyone around you
    I have nothing else to lose, so why not just speak my opinions, kabam already took my account away for something that was out of context, admittedly a horrible example but still
    so now i'm going to take something that is very in context. stop spamming threads because you're not getting your account back by giving your "opinions" every 10 minutes
    I’m not trying to get my account back I’m just expressing my thoughts about champs
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    Hey @Aceymcoc tell me more about Psylocke and her underrated damage?

Any particular rotation you like?

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    RakeYoung said:

Her damage isn't underrated she has quite below average damage at base and with a full synergy team its probably just above average. That being said I do think psylocke is a bit underrated, she's not amazing by any means but if you are really good at back draft intercepting while the opponent is against the wall you can just lock them out of using specials for the entire fight and take no chip damage. She's also better at controlling passive power gain than people seem to think
    RakeYoung said:

I’d recommend you watch albundyrules videos about her he does a very good guide to her
    Aceymcoc said:

RakeYoung said:

I’d recommend you watch albundyrules videos about her he does a very good guide to her
    I can’t watch his vids. Puts me to sleep, sounds very dull.

RakeYoung said:

Aceymcoc said:

RakeYoung said:

I can’t watch his vids. Puts me to sleep, sounds very dull.

Fair enough

My favorite thing to do with psylocke... bench her and use magik

lol.

I mean yeah if you have Magik I doubt you’d have a need for Psylocke.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 835 ★★★
    I agree psylocke is somewhat underrated - but still don’t go ahead and rank her up over whoever you were thinking before. She’s alright but there are better options.

She’s excellent for combat power control and her damage is decent when a horseman but other than that, there’s not much to her. Damage is lacking compared to so many others and her power control is near useless against ability power gain, which is typically why you bring power control in the first place.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I like her, she’s just a one trick pony. I wish she had a little more damage and a little more utility.

She has somewhat of ninja training. Why don’t her sword strikes cause bleed? Nerf sword?
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Aceymcoc said:

Not really but she’s still underated
    I love how you’re saying that psylocke is underrated and has good power control and damage but suggesting people don’t rank her up. There is absolutely no point of this thread. People go complain to other people.
    Will3808 said:

Aceymcoc said:

Not really but she’s still underated
    I love how you’re saying that psylocke is underrated and has good power control and damage but suggesting people don’t rank her up. There is absolutely no point of this thread. People go complain to other people.
    I mean that’s a good point but she’s often overlooked as trash and I just wanted to say how h
    She’s underated
    Does anyone have a ranked up Psylocke?

I’m curious as to what her damage looks like at a higher level. I always liked her, but the juice isn’t worth the squeeze at this point to invest big resources in her, IMO.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

I’m curious as to what her damage looks like at a higher level. I always liked her, but the juice isn’t worth the squeeze at this point to invest big resources in her, IMO.

I agree with you, she's fun to play but not someone to rank high when so many others are better. Mine is r3 and unless I have an overflow of the resources, she'll stay there.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I have had Psylocke at 6r3 for over a year at this point. She was my first 6r3 too.
    Her damage is really undersold. When the opponent is at zero power, she gains a nice crit bonus and with the Apoc synergy (not even needing to be a horseman) she stacks up psi-charges so quickly and you can dump them for up to a 227K heavy attack.
    She also has more utility than people give her credit for. She isn't just great at powerlocking with her enervate passive, if you have Mojo on the team, you can cycle Sp2 Powerlocks back to back pretty dang easily.
    She could probably use a tweak or a values only update, but I think she's worth ranking.

I ranked her to rank 3 last week. Gonna upload some game play over the next few days, I think she’s awesome and a really fun champ. She’s got pretty decent damage to be fair, nothing game breaking but her crit rate is through the roof so it’s consistent.

Plus when her enervate is useful, it’s damn useful.

She’s also probably the best terrax counter in the game. If he’s awakened he drains himself to 0 power and since he gets a bar of power or more at the start of the fight, Psylocke gets a psi charge. Meaning he’s instantly power locked.

I took down stun reflection terrax with her in war it was pretty nice!

I have had Psylocke at 6r3 for over a year at this point. She was my first 6r3 too.
    Her damage is really undersold. When the opponent is at zero power, she gains a nice crit bonus and with the Apoc synergy (not even needing to be a horseman) she stacks up psi-charges so quickly and you can dump them for up to a 227K heavy attack.
    She also has more utility than people give her credit for. She isn't just great at powerlocking with her enervate passive, if you have Mojo on the team, you can cycle Sp2 Powerlocks back to back pretty dang easily.
    She could probably use a tweak or a values only update, but I think she's worth ranking.
    Thank you, both. I like reading that. She was always one of my favorite X-men, and was overshadowed by Iceman and Archangel on their release with her. I’m going to tinker with her more. If you have videos I’ll most definitely watch them.

👍
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

This 100%.
    I want her So Bad on my Main Account, I have her on my Second Account but no Apocalypse. Only have her as a 4 Star on my Main with Apocalypse, the Sp2 Spam is really fun.

She definitely just needs a Numbers Tweak to get people a little more interested, and a Unique Synergy with Captain Britain when he's inevitably added.
    Since that's a Mystic Character and she's been Captain Britain, a cool Cross Class Synergy would be something like "While Enervated the Enemy's Power Gain Buffs And Passive have -75% Duration" or just the Ability to Nullify Buffs on Crits maybe which would be neat on a Mutant.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

This 100%.
    I want her So Bad on my Main Account, I have her on my Second Account but no Apocalypse. Only have her as a 4 Star on my Main with Apocalypse, the Sp2 Spam is really fun.

She definitely just needs a Numbers Tweak to get people a little more interested, and a Unique Synergy with Captain Britain when he's inevitably added.
    Since that's a Mystic Character and she's been Captain Britain, a cool Cross Class Synergy would be something like "While Enervated the Enemy's Power Gain Buffs And Passive have -75% Duration" or just the Ability to Nullify Buffs on Crits maybe which would be neat on a Mutant.
    I don't think less duration on power gain helps, as the opponent literally needs the tiniest bit of power to stop being enervated.

Having played with Psylocke a fair bit honestly I think what she needs is to get rid of her reduced power rate - it's a bit of an outdated ability. I think also an ability where once per fight when she is struck, the opponent is power locked for 2 seconds, as a bit of a safety net for keeping the enervate.

I think change the synergy part of her horseman ability, to have increased crit rate per Psi charge and add it to her base. Add a new synergy for the horseman ability that adds two Psi charges when intercepting or something.

And she would be a much more well rounded and well designed champion. She has amazing things she can do now, and I love using mine, but she has a few obvious flaws which makes her not rank worthy to a lot of people.

To me these flaws are reduced power rate, which can be easily dealt with by the changes above. No safety net, which the power lock when hit will solve. The increased crit rate with PSi charges should be on her base IMO. And extra Psi charges when intercepting not only increases her damage output slightly, but also rewards her backdraft intercept playstyle

If i was designing Psylocke's buff that's what I'd go for