**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

2 part question for y'all...

mattressmattress Posts: 405 ★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I'm about to rank up my 1st 5R5 this week. Should it be Big Daddy Apoc or Colossus? And the 2nd part of my question should I use a generic AG on one of them or hold onto it?

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Apocalypse and awaken him. Should always invest in your champions you have at the highest rank. He’s arguably the best mutant.
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Rank up Apoc. The more and more I look at mutants like prof X and Apoc the more overrated I begin to see colossus. As for your AG question, I personally wouldn’t use it on either unless you have a lot of sig stones to immediately pour into colossus, which in that case I’d awaken colossus. I’d still say rank up Apoc either way though.
  • Options

Rank up Apoc. The more and more I look at mutants like prof X and Apoc the more overrated I begin to see colossus. As for your AG question, I personally wouldn’t use it on either unless you have a lot of sig stones to immediately pour into colossus, which in that case I’d awaken colossus. I’d still say rank up Apoc either way though.

Why use an ag on a champ OP won’t use? Apoc covers what colossus can do.
  • Options
    OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
    Both super champs! But that I don’t have to tell you anymore :)

My (unpopular) view on holding on to items in the game: you can hold onto it for ages but at the end of the day an awakening gem in the inventory is not helping you progress in the game. An awakened champ will!

Colossus is worth a generic awakening gem in my opinion! Never regret giving mine one. Also really benefits from a high sig. So you ‘should’ be willing to invest in him.

Omega Red synergie also really helps to increase colossus damage output drastically!

-

Apoc is great and doesn’t have to be awakened. So you can take him to R5 like this without waking him up with your grey gem :)

What content are you trying to do? That might be good to know in order of choosing which one goes to rank 5 (first).

Cheers
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

You can rank up colossus at a later point…?
  • Options

Jaded said:

You can rank up colossus at a later point…?
    And he can awaken colossus at a later date as well…apoc’s regen gets underrated status quickly but it’s a nice addition to a complete kit.
  • Options
    Omedenn said:

Both super champs! But that I don’t have to tell you anymore :)

My (unpopular) view on holding on to items in the game: you can hold onto it for ages but at the end of the day an awakening gem in the inventory is not helping you progress in the game. An awakened champ will!

Colossus is worth a generic awakening gem in my opinion! Never regret giving mine one. Also really benefits from a high sig. So you ‘should’ be willing to invest in him.

Omega Red synergie also really helps to increase colossus damage output drastically!

-

Apoc is great and doesn’t have to be awakened. So you can take him to R5 like this without waking him up with your grey gem :)

What content are you trying to do? That might be good to know in order of choosing which one goes to rank 5 (first).

Cheers

Got UC a couple months back. Gonna do a coupla more months of EQ/SQ to rank up some 5*s and make a push for cav
  • Options
    Jaded said:

I honestly use em both on my questing team right now. Thats why I'm torn, love em both. As far as the AG, only other 5* id consider would be maybe sentinel or Morningstar maybe?
  • Options
    mattress said:

Jaded said:

I honestly use em both on my questing team right now. Thats why I'm torn, love em both. As far as the AG, only other 5* id consider would be maybe sentinel or Morningstar maybe?
    Trust me awaken apocalypse. I’ve got all content done and feel apocalypse is one of the best in the game. You won’t regret awakening him when you use colossus unduped to cover a couple fights to utilize Apoc regen.
  • Options
    te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Do you have an Omega Red as a 5* or 6*, and some sig. stones to use? If yes I would awaken and rank up colossus. Colossus' Sig. Ability is much more important than Apoc's one, and i have both as 5* at R5 and sig. 200 ^_^
    If the reply to my question is no then I would simply choose the champion that i like the most ^_^
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,312 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    apoc but save the AG for some good option as colossus and apocalypse don't need it