**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Apocalypse the most annoying defender ?

The_HoTUThe_HoTU Posts: 445 ★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Many times I have seen Apocalypse being the final boss in AW in youtube videos. It seems he is really annoying defender like Korg and Mordo seeing those videos but whenever I fight against him there is nothing I find annoying about him. Even Kingslayer put him at 1st position in best defender. Why is it so ? Is he really as annoying as Korg and Mordo ?
https://youtu.be/1TpdyNtI2sc
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    edited June 2021
    He's not the worst for me. It's mainly his specials that I hate
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,387 ★★★★★
    I think to me worse mini is doom or mojo as doom with his high armor and crit resist its just a long fight with apoc he has some crit resist but u crit more on apoc than doom, mojo as wrong prompts and u pretty much need to hopefully not get him to 5 prompts done or even 3 as the power gain is just annoying, all in all people have different opinions to which champ is the worse boss so to him it might be apoc that gives him and the ally trouble than other bosses like things
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Imo he’s far from the most annoying, especially with protect gone, though I can evade his sp2 reliably and can evade the sp1 most of the time and have plenty of counters
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Domino, Mojo, Annihilus, Korg, Dragon Man are harder than him IMO
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    Korg because Korg. I don't like fighting Domino on defense either because no fight is ever the same. Apoc is trouble but not scary trouble. Mojo can still be a pest.

• Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Apoc is ez and has a lot of counters. Mojo probably most annoying.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Having the right counters for the defenders lowers the overwhelming feelings.

Back when domino was heavily used on defence I ranked up mysterio. Now it’s guardian.

Mojo melts with HT, just don’t dex.

Apoc is easy with a robot, g99/warlock/ghost. But he’s annoying once he gets 4 missions because of the random stun when blocking. The stun immune and stun the opponent when hit their block is new with apocalypse. Making him a meta changing defender. Not overly hard if played right, but can catch you if you aren’t thinking.
  • Options
    Jaded said:

he’s annoying once he gets 4 missions because of the random stun when blocking. The stun immune and stun the opponent when hit their block is new with apocalypse. Making him a meta changing defender. Not overly hard if played right, but can catch you if you aren’t thinking.

So that's the thing annoying about Apocalypse

• Options
    for me korg is the most annoying defender
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,148 ★★★★★
    Korg is the worst. Just like the korg in gauntlet. Made me feel so little 😂
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    It's probably one of those "I haven't learned how to fight the new champ yet, so he's the hardest" rankings. Nothing wrong with that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he moves down the list with time. I personally find him really annoying in AQ, but I usually don't have too much of an issue in other content. If I have to fight him in EQ or something, I have more room to bring a good counter than I have in AQ.

I still can't dex his specials reliably, though. I always eat a ton of block damage, which is annoying. But at least they aren't unblockable...(KOOOOOORG *shakes fist*)
  • Options
    Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    M I d only one who finds fighting domino not difficult?
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    I hate domino
  • Options
    BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    KM can be absolute hell to fight on certain nodes without a proper counter
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    To answer your original question, I think the reason he’s listed as #1 has to do with the nodes he can be on in aw. If he’s got super high attack, messing up the dex on one of his specials can kill you very quickly. Along with that he has pretty difficult specials to dex. Also, you can’t hold block and then counter his heavy if he’s at 4 charges since he’ll stun you. Overall as a war boss he’s pretty annoying. I don’t think in general he’s the worst defender in the game but he’s definitely really annoying at times.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Oh and since we’re listing who we like fighting the least my choice has to be mojo. I don’t have a wonderful counter for him and really stacked mojo’s are my nemesis. Really stacked Korgs can also be super annoying if I can’t bring in ghost or apoc (that’s better for me now though since I just pulled 5* apoc and don’t have to use my 4* in aq or variants anymore).
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Well, Domino is not difficult, unfortunatelu most of the time you loose half of your health even if you play perfectly. That's the only problem.

If I see a Korg... Hey guys, connection problems, can't fight sorry!
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,315 ★★★★★
    Apoc if you don't have tigra otherwise thing or nick
  • Options
    FerahgoFerahgo Posts: 96
    No issues with apoc unless someone pushes him to 4 charges. Mojos probably my least favorite just cause I can't always avoid dexing the entire fight
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    Korg is the worst