**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is CAIW useless without Awakening?

Darkraider234Darkraider234 Posts: 125
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips

Is CAIW useless without Awakening? 125 votes

Yes
6%
Monk1Santa_PsycheMUSTAFAKİNGWOLFGOTGRenaxqqCapdevilasebJohnyBoyBurritoJoe 8 votes
No
93%
GamerBitterSteelPalanthraxTimone147FrostyPrimmer79jdrum663LuciusVorenusMSRDLDTheVyrusF4k3_GaM3rAlex13369MagrailothosLvernon15ThatGuyYouSaw235ThunderGodMenkentHammerbro_64AanthoTheHeroDeserved 117 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    No
    Still has the damage, the block. Only real utility you lose is armor break, petrify and purify. The rest aren't as useful.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    No
    He’s far from useless, but he’s also far from what he is at max sig
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    No
    He is a damage monster machine unduped, but a damage monster machine with a lot of utility at sig 200.

That said, he's one of those champs that I wouldn't rank up as 6*s until sig stones become a lot more accessible for those guys. I'm quite happy with my full-sig 5*. Same with champs like Namor and Void.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    No
    Nah man. I brought my unduped 6* with me on my initial Grandmaster run. Did wonders for me.
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    No
    Unduped he can still throw some face melting damaging sp2s, if at 5 shield charges and you charge heavy-fire sp2. Also, unduped he still has the glacing mechanic as well as the highest block proficiency in the game. So "useless"???? Absolutely not.

Less utility? sure. Less usability in certain nodes that require shrugging off dots and/or placing debuffs (such as armor break, weakness, etc) on the opponent ? Sure. But "useless" is far from accurate.
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    No
    What's the most preferred way to use him, unawakened?
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    No

What's the most preferred way to use him, unawakened?

Same way you play him if he was awakened. Parry heavy until you get to an sp2 with five charges. Then with five charges, parry heavy again, but cancel the 2nd heavy hit into sp2.

Cap’s awakened utility comes with the block.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    No
    Its funny people say its required. Was my first r5 5* unawakened, got me cav and was a beast for 6.2.6 champion, last 10%. Super versatile.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    No
    He's useless in the NF sense, but not in the Aegon sense.
  • Options
    Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    edited June 2021
    No
    Unawakened he still has his unstoppable counter, sp1 aar, and his mega damage
    Edit: Also his glancing and physical & energy resist