**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Summer of Pain Rewards!

13»

Comments

• Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

TheExit27 said:

The point system is a bit confusing to me. Completing each of the first 4 weeks would get me 4 points. After that, each week's completion gives me 1 point... but then there will be a a separate challenge to accumulate more points (after week 4)?

They never specified how many points you will receive for what. Later fights (which I assume will increase in difficulty) could give more points for the fight itself, and they did at least confirm that some of the specific challenges will also give points. We'll have to wait and see. My prediction is that each group of 3 fights (1-3, 4-6, 7-9) will at least be of a similar difficulty, and then the final fight will be measurably harder.
    Don't think that's the case. The solo event states 1 point per completion and 1 point per objective.
    I'm assuming we'll be getting multiple objectives per boss after week 4
  • Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 679 ★★★

TheExit27 said:

The point system is a bit confusing to me. Completing each of the first 4 weeks would get me 4 points. After that, each week's completion gives me 1 point... but then there will be a a separate challenge to accumulate more points (after week 4)?

They never specified how many points you will receive for what. Later fights (which I assume will increase in difficulty) could give more points for the fight itself, and they did at least confirm that some of the specific challenges will also give points. We'll have to wait and see. My prediction is that each group of 3 fights (1-3, 4-6, 7-9) will at least be of a similar difficulty, and then the final fight will be measurably harder.
    In-game, in the "Summer Of Pain" 77-day solo event, under "How To Get Points":

1 Point for the first completion of each Summer of Pain Quest
    1 Point for the completion of each Summer of Pain Objective

Today, I beat Rogue and got 1 point. I don't see any objectives. The in-game mail on this event stated that from the 4th week of the event there will also be a difficult solo objectives feature of some sort. It also said that each week will consist of "just ONE fight," yet on August 18th the final challenge will feature highlights from the previous weeks... I don't know if that's hinting towards a grouping of fights or not. I mean, we'll find out. But if there are 9 weeks of fights (9) and 6 weeks of objectives (6), where will the other 12 points (9+6=15; 27-15=12) be available. I understand that nobody knows yet, and with that being said (due to lack of clarity) I'm confused about this point system. Seems like there will be more objectives than quests. Also, I overlooked "Peak Milestones" and initially thought I was going to get 6* shards after this Rogue fight... where which I was pretty disappointed. A combination of all these rewards would have been an insane pro-player reward super event. I suppose it could be worse... for instance, an Alliance only based reward system (instead of solo).
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,984 ★★★★★
    Rewards look nice but the event being time based seems like a huge letdown, as it forces people to plow through with units and premature champion options, instead of giving us a chance to farm resources and grow our roster in case we dont have a certain counter . Would be nice if this could at least be reoccuring after the 9 weeks are over, the same way Gauntlet will be coming back , since the boss from the previous weeks will be removed.
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,550 ★★★★★
    Spidergwen melts her, and so far so fun.
  • Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 679 ★★★
    Zan0 said:

TheExit27 said:

TheExit27 said:

In-game, in the "Summer Of Pain" 77-day solo event, under "How To Get Points":

1 Point for the first completion of each Summer of Pain Quest
    1 Point for the completion of each Summer of Pain Objective

Today, I beat Rogue and got 1 point. I don't see any objectives. The in-game mail on this event stated that from the 4th week of the event there will also be a difficult solo objectives feature of some sort. It also said that each week will consist of "just ONE fight," yet on August 18th the final challenge will feature highlights from the previous weeks... I don't know if that's hinting towards a grouping of fights or not. I mean, we'll find out. But if there are 9 weeks of fights (9) and 6 weeks of objectives (6), where will the other 12 points (9+6=15; 27-15=12) be available. I understand that nobody knows yet, and with that being said (due to lack of clarity) I'm confused about this point system. Seems like there will be more objectives than quests. Also, I overlooked "Peak Milestones" and initially thought I was going to get 6* shards after this Rogue fight... where which I was pretty disappointed. A combination of all these rewards would have been an insane pro-player reward super event. I suppose it could be worse... for instance, an Alliance only based reward system (instead of solo).
    A combination of all these rewards would have completely unbalanced the game
    Yeah yeah yeah... can't spoil Cavaliers and Thronebreakers
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,643 ★★★★★
    Auce said:

So you need to wait until the whole event is over to claim any rewards?

Not to claim any rewards. You get 1 gold when you beat Rouge...