**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Question about elsa

2»

Comments

• FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

I honestly think Jabari Panther is the most underrated skill champ now.

I R3'd mine on a whim and holy cheese. I'm not even using her kit right yet and she does some absurd damage. Fantastic for Crit Me, for Do You Bleed, for Diss Track, and more, while holding a slightly more finicky evade counter than Nick, a better debuff shrug mechanic (arguably, Cleanse is tough to use at first), and a ridiculous and easily accessible crit rate boost.

She's honestly Poor Man's Fury in almost every sense of the word. Fantastic damage and good anti-evade and debuff shrugging. Downsides are her poor health pool and absolute need to play aggressive when The Hunt is active.

I feel like Jabari Panther can almost be a skin for Okoye, who I would have loved to see by now.

JP has a place in the game. I feel as if “cleanse” is going to be more important than purify soon as well.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Hoitado said:

Aleor said:

I have her r2 6*, ranked her just for fun and aw D.
    Her evade on parry is kinda nice, until you will get evaded on that parry and eat a combo in your face. Her evade counter is not very good, as you need to get evaded in a first place. Her shrug works after some time those debuffs are active, so you don't want to rely on it in a fight like void.
    I guess you can put her in top 10 skill champs, but it mostly due to skill class being pretty weak imo.
    Top of class is pretty solid (Aegon, Fury, Chi, maybe Crossbones). Then solid champs with limited use, like stealthy, km, mole or falcon. If you want, you can put Elsa here, but it is an arguable decision for sure. Anyway, no reason to care about top 10, focus on top 5 maybe. She's definitely not in it

I personally would put Falcon above Crossbones. Falcon can just shut down so much
    Lol you do know Crossbones can shut down the same exact things if you can play him properly
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

Aleor said:

Her evade on parry is kinda nice, until you will get evaded on that parry and eat a combo in your face. Her evade counter is not very good, as you need to get evaded in a first place. Her shrug works after some time those debuffs are active, so you don't want to rely on it in a fight like void.
    I guess you can put her in top 10 skill champs, but it mostly due to skill class being pretty weak imo.
    Top of class is pretty solid (Aegon, Fury, Chi, maybe Crossbones). Then solid champs with limited use, like stealthy, km, mole or falcon. If you want, you can put Elsa here, but it is an arguable decision for sure. Anyway, no reason to care about top 10, focus on top 5 maybe. She's definitely not in it

The only way that happens is if the enemy is Unstoppable when you parry. If you rush in after the evade, you are guaranteed to hit.
    When you parry, Elsa strikes with a gunshot. If your enemy evades it, and you are attacking him like you usually want to, you will most likely get hit
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

YoMoves said:

Aleor said:

The only way that happens is if the enemy is Unstoppable when you parry. If you rush in after the evade, you are guaranteed to hit.
    When you parry, Elsa strikes with a gunshot. If your enemy evades it, and you are attacking him like you usually want to, you will most likely get hit
    It is really easy to reparry evaders. If you aren’t great at reparries you can also dex before they hit you. Then parry to stun (since evade is on cool down) and double medium. This along with chaining coldsnap will prevent the problem from happening ever again.
    Hoitado said:

Aleor said:

I personally would put Falcon above Crossbones. Falcon can just shut down so much
    Cb shuts down all those things as well, I believe. And he has damage in most fights, while falcon only ramps in evade fights. Cb is definitely more difficult, but if you can keep his furies up, you benefit more as well. He's kinda almost like skill shehulk

Aleor said:

YoMoves said:

Aleor said:

It is really easy to reparry evaders. If you aren’t great at reparries you can also dex before they hit you. Then parry to stun (since evade is on cool down) and double medium. This along with chaining coldsnap will prevent the problem from happening ever again.
    I know that, but if you play Elsa in non evade fights, you're getting used to strike after parry, and then suffer because of it. Also both her reload and coldsnap take 11 seconds, wich means you can't keep opponent in evade lock, unlike with killmonger for example. Wich means she's not that good for stun immune fights. And why would you need an evade counter, if you can parry?
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

Hoitado said:

Aleor said:

Lol you do know Crossbones can shut down the same exact things if you can play him properly

Yeah but you have to play him “properly”. With Falcon you dash back and hold block and you’re set. Easy and simple. No skill required.

Aleor said:

YoMoves said:

Aleor said:

I know that, but if you play Elsa in non evade fights, you're getting used to strike after parry, and then suffer because of it. Also both her reload and coldsnap take 11 seconds, wich means you can't keep opponent in evade lock, unlike with killmonger for example. Wich means she's not that good for stun immune fights. And why would you need an evade counter, if you can parry?
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Aleor said:

YoMoves said:

Aleor said:

Breaking this up into chunks:
    1. I know that, but if you play Elsa in non evade fights, you're getting used to strike after parry, and then suffer because of it.

Best answer I can give you is get good. It’s the trade off you have to make in that one particular example.

2. Also both her reload and coldsnap take 11 seconds, wich means you can't keep opponent in evade lock, unlike with killmonger for example. Wich means she's not that good for stun immune fights.

For non-evaders it allows another opening for attack, making her have essentially another intercept every 12 seconds where KM has to get to an sp1, then take block damage for said intercept. Elsa is better for these fights.

For evaders that also happen to be stun immune (do you have an example?), all Elsa would have to do is get evaded then double medium with fingers crossed. KM is probably better for these fights.

3. And why would you need an evade counter, if you can parry?

I use CAIW as an evade counter and he works well. But having another way to stop evade always helps. “Why have more attack when you could just hit the opponent more”
    Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

Aleor said:

Yeah but you have to play him “properly”. With Falcon you dash back and hold block and you’re set. Easy and simple. No skill required.
    So would you put Ghost or Doom over Quake because they don't require as much skill?
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

Alright, this question has been beat to death but I gotta ask it. What would your top 10 skill champs be in order?

@LiterallyAnyoneInTheForums

@SkyLord7000

In No Particular Order

Nick
    Aegon
    Shang-Chi
    Falcon
    Kingpin
    Crossbones
    Stealthy
    Mole Man
    Hit-Monkey
    Jabari
    I’d put them like this:
    Well Defined Top of Their Class
    Nick
    Shang-Chi
    Aegon (only top three because of abyss/labyrinth/large health pool content)
    —————
    More Flexible
    Falcon
    Mole Man
    Elsa
    Crossbones (Don’t know his kit very well)
    Stealthy
    Kingpin
    Hit-Monkey
    Jabari (Don’t know her kit very well)

You’re high if you think Elsa is better than Hit-Monkey and Stealthy not to mention the others
    for me elsa is higher than hit-monkey and stealhy, too many hype with stelathy :)) and hit monkey just damage. sure all three a different and for different parts of the game
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★
    Bpn88855 said:

Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

Alright, this question has been beat to death but I gotta ask it. What would your top 10 skill champs be in order?

@LiterallyAnyoneInTheForums

@SkyLord7000

In No Particular Order

Nick
    Aegon
    Shang-Chi
    Falcon
    Kingpin
    Crossbones
    Stealthy
    Mole Man
    Hit-Monkey
    Jabari
    I’d put them like this:
    Well Defined Top of Their Class
    Nick
    Shang-Chi
    Aegon (only top three because of abyss/labyrinth/large health pool content)
    —————
    More Flexible
    Falcon
    Mole Man
    Elsa
    Crossbones (Don’t know his kit very well)
    Stealthy
    Kingpin
    Hit-Monkey
    Jabari (Don’t know her kit very well)

You’re high if you think Elsa is better than Hit-Monkey and Stealthy not to mention the others
    for me elsa is higher than hit-monkey and stealhy, too many hype with stelathy :)) and hit monkey just damage. sure all three a different and for different parts of the game
    Elsa is not better than stealthy. Her, him, and the monkey are all at the same tier, potentially hit monkey is better.
  • DariusYiDariusYi Posts: 171
    If you have god tier champ like NF, blade and HitMonkey, you may think that elsa is nothing special. But if you don't have the god tier champs before the recent changes on falcon and crossbones, and shangchi, you'll appreciate her more.

As others have shared, her busted debuff is very unique. It simply apply damage on top of crit hit.
    I would say that she is a science killer. Makes fight with science champs easier. Busts all the hulk variants better than Hulkbuster ;). I'm one who plays quest with class advantage instead of bring one god who can clear everything.
    Fights are normally faster with elsa. The hit count is high, but actual time taken to clear a fight (especially science) is faster.
    Parry (evade) go in with medium, end combo with light (busted). You can use sp1 after 3 or 4 busted count or you can use sp2 after 5 or 6 busted count, she'll use the incinerate/cold bullet anyway after running out of buster bullet.
    Some science champs may have easier to apply slow debuff, but since most evade champs are science, elsa has natural class advantage against them. Just need to be careful before u apply the coldsnap.

Do i think she's underrated? Maybe a bit. She is tier 2 against science champs, but since tiering doesn't work that way, so she's ok in tier 3. Definitely not in tier1.

I do wish i'll get NF or HM from the next 5* dual class crystal, but until then Elsa will be my top skill champ.

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,241 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Elsa = Top 3 Skill for me. Aegon won’t crack top 10. He gets used almost as often as when Kabam introduces “XXX of Legends”.

Using Elsa in regular gameplay is just so smooth and the fight flows very comfortably.
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★

Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

Aleor said:

So would you put Ghost or Doom over Quake because they don't require as much skill?
    If Ghost and Doom would have been able to do the same thing like Quake then sure they will be considered above Quake as they require less skill to master.

Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

Aleor said:

If Ghost and Doom would have been able to do the same thing like Quake then sure they will be considered above Quake as they require less skill to master.
    Ya but Crossbones has a 90% chance to shrug off debuffs, better damage, easy access to buffs, and can get over 100% DAAR
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,083 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Elsa = Top 3 Skill for me. Aegon won’t crack top 10. He gets used almost as often as when Kabam introduces “XXX of Legends”.

Using Elsa in regular gameplay is just so smooth and the fight flows very comfortably.

Top 3 best is pushing it
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,241 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

xNig said:

Top 3 best is pushing it
    🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ Probably different stage of the game, I guess.

I take Diss Track and Stun Immune/Empowered Immunity for AQ, Path 9 and Stun Reflect Mini for AW. So Elsa almost has a permanent slot on either my AQ or AW team.

Not to mention, I consistently use her to take either Rage or Regen mini as well (since bulk if her damage is passive and her debuffs, paired with despair, keeps the regen in check).

For ONE champ to be so versatile in handling a variety of nodes, I’d say she’s one of the best.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,083 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Top 3 best is pushing it
    🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ Probably different stage of the game, I guess.

I take Diss Track and Stun Immune/Empowered Immunity for AQ, Path 9 and Stun Reflect Mini for AW. So Elsa almost has a permanent slot on either my AQ or AW team.

Not to mention, I consistently use her to take either Rage or Regen mini as well (since bulk if her damage is passive and her debuffs, paired with despair, keeps the regen in check).

For ONE champ to be so versatile in handling a variety of nodes, I’d say she’s one of the best.
    Nick fury mole man and shang chi already decreased the chances of her being a top 3 skill champ to thin air. However she is pretty good from what I’ve been hearing. For YOUR account she might be your best skill champ, but she has some competition with the rest of the skill class. However i do base champs off how fun they are, tis why i love air walker so much.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

xNig said:

Top 3 best is pushing it
    he said top 3 for HIM so who cares
    Sane people.