**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ultron or Doctor Octopus?

Ripster85Ripster85 Posts: 14
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hi Everyone
I need advice please!

Witch 5* is the better champion to rank up to rank 5?

Doctor Octopus or
Ultron

Thank you!
Kind Regards!
Post edited by Kabam Dijon on

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Doc Ock has amazing power control, sustainability and decent damage when awakened and played well. Idk about Ultron but leaning towards Doc Ock.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    They’re completely different champs who are great in their own rights, if you’re committed to mastering doc then I’d go for him, if not I’d go ultron
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    they are very diff so ultimately depends on ur needs.

I have 6 star r1 doc ock unduped and 5star r4 ultron duped (wouldve r5'd after buff over ranking doc ock but pulled warlock).

in a vacuum ultron is the better champ. His damage, regen, armor, auto stun on sp1, degen/bleed, synergy potential, immunities, and even power drain are very OP against any mutant (other than mags i suppose) or anyone who can bleed; that's the majority of champs (so he is still weak against non mutants who are bleed immune, but again, not many of those).

doc ock's power control is really really good. you can get high dmg when you do heavy. with lots of debuffs, but not the best rotation to rely on imo. I think his dupe makes him much better. i dont use him much other than specific node/champ combinations whereas Ultron seems to be more helpful in more situations.

but again depends on need since they are both very different.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Doctopus imo; he's a swiss-army tentacle monster.

If I had both at 5r5 rn, I wouldn't use Ultron because I have others that fill his niche -- but nobody really fills that Doctopus niche.
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    Ultron is utility based champ, so If you have warlock or G2099, then don't go for Ultron. Meanwhile Doc Oct is great power control champ, little easy and fun to use
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    I would probably go ultron. Great sustainability, decent damage, nice bleeds/degens, and his power control on sp3 is nice too. Both are good for v6/3
  • TatteshwarTatteshwar Posts: 199 ★★★
    Ultron after his buff is a top shelf tech champ

Amazing utility and more than solid damage, he is much better than doc in general scenarios and overall endgame content

Double Regen, Double Immunity, On demand evade, great DOT and practical non stressful rotation to build damage, he needs no mastery to play whatsoever
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    I think that someone would only say Doc Oc if they didn’t realize the ridiculous amount of damage that Ultron does when combined with MODOK and HB and spamming SP1. Or perhaps power control is their top priority, since Ultron doesn’t have that at all. The only reason I’m reluctant to say Ultron is in the top 3 of Tech is because MODOK has yet to be buffed and essentially wastes a slot. Then again, this is not much different than what you have to do to get the most out of Ghost.