**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cav EQ

Mr_Holl87Mr_Holl87 Posts: 334 ★★★
edited June 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Current Cavalier difficulty for the monthly event quest is... Frustrating to say the least. Constantly researching and figuring champs for new nodes every month is tedious and time consuming. It's also extremely disappointing that these changes were implemented right after I made various rank ups on champions who are otherwise useless but were great counters for the old style Cav EQ nodes. Now. all those champs sit unused, having wasted countless resources on them, and I struggle to complete Cav EQ because I lack ALL counters to this month's nodes.

I would love to see Cav EQ returned to its previous version. The nodes were designed much better and I felt like there was a larger variety of champions that could counter them. I know many others are disappointed with this as well, even Rich the Man is visibly frustrated every month having to update his info graphs and completely rewrite some all together.

I really hope Kabam considers returning to the old format. So many players now are simply not playing Cav EQ anymore, not even completing it when they used to get full exploration every month with no issues. It wasn't broken and didn't need fixed.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,158 ★★★★★
    Well I can see how it may be difficult IF there are Korgs on the path. You never know when stealthy might suddenly start taking damage hitting korg even with light attacks! :o
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

Well I can see how it may be difficult IF there are Korgs on the path. You never know when stealthy might suddenly start taking damage hitting korg even with light attacks! :o

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    I use white mags pre fight to counter that guy.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I did not rank up a single champ specifically to counter the rotating nodes.
    Skill-Fury every time. Blade sometimes
    Mutant-Omega, colossus every time
    Tech-Warlock, HB, every time
    Cosmic- Hyperion, venom
    Mystic- Doom, Hood sometimes longshots
    Science- caiw every time, sometimes rulk

These are the champs I already ranked up before cav eq was introduced. Only champs I ranked were 4 stars for the t5cc objective. Who did you rank up to counter specific nodes?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Mr_Holl87 said:

Cav difficulty global nodes are rotating. They'll change month to month.

Can you show the data that led you to say that so many players aren't playing cav difficulty? Love to see those stats.

Yeah it's the rotating nodes I dislike. I preferred it when it was always the same. It was challenging in a good way and actually fun. I enjoyed it. As for data regarding players not playing Cav, that's from my own alliance and several other chats I'm involved in. Some in direct messages but mostly in group chats, and almost all of them have even more expansive rosters than mine and better skills in game.
    So.... Not "so many". Just a few people you've talked to. Got it.

Rotating nodes benefit entire classes. There isn't just one champ that benefits from the nodes, there are tons. Definitely don't do Cav difficulty if you can't handle it. You for sure aren't ready.
  • Options
    Mr_Holl87 said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

Can you show the data that led you to say that so many players aren't playing cav difficulty? Love to see those stats.

Yeah it's the rotating nodes I dislike. I preferred it when it was always the same. It was challenging in a good way and actually fun. I enjoyed it. As for data regarding players not playing Cav, that's from my own alliance and several other chats I'm involved in. Some in direct messages but mostly in group chats, and almost all of them have even more expansive rosters than mine and better skills in game.

Rotating nodes benefit entire classes. There isn't just one champ that benefits from the nodes, there are tons. Definitely don't do Cav difficulty if you can't handle it. You for sure aren't ready.
    "Not many". I'm in dozens of different chatrooms on Line, some of those have hundreds of players. Did every player in every chat drop Cav EQ? No. But I see a lot more people talking about it now when they didn't used to.

"There isn't just one champ that benefits". So for example, this month's "Tech" quest nodes are High Voltage, Shocking Revelation and Fighting Dirty. The goal is to power drain and deal shock damage, preferably with TECH champs. The two best options everyone is talking about are Warlock and HB. I have neither. Can it be done with other champs? Yes. But it would sure be a whole lot easier and faster with the RIGHT champs.

"You for sure aren't ready". Like another comment said, so far, I've used no items in Cav EQ. I've backed out and started over one time. But no items used. Definitely don't ask other players questions if you can't handle the answers. You for sure aren't ready.
    Yeah, you're probably right.... Definitely not ready.

But my Silver Centurion says you're wrong.
  • Options
    Mr_Holl87 said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

"Not many". I'm in dozens of different chatrooms on Line, some of those have hundreds of players. Did every player in every chat drop Cav EQ? No. But I see a lot more people talking about it now when they didn't used to.

"There isn't just one champ that benefits". So for example, this month's "Tech" quest nodes are High Voltage, Shocking Revelation and Fighting Dirty. The goal is to power drain and deal shock damage, preferably with TECH champs. The two best options everyone is talking about are Warlock and HB. I have neither. Can it be done with other champs? Yes. But it would sure be a whole lot easier and faster with the RIGHT champs.

"You for sure aren't ready". Like another comment said, so far, I've used no items in Cav EQ. I've backed out and started over one time. But no items used. Definitely don't ask other players questions if you can't handle the answers. You for sure aren't ready.
    Yeah, you're probably right.... Definitely not ready.

But my Silver Centurion says you're wrong.
    I never said you're not ready for Cav EQ. That's what YOU told ME. I just meant don't ask questions if you don't like the answers.
    That makes even less sense.