**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

SOP bosses

udyedagainudyedagain Posts: 2,166 ★★★★★
So i just started playing last year. What are some of the boss fights you think are coming?,I never seen this ice Phoenix everyone talks about. Never fought the champion pre nerf. I also seen venom and Emma in the picture. Were they bad fights before? Venom in variants wasn't too bad.

Comments

• Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★

So i just started playing last year. What are some of the boss fights you think are coming?,I never seen this ice Phoenix everyone talks about. Never fought the champion pre nerf. I also seen venom and Emma in the picture. Were they bad fights before? Venom in variants wasn't too bad.

To be honest if venom gets that one node again which lets him as many buffs he wants Ronan will murder him
    Limber...
  • Options
    Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★

To be honest if venom gets that one node again which lets him as many buffs he wants Ronan will murder him
    I thought Longshot and symbiote supreme are good for eating buffs..how does Ronan work?
    The more the buffs the opponent has the longer the stun.
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,499 ★★★★★

I thought Longshot and symbiote supreme are good for eating buffs..how does Ronan work?
    Awakened Ronan increases the duration of his stuns for each buff on the opponent. High buff matchups allow you to easily cycle SP1 for a stun lock
  • Options
    Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★

The more the buffs the opponent has the longer the stun.
    Oh cool! Does he have to be awakened? I have a 6 star Ronan and I only use him for arena

Yes he does
  • Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

Slashed Tires Juggernaut.
    From act 4 pre-nerf

Why was he bad?
    Slashed tires
    You die if you dash back
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★

From act 4 pre-nerf

Why was he bad?
    Power gain, poison every once in a while.
    And if you dashed back, instantly lost a big % of your health, tied to your attack rating. Like 1/3 or even half at once
  • Options
    DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Good chance hell be there. One of the most annoying fights in the early days before his nerf
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    I wonder how Mr. Negative would do against Slashed Tires Juggy. He’s got a playstyle that permits for never dashing back, but I don’t think he has any counterplay to unstoppable, does he?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★

Voltolos said:

From act 4 pre-nerf

Why was he bad?
    Slashed tires
    You die if you dash back
    Oh nope lol, I will skip this fight then lol, hope they don't have him
    Imagine that fight though but in 2015 and the minimal selection of champs we had back then. No 5*'s. No 6*'s. No Blade. Scarlet Witch and Wolverine were just about the only regen champs you had. Talk about a challenging fight.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★

Ronan gets extended stun duration the more buffs a defender has.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

If Venom is a boss you can bet mystic champs won’t work because of a node.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Aegon with the +10 persistent charges every 5? Seconds node that he had way back when he released.

Pre nerf champion (would actually quite appreciate this one, give me a way to practice for when I eventually return to 6.2.6).

I can’t think of anything for the venom without some minor changes to remove Ronan from the equation.
    Emma I’m also unsure about.

Can see the thanos bosses making a return at somepoint.
  • Options
    cytwbccytwbc Posts: 93

From act 4 pre-nerf

he wasnt even a boss and was HUGE pain,
    also the way his unstoppable works now compared to back then
    i can see them bringing this back.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★

I can’t think of anything for the venom without some minor changes to remove Ronan from the equation..

Stun immunity would check Ronan. Incinerate immunity for longshot. Mystic ward for the rest of the class, most likely.

From there they could just build a standard, tough venom fight. But I don’t know of any from the game’s history that were particularly challenging.

If I were trying to make a tough venom fight though, I’d use Destructive Feedback. He’s so aggressive, it’d be extremely difficult to play around.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Emma I could see either her eq version with oscillate and stuff coming back (obviously with a few add ons) or I could see a revamped version of the do you bleed Emma from 6.2

Venom I haven’t got a clue, there isn’t any venom in the game that has nodes that don’t make him mystic/ronan food to my knowledge, maybe they’ll base it on act 4 venom and have objectives that eliminate mystics and ronan as counters
  • Options
    ScrubhanScrubhan Posts: 159
    Possibly the diss track iceman from 6.4.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    One of the more annoying bosses I've fought recently was a Gwenpool in Act 6. She only took damage from bleeds, but every time she was bled she would place a bleed on you too. Additionally, she couldn't be blocked (or maybe reduced your block proficiency significantly per block - something like that).

I just remember feeling cocky as can be because, man, the rest of that lane went down smooth. I brought all of my a-list bleed champs and they tore through everyone. Then I reached Gwenpool and just got insanguinated within moments no matter who I brought.

It wasn't even a "can only take normal damage when bleeding" node, it was straight up "only takes damage from bleed (and reflects it)". Such a BS fight.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

One of the more annoying bosses I've fought recently was a Gwenpool in Act 6. She only took damage from bleeds, but every time she was bled she would place a bleed on you too. Additionally, she couldn't be blocked (or maybe reduced your block proficiency significantly per block - something like that).

I just remember feeling cocky as can be because, man, the rest of that lane went down smooth. I brought all of my a-list bleed champs and they tore through everyone. Then I reached Gwenpool and just got insanguinated within moments no matter who I brought.

It wasn't even a "can only take normal damage when bleeding" node, it was straight up "only takes damage from bleed (and reflects it)". Such a BS fight.

That's the do you bleed and clapback gwenpool in 6.4.1. Every single person who's done that fight as far as I know, has complained about it, but it was ignored in the act 6 nerfs. The only direct counter is Warlock.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★

Limber...
    Matador, Power Struggle…
  • Options
    Jug + Slashed Tyres + Kinetic Transference + 95% Mystic Ward + Aspect Of Evolution.

This will be fun.
  • Options
    Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★
    xNig said:

Jug + Slashed Tyres + Kinetic Transference + 95% Mystic Ward + Aspect Of Evolution.

This will be fun.

dont give Kabam ideas haha
  • Options
    I’m sure they would have thought about it anyway. 😂