**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who's excited about the upcoming Ronin tweak?

I wish the spotlight was up already.

Who's looking forward to the Ronin buff?

What do you wish was tweaked, etc?

Comments

• MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

Hoping for a power gain increase mechanic like Longshot after the sp3 with a decreased defensive power gain for the opponent. And also something else added to his sp2.

Very odd… I hate to ask… Have you used Ronin?
    He needs more aar on his Wraith or Sp1 disorient, as well as expanded purify/shrug and maybe longer fury length after sp3. I would also like Crit on Block during Demon Stance.

The powergain thing is cool but very unnecessary in his kit and his sp2 is fine imo, 7 bleeds is an awesome piece of damage/utility.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    I am hoping they only extend the duration on his disorient, raise his max cruelty to 9, increase the DAAR, and make his sp3 fury permanent with 2 max stacks. That would make him so much more useable for for end game content.

I would also like if entering guard stance purified ALL debuffs, but that would be a little OP.
  • RJustice_209RJustice_209 Posts: 213 ★★

Hoping for a power gain increase mechanic like Longshot after the sp3 with a decreased defensive power gain for the opponent. And also something else added to his sp2.

He needs more aar on his Wraith or Sp1 disorient, as well as expanded purify/shrug and maybe longer fury length after sp3. I would also like Crit on Block during Demon Stance.

The powergain thing is cool but very unnecessary in his kit and his sp2 is fine imo, 7 bleeds is an awesome piece of damage/utility.
    Im the First 6r3 sig 200 in game. Lol. Yes i know how to use him. Happy with him as is, just mentioned my wish list is all.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

Im the First 6r3 sig 200 in game. Lol. Yes i know how to use him. Happy with him as is, just mentioned my wish list is all.
    Sig 200 is impressive. What does his sig do? Also did you dupe him a bunch or just throw sig stones at him cuz you like him?
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

I do think he needs AAR increase. I also agree with him needing to shrug off more debuffs.

Power gain would be nice but I believe that would force them to reduce the potency of his damage similar to blade . And I don’t think that’s something I’m willing to sacrifice.

SP3 extended fury + maybe a way to pause it or spending I would be happy.
    Its that stress from sp3 to sp2
    DawsMan said:

Sig 200 is impressive. What does his sig do? Also did you dupe him a bunch or just throw sig stones at him cuz you like him?
    At the time, he was my favorite champ. When he got duped i took it as a sign to r3 since i didnt have too many good options and I also just formed a skill t5cc. I dumped stones into him for prestige. Sig ability is alright. Could be better. It came in handy several times in war.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    I'm excited. Hope they have a bit of a faster ramp up and maybe a bit more utility
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’d don’t really care what they do if they make him overall better and don’t anger anybody. My 6* ronin is waiting.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

Very interesting. My 6* is r3. Did you use sig stones? His sig ability is on the weak side, so I am surprised you didnt mention a tweak in the sig.(Like permanent furies from evade)

My 5/65 is sig 200 but my r3 is only sig 60.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★

How can you be sure about that? Even if you whaled a lot the first day he was available, somebody could do that as well.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

How can you be sure about that? Even if you whaled a lot the first day he was available, somebody could do that as well.
    Well people are free to dethrone him but considering it's Ronin, I doubt anybody sigged him up and R3.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    Don’t mess with his abilities? What abilities?
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    His problem is his ramp up too tedious and fury too short for upcoming sp2 with another 7 intercepts, also give this man a practical 100% aar . Also make his sig ability useful in offensive.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I'm just hoping it's not a Nova buff.

I like the idea of Ronin, but just don't enjoy playing him. Mostly effort vs reward issues.

Very interesting. My 6* is r3. Did you use sig stones? His sig ability is on the weak side, so I am surprised you didnt mention a tweak in the sig.(Like permanent furies from evade)

My 5/65 is sig 200 but my r3 is only sig 60.
    I only wished what would not be considered too op but can easily be implemented. I dont like champs reliant on awakening which is why i prefer not to have sig ability weighed too heavy. I hate less than 100% in ability so i do wish his sp1 did something better. But we all know if there was a choice for ability reduction then we bring Falcon.

Ronin ends short fights with his sp2 like most others, but his main damage is sp3 and then sp2. But for me that stress of gaining power to sp2 after a sp3, while building cruelty, and having to bait a special is somewhat of a race. It sucks tbh. I do hope it either gets less stressful (lower cruelty or higher power gain or both) and better rewards (more damage). As of right now, Ronin's damage per second, not burst, seems the baseline as stated by Kabam. Ive compared him with Ghost. Both with suicides and without and the average is roughly the same. Same with the others. However ghost/corvus would only need sp2, while Ronin has to do the sp3 then to sp2 for max damage. So with 150/200% boosts, the others go far ahead, especially more if the opponent is bleed immune. For suicide r3, Ronins sp2 Bleeds is about 1/3 of the sp2 damage, getting about 80 to 90k on good rng from sword and about 37k from bleeds with 4 points in dw. Its about the same total damage for r3 ghost sp2 from what ive been told. However, Ronin has to do sp3 first then sp2 while building up cruelty and baiting, etc. It only averages out evenly over time as basic attacks for ronin hit harder especially adding the bleeds. He just needs to lower the "stress" level and/or increase the rewards for hard work. Intercepting is one of the hardest things, then having to juggle stances to build 7 cruelty, and bait specials all before the fury expires is a pain.
    DawsMan said:

Aleor said:

Well people are free to dethrone him but considering it's Ronin, I doubt anybody sigged him up and R3.
    This ^^ lol.
    Im not 100% sure. Maybe im 2nd. But definitely one of the 1st three. A month or two before I r3d my r2 sig200, there was a r3 sig 180.
  • HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    i sure do, not because i have the 6 star version of him or anything
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Plot twist it's a Ronin nerf...

Dun.. dun... Dunnnnnnn!
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Qfury said:

Plot twist it's a Ronin nerf...

Dun.. dun... Dunnnnnnn!

Wouldn't put it past Kabam tbh.

Edit: Although I think the buff details were going around online, I haven't seen them, idk.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I don’t have the 6* but my 5* is 5/65 200

I hope they:

1. Increase the AAR to = 100, and increase the timer on it.

2. Decrease the amount of cruelties needed to get the evade

After that it’s all gravy