**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6.4.6 grandmaster

Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
So I
-studied videos
-grinded for lots of heals and revives
-got to him easily on Cosmic path

Team
5r5 CAIW, rags,doom
6r2 sym sup, colossus

16 regular revives and only down 15% (and I was still in the “easy part”)

AI: venom-type with intercept counter.
So, extremely aggressive, but if try to intercept it shallow evades and intercepts you.

Felt completely demoralized and exited.

Had 4k units, but I didn’t want to burn it all and only get him to 50%

Just curious on thoughts from recently successful summoners.

Comments

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Your team is well enough to take down GM. If you spent 16 revives and still at 85% stage, it means you basically don’t understand enough what GM behave in the 1st Phase. 1st Phase is supposed to be the easiest among 4 phases.

Depends on the learning curve of each player, if I were you, I won’t spent any units and just restart the path. Paths of 6.4.6 are less tough than other 6.4.x and GM is your only tough counter. Focus your study on only the 1st phase first, practice and practice, until you only lose 1-2 champs when reaching 2nd phase. Otherwise just restart.

One more thing, use “pause” function when you are confused during the fight. Revives and units are only worth to spent when you understand why you got killed.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    @Reference
    I just don’t have that much concentrated time.

The prep I could do in small pieces.

It took me a few weeks to find enough time to go through the line and fight GM.

I could break it up, but I would only fight him about once a week. (Not counting time to get more resources. Wouldn’t want to put all that time in just to fight him once with each champ).

This would be way better if they had a way to practice without the lane.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

@Reference
    I just don’t have that much concentrated time.

The prep I could do in small pieces.

It took me a few weeks to find enough time to go through the line and fight GM.

I could break it up, but I would only fight him about once a week. (Not counting time to get more resources. Wouldn’t want to put all that time in just to fight him once with each champ).

This would be way better if they had a way to practice without the lane.

Totally understand. Normally for majority of boss combat, it is doable via power through strategy, and some players even justify spending units as norm and feel proud when power through a fight via unit.

In fact you can power through GM fight too, yet I guess you need to prepare at least 5k units even though you save up some revives / health potions. Do you think it’s worth? It’s an opportunity cost between time spent in learning and power through via units.

No training alternative available except for spending units (or you are lucky enough to join CCP and play under beta environment). To a certain extent it is intentional as the game company earn revenue when you buy unit deal.

Have you watched videos from MCOCnoob? If not, please take a look of his guide on GM’s fight. I think his guide is one of the best so far. Many youtubers did hide something or didn’t explain clearly on some tricky arena, MCOCnoob just listed all and speak frankly. I did Act 7.1 completion without any revives or health potions because of him.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    @Reference
    Thank you for your advice.

Even Mcocnoob was unable to save me (although he got me through all the rest of Act 6).