**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rank 3 choice Warlock or Ultron

CdvaCdva Posts: 52
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
A month ago this wouldn’t even be a question.

However since the recent buff I find myself using Ultron a lot.

Just wanted to see what the communities thoughts are, I can either take a non-awakened Warlock to rank three or awakened Ultron
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    I like what I've seen when I've used my r4 5* Ultron in various content so I'll definitely r5 him, but yeah, Warlock is on a whole other level. While I really subscribe to the idea of ranking up those who you like playing the most instead of those others say are the best champs, I'll still say that Warlock is by far the better champ unless I've missed something really substantial in Ultron's buffed kit. His versatility is just insane. As soon as an opponent has a consistent regeneration effect and not too many buffs, Warlock basically has complete control over the fight. I just saw someone solo the Mr. Sinister SOP boss with their Warlock and I'm really curious about trying that myself when mine is released from AQ.

Obviously I'm way more experienced with Warlock since Ultron was trash until just a few weeks ago and I never took him into any content, but I doubt that he can really compete. Maybe in pure damage - that has never been Warlock's strongest side - but not utility, I imagine.

But as I said, rank up whoever you like to play the most. There will come more r3 opportunities and if you feel like taking Ultron up now, go for it. Who knows, maybe you could make an argument that he (as a damage-dealer) benefits more from the rank-up than the more utility-focused bot? I can't answer that, just say that I would personally choose Warlock.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Warlock, as much of an ultron fan as I am, warlock is simply better