**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Juggernaut:

Can someone tell me why he is a mystic and not a mutant. Just wondering if there is a back story I am unware off.

Comments

• Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    It’s kind of like the same reason Phoenix is Cosmic and same with Magik

Phoenix Has powers from a Cosmic Force (Phoenix Force) if I’m not mistaking

And Magik is think is Mystic because of her Limbo Ability. I don’t know much about her but I do know she is Colossus Sister
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★

He’s the step brother of Prof X and he’s also not a mutant at all I’m pretty sure. He’s mystic because he’s empowered by Cytorak, a mystical god.

Exactly right. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggernaut_(character)

Magik is a Mystic in the comics too, albeit she's a mutant who casts spells; so could have been placed in either class. Still, it's handy having at least one #x-men Champion who's not a mutant.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

He’s the step brother of Prof X and he’s also not a mutant at all I’m pretty sure. He’s mystic because he’s empowered by Cytorak, a mystical god.

Magik is a Mystic in the comics too, albeit she's a mutant who casts spells; so could have been placed in either class. Still, it's handy having at least one #x-men Champion who's not a mutant.
    Kind of like Scarlet Witch.
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    There’s a lot of these.

Is Falcon skill or tech?
    Ant-Man science or tech?
    Moon Knight skill or mystic?
    Mojo mystic or science (or tech)?

There’s a nexus for all those to be yes. But ultimately they’re what they are. I don’t mind unless it’s something like Spider-man is a mystic or something that doesn’t fit at all.

Juggs and Cyttorak are boys. He’s not a mutant, just gets his powers from a relic that Cyttorak gave him (it’s in his helmet I think).

They created Juggs to be the “brawn” to Xavier’s “brains”.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Aleor said:

Longshot, phoenix and unstoppable Colossus left the chat
    You're absolutely right.

I should have said 'one useful #x-men champ who's not a mutant".

Then I would have just forgotten Longshot. (Good call, btw 😉).
  • Options
    Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★

Can someone tell me why he is a mystic and not a mutant. Just wondering if there is a back story I am unware off.

Juggernaut is not a Mutant, he got his powers from a Mystic bieng