**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

G2099 players: Have you noticed any difference after awakening G2099?

I use my G2099 all the time (EQ, AW, AQ and will be going for Cavalier next). I just pulled a Tech AG and thinking of awakening her. What has your experience been after awakening her? Is it worth it? How many sig stones is optimal for her?

G2099 players: Have you noticed any difference after awakening G2099? 68 votes

Yes, awakening her made a big difference
11%
Spity68SaiyanSbkruebKill_GreyFiiNCHodishika123MrInsanity_wasabi_ 8 votes
Yes, awakening her was nice, but not too big a difference
30%
heruheru511LuciusVorenusLvernon15ThunderGodMenkentLordabckTexas_11Raichu626Agent_TDeaconSquirrelguyGreekhitGarrettNAomine_Daiki10Andyball270Agent_X_zzzPZXCCXZErik_BloodaxeBuggyDClownRaviDavi 21 votes
Awakening her is a nice to have, but not sure it's worth a tech AG
36%
rishisaiYoMovesHammerbro_64Ackbar67EtjamaShivamrineHera1d_of_Ga1actusBonzodavidSkinnyfatboy82Thoye3EdeuinkSteel_Ball_RunParam1988JohnyBoyLpooCrasyduckSH1FT3RThanks_D19BigBlueOxNuclearOrk 25 votes
No, haven't noticed any difference after awakening her
20%
Badrosezuffy_Sham_Akkarin23ddomMaratoxricknmorty_ericong77TheMailmannFaseehHoitadoShenkChaosMax1012Draconic_12 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    MCOC_JCMMCOC_JCM Posts: 169
    What sig level does she need to be at to notice a difference?
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Not gonna lie, her awakening has saved me a lot of times. I was fighting 6.3.2 nick Fury boss yesterday, and got tagged at one point. Luckily she activated the combo shield, and that alone helped me finally get the solo on that guy.

Mine is just Sig 40. Although, it's not too helpful outside of situations like stun immune matchups, or unblockable situations.

Awesome! Thanks for the insight!!
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Never have use for it. But nice to have if you mess up
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    On occasion it will save me from taking a full combo , the goal is really to not get hit so it doesn’t come into effect too much.

It also helps tank some tough specials like apoc SP1 etc , as she can’t take more than 10% damage while her Shield is up . Not SP3 though . It’s really an oopsie signature ability
  • Options
    Texas_11 said:

On occasion it will save me from taking a full combo , the goal is really to not get hit so it doesn’t come into effect too much.

It also helps tank some tough specials like apoc SP1 etc , as she can’t take more than 10% damage while her Shield is up . Not SP3 though . It’s really an oopsie signature ability

What sig level do you have her at?
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Back in flow wars I brought her all the time, and the sig was just a really nice safety net, it’s not huge, but I find it really helpful, especially for war
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    I like it especially with the amount of times inputs can fail in the game currently. Nothing worse with g99 than your first parry failing and losing your 100 combo before you’ve got a heavy in. The damage cap is also really nice if you mess up.

Don’t really feel like there’s a magic number on sig level like other champs as it just increases the chance to activate up to 100% at max sig. Ideally you want it at max. It does hit 50% chance though at fairly low level, maybe 40 or something.

For me it’s worth the full investment because of the amount of use the champ gets and there’s not really many tech champs worth saving gems and sigs for that can impact your account in the same way as an aegon for eg. I’d rather progress.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    I have her as r3 6* s8g 20.
    TBH she don't need it. But it's nice to have. If you don't mess up 9/10 times then Sig ability is joke for her. But if you do mess up sometimes then Sig ability is safeguard. Can prevent combo without combo shield gained by heavies. And damage cap is good for certain match ups or when you need to get hit to reach sp3 for ramp up. But yah sig ability adds good prestige numbers to her
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    Her awakened ability gives her a chance to activate a combo shield when hit. If you don't get hit, you won't even notice the ability. If you do get hit, however, you'll be glad you 200 sig'd her to get that sweet 100% chance to keep your combo.

If you do go for it, I really recommend you go for max sig. Otherwise there'll always be a chance for the shield to not trigger, which defeats the whole purpose of the ability.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Its a nice safety net in any scenario where you can't stack heavies like stun immune, unlockable.
    Outside of that though there really isn't much more to it since you can get combo shields from heavy.

Unless it's at least Sig 150 for the 90% chance I can't see myself relying on it much
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    It has saved me countless times in AQ
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It’s nice when you only have a few combo shield stacks and it kicks in. Definitely not necessary but a fairly nice safeguard
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    It doesn’t help too much but I’m like a toddler I like shiny stars
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    One thing about G2099's sig that people over look is her combo shield damage reduction that ONLY her sig gives her. Players only see the first part where she has a chance to get a combo shield and at sig 200 it's 100% but the second part is honestly more important than the first part.

It makes her take only 10% damage while under a combo shield and players think that means only the shield from her sig but that's not the case. Her Heavy attack combo shields once she's awakened make her take 10% also meaning at Sig 1 if she uses 3 heavies and takes a sp2 say from a Scarlet Witch with 999999 attack it means she will ONLY take 10% from said attack even if her sig shield doesn't trigger.

For a champ with such low health it honestly matters alot and more so if
  • Options
    HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
    Saiyan said:

One thing about G2099's sig that people over look is her combo shield damage reduction that ONLY her sig gives her. Players only see the first part where she has a chance to get a combo shield and at sig 200 it's 100% but the second part is honestly more important than the first part.

It makes her take only 10% damage while under a combo shield and players think that means only the shield from her sig but that's not the case. Her Heavy attack combo shields once she's awakened make her take 10% also meaning at Sig 1 if she uses 3 heavies and takes a sp2 say from a Scarlet Witch with 999999 attack it means she will ONLY take 10% from said attack even if her sig shield doesn't trigger.

God why didn't I think of that, will try it out, thanks for the info
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Saiyan said:

Dex makes her only lose 0% health. Dex OP
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    she's great without the AG but like many have said .. it's a really nice safety valve that you won't even realize until it comes into play and you're like thank goodness lol
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone that voted and commented!! Great info that helped me decide to use the Tech AG on G2099! Even just at sig 30, her chances to activate the Combo Shield is just under 50%! I have her at sig 40 right now, which gives her a 54.91% chance to gain the Combo Shield. I hope this discussion will help others that are trying to decide to awaken her or not.