**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Approaching the grandmaster.... need tips and help

Konstant45Konstant45 Posts: 571 ★★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips

so this is my roster, that cap is s200 and i will rank 5 him soon
who is potentially my best option against the grandmaster fight?
also which path will be easier for the roster that i have?

i think i have enough units to get through the fight although i would still grind some more
all help will be greatly appreciated guys, hope i get through this with minimum item usage

Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Divine59765Divine59765 Posts: 19
    Grandmaster fight is a mixture of fun and annoying fight purely skilled based fight.
    I would recommend you to don't waste your units on the first few tries just fight him casually and learn his mechanics once you are confident with his abilities go for it.
    The cosmic path is the easiest one only annihilus is little bit annoying by seeing your roster caiw is surely a great option with spider man ss his criticals are really good will help you a lot and I would recommend you to bring an immune to inverted control champion it will help you to save a lot of units in the third phase because the third phase is the most difficult and tricky phase generally people burn there units on third phase and yeah 3000 units are more than enough 😊
    Best of luck 👍
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    CAIW will be your best bet, once he's R5. Take a Cosmic champ so you can inflict Armour Breaks.

Quake and Torch won't do anything like their usual damage to him; as he only takes damage from being hit and nothing else.

He also can't be Evaded, so that's Quake pretty much neutered. She can be useful on the path, though.

Hype will help to get you there; but his damage Vs GM will be a bit limited as he's restricted to L1 Power for most of the fight; and again, his Incinerates won't cause damage.

Whoever you take, I'd also suggest that White Magneto will be your MVP: in most of the fight, Grandmaster is immune to stun debuffs, but not to passive stuns, so his prefight will be incredibly useful for you (I wish I'd had one...)
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    You will have to complete various missions within the fight, so it is a good idea to bring champs that can complete those easily. Some of the trickier ones are:

* Inflict a damage over time effect (that's not hard generally, but can be tricky since you don't rely on DOT damage and therefore probably have more brawler-type champions)
    * Gain a buff (you can just dex an attack, but it doesn't hurt to have other avenues to gain one)
    * Land a critical hits* Knock the Grandmaster down (this can be tricky if you don't have a bar of power and have to heavy intercept him)
    * Perform Well-Timed Blocks (you need to be able to take those hits into block).

I've only defeated the GM once so I am by no means an expert, but looking through your roster, the champs I think would be most useful are Cap IW, Mole Man, Hyperion, Guardian and (if what @Magrailothos says is true about him) White Magneto.

Cap IW: High block proficiency, DOT on his SP1, fairly reliable crit chance.

Mole Man: Can inflict Bleed, gain unstoppable buffs, and has guaranteed crits while in frenxy. I don't know if it might be difficult to ramp him up to that frenzy state, but if you can then I bet he'll be a great option.

Hyperion: He constantly gains buffs, he quickly reaches his SP1 so he can always knock the GM down, his SP1 also does DOT (which completes the mission even if it doesn't deal any damage) and...yeah. I didn't use him but he seems like a good option. Now I'm kind of confused why I didn't bring him with me.

Guardian: I don't have him myself, so take everything I say about his use vs the GM with a big grain of salt. However, he inflicts shock damage instead of critical hits, right? So you'll have easy access to DOT effects even if you'll automatically fail the crit mission. However, he can also block and gain buffs, so while he is maybe not the best for every mission he can probably do several of them well. But again, I have no personal experience with the champ and am only writing this from memory.

Before you go at it, I would also suggest practicing using reversed control somewhere. I don't have a good spot but that is just an incredibly annoying part of the fight if you don't have a good counter.

Good luck!
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    Do not use Wagneto pre-fight.

Once applied, all parries for all champs won’t count.

You have to parry to complete tasks in phase 1.

Prior thread in here discussed this.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

Do not use Wagneto pre-fight.

Once applied, all parries for all champs won’t count.

You have to parry to complete tasks in phase 1.

Prior thread in here discussed this.

That's interesting. So they work as parries, but don't count for the objectives?

As I say, I don't have him, but I used Dr Doom; and his Passive Stun works just fine. Do I just assumed WMags would work.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    PAUSE THE GAME. For his block shuffling with the colors, you can pause, preview the pattern, repeat it to yourself a few times, the execute it. “Block it, dex it, take the hit” or whatever it tells you to do.

For the part where he bans tactics, use parry with LMLM combos. This will give you more time to adjust if light attacks are banned on the first hit of your combo. I typically saved dex until the end.