Why Ronin over Hawkeye?

ŁŤÇŁŤÇ Member Posts: 351 ★★★
My God, does this even make any sense?

The OG Avengers are God-awful, and here we are, ramping up a champ that many people thought was R3 worthy already. Does this make any sense? Is there a big picture? Are names being drawn from a hat?

Maybe next month Quake can become True Strike Immune, or maybe Doom and Apoc can become DOT immune? Just ideas.

Comments

• ŁŤÇŁŤÇ Member Posts: 351 ★★★
    Maybe they're preparing a Mag-level revamp. Who knows?

All I do know is the only OG Avenger worth anything, Thor, got nerfed to hell and back. Literally give him back his armor breaks. He's an instant top 5 in-game. Could you picture a 6-3 with 5 armor breaks? Wow.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Member Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★

ŁŤÇ said:

Literally give him back his armor breaks.

This is impossible.
    Yea they changed the way armor breaks work and how they scale. Armor can't go negative anymore I believe so you wouldn't be seeing those big numbers like you would want to.
  • DawsManDawsMan Member Posts: 2,169 ★★★★★
    ŁŤÇ said:

All I do know is the only OG Avenger worth anything, Thor, got nerfed to hell and back. Literally give him back his armor breaks. He's an instant top 5 in-game. Could you picture a 6-3 with 5 armor breaks? Wow.

Give him back his armour breaks and make them last as long as sym spideys.

Obviously broken but it would be fun to see. He'd be an abyss mvp, damage cap every hit.
    Ah, to dream.....

I remember rolling through ROL with him at 4-40. The good ole days.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Love the input and opinions.

Maybe you few are right on the OG Avengers. I'm just at a loss on how the champs that most of us grew up reading mostly still get overlooked. I, personally, knew nothing of Sentry like most of you have shared on here. But, sounds like he was legit in comics. Wonder when he gets his day to shine.

Hopefully after the Avengers and Cyclops, who I think is most deserving of an overhaul.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,794 ★★★★★
    Why Ronin over Moon Knight or Taskmaster? This is just thier plan. They might have bigger buff for Hawkeye or others. They'll get around to it.
    It would make perfect sense if we were informed of this. This is an assumption. A good one, sure! But still, assumption. Outside of Miles, and the no way winning of Gully, who else do we know of officially getting it?
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Member Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    ŁŤÇ said:

It would make perfect sense if we were informed of this. This is an assumption. A good one, sure! But still, assumption. Outside of Miles, and the no way winning of Gully, who else do we know of officially getting it?

They don't plan to release the list so you'll never know until it happens.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Member Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    It’s amazing how people keep comparing these things... “WhY roNiN inStEaD oF IrON MaN?!??!!!1!?”

Like come on, the answer is so blatantly obvious, ronin needs a few numbers changing, iron man (or insert any of the other usual comparisons) need completely new abilities, almost like designing a brand new champions kit.
    If you’re gonna do a comparison like this, why not “why did ronin get picked over iceman or Heimdall or any other middle of the pack, just needs more damage/x ability duration increase champion”

Truth is, they probably have a team working on buff ideas and there’s no particular order to it, probably just bouncing between champions trying to think of ideas until they get one they like and pass it up to the next team, then they’re likely just implemented as they’re completed in most cases.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Member Posts: 2,294 ★★★★★
    Well Ronin = Hawkeye soooo
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Member Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★
    Hawkeye is overrrated. He only has two abilities, none of which saves him as champ.

It’s amazing how people keep comparing these things... “WhY roNiN inStEaD oF IrON MaN?!??!!!1!?”

Like come on, the answer is so blatantly obvious, ronin needs a few numbers changing, iron man (or insert any of the other usual comparisons) need completely new abilities, almost like designing a brand new champions kit.
    If you’re gonna do a comparison like this, why not “why did ronin get picked over iceman or Heimdall or any other middle of the pack, just needs more damage/x ability duration increase champion”

Truth is, they probably have a team working on buff ideas and there’s no particular order to it, probably just bouncing between champions trying to think of ideas until they get one they like and pass it up to the next team, then they’re likely just implemented as they’re completed in most cases.

Speak for yourself friend. I felt this way, and I stand by what I said. Both are Clint, so that is the obvious reason I compared the two.

And I personally feel Hawkeye is an update away from being great. Give him PG, and degen for bleed-immune, and he's good to go.

Iron Man is ****. He's worse than HE. Again, I didn't use IM. You did.
  • RJustice_209RJustice_209 Member Posts: 213 ★★
    Because Dave likes Ronin and so does alot of the youtubers. Plus Ronin has been the damage baseline in the past (per Kabam in a past post) and now needs to be put back in line with current meta. I wouldn't be surprised if IW got buffed in AUG.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,944 ★★★★★
    Because ronin is worse than hawkeye
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Member Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    ŁŤÇ said:

Speak for yourself friend. I felt this way, and I stand by what I said. Both are Clint, so that is the obvious reason I compared the two.

And I personally feel Hawkeye is an update away from being great. Give him PG, and degen for bleed-immune, and he's good to go.

An update away, whereas ronin is likely going to have the tune up this month. Ronin needs a few numbers changed, Hawkeye needs extra abilities added, therefore my point still stands.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Member Posts: 3,112 ★★★★★

ŁŤÇ said:

They stated that the idea of a dual magneto level buff scenario is unlikely again.

As stated by others a Ronin tune-up is considerably easier than a Hawkeye overhaul and was something even members of the CCP have suggested in the past. The Avengers deserve Overhauls and hopefully they'll get them. But for now, we focus on the easier fixes.
    Mole god
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,794 ★★★★★
    ŁŤÇ said:

That's the point of what everyone is telling you. Ronin isn't being overhauled this month, just a tweak. HE needs a moderate update but those take longer than just numbers updates. I don't think anyone got a overhaul this month as those take longer. I think they are doing those every 3 months or something.
  • slackerslacker Member Posts: 774 ★★★★
    ŁŤÇ said:

Did you just seriously think that buffing a champ that easy ? "Give him a bleed a degen and boom bgt skill" ?
    Suddenly i just want a tune-up iron man for you sake.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Member Posts: 1,643 ★★★★★
    For what is worth ronin and Hawkeye is one man.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Member Posts: 3,245 ★★★★★
    Well apparently it's because Hawkeye is better than Ronin according to the logic of another thread.