**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Bishop might be the top mutant

13»

Comments

• psp742psp742 Posts: 2,299 ★★★★
    Not sure if I can agree with Bishop being best mutant.. Apocalypse, Prof-X, and Magneto OG (red) may hold the top 5 spots.. AA also has his 'if they bleed and can be poisoned'.. maybe in top 10 mutant.. there is part of his kit that is confusing.. im not sure if he was in overcharge mode or not but he was losing prowess (charge).. maybe I'm playing him wrong.. I have 6* Bishop sig20.. I would rank2 Magneto HoX (white) sig55 over Bishop.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Apoc will forever reign supreme as the #1 mutant, after that, bishop can place #2
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Faseeh said:

UNBLOCKABLE SP3 TOO OP!!

He also has unblockable heavy
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

I think I may have judged Bishop, he’s literally 1 hitting opponents and staying close to 100% the entire time. This guy is busted

I told you!
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★

Faseeh said:

UNBLOCKABLE SP3 TOO OP!!

He also has unblockable heavy
    Stand your ground mastery strongly disagrees
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    If you have a sunspot, bishop won't be of any use. We have so many mutants with crazy specials that hit hard bishop has to bring something different to the table for him to get the attention he deserves. But don't get me wrong he will be a great pull for those people who lacks a mutant I'm their roster.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    BuffBeast said:

Apoc will forever reign supreme as the #1 mutant, after that, bishop can place #2

There is a champion with the name professor x, heard of him?
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    I'll reserve judgement until I've had the chance to try him out in some more serious content than ROL Winter Soldier, but I liked what I saw there. I played like **** with my r2 6* yet got WS down in about 100 hits while at 100% health myself even after taking countless hits. I thought his regen would be quite useless but I was pleasantly surprised.

Regardless of where I place him among his fellow mutants, though, I am really happy that he got buffed. I've had my 6* for a long time and I've always kind of thought that he had great damage potential under the right circumstances. It's just that those circumstances were so very specific that he wasn't really viable in most matches, and his self-destruction just sucked. Those things were all addressed and I think he will be more usable going forward, so I'm pleased with how things turned out.

The one thing I'm a bit confused about is why they removed his SP1 utility of allowing you to bypass certain nodes. I don't remember exactly how it was worded but I seem to remember Steady Release circumventing stuff like Thorns and Electro's Static Shock. I don't think it does so anymore.

But I'll have to play around more. Maybe I've missed something and that utility is still there somewhere, somehow.
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    I hope this is a joke post. Apoc actually gets limited stun immunity at 3 charges, not 4 btw.

The comparisons you made are so minuscule, such as unblockable sp 2s, and the apoc point is barely a comparison because you barely use apoc for the parry immunity, except for this eq overseer.

He may have *some* similarities, but he doesn’t have the evade counter of apoc, stryfe, prof x etc.

He doesn’t reduce aa like mags and aa can.

He doesn’t counter damage back like stryfe and prof x.

He doesn’t counter purify if it’s not stun, like apoc can.

He doesn’t have the immunities of colossus.

And he sure as hell can’t counter unblockable and unstoppable like stryfe can.

His access to dot is worse than apoc and aa.

It seems to me like he lacks the actual super useful bits of utility from most of the mutant top tiers.

Mangog has the stagger and power steal like doom does and has insane immunities like Claire… I don’t see him being top of the mystic class?

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    psp742 said:

Not sure if I can agree with Bishop being best mutant.. Apocalypse, Prof-X, and Magneto OG (red) may hold the top 5 spots.. AA also has his 'if they bleed and can be poisoned'.. maybe in top 10 mutant..

Um... What? Just "top 10"? I'm gonna assume I read that wrong.
  • RJustice_209RJustice_209 Posts: 213 ★★

I hope this is a joke post. Apoc actually gets limited stun immunity at 3 charges, not 4 btw.

The comparisons you made are so minuscule, such as unblockable sp 2s, and the apoc point is barely a comparison because you barely use apoc for the parry immunity, except for this eq overseer.

He may have *some* similarities, but he doesn’t have the evade counter of apoc, stryfe, prof x etc.

It seems to me like he lacks the actual super useful bits of utility from most of the mutant top tiers.

Mangog has the stagger and power steal like doom does and has insane immunities like Claire… I don’t see him being top of the mystic class?

Ya but he's the only mutant that can punish purifying skill champs. Thats his place in the game. And he has a little bit of everyones stuff u mentioned. Might not be the best but damn good enough without taking over that spot because he has a spot of his own.
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★

Ya but he's the only mutant that can punish purifying skill champs. Thats his place in the game. And he has a little bit of everyones stuff u mentioned. Might not be the best but damn good enough without taking over that spot because he has a spot of his own.
    Actually jubilee and havok technically punished purify before he did, so he’s not even special in that department.

And the stuff he does take isn’t that great for the most part (with some exceptions being energy resistance and the stun purify punish). He’s far from best because he takes some of the more insignificant stuff from actual meta defining mutants.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,994 ★★★★★

Actually jubilee and havok technically punished purify before he did, so he’s not even special in that department.

And the stuff he does take isn’t that great for the most part (with some exceptions being energy resistance and the stun purify punish). He’s far from best because he takes some of the more insignificant stuff from actual meta defining mutants.
    I’d say Bishop’s new shrug-punishing mechanic is a hybrid of Jubilee and Storm X. Opponent is damaged for shrugging any debuff, not just the ones that are a part of his kit, plus he replaces shrugged stun debuffs with passives. Both of these mechanics are incredibly useful, and the ability to place a passive stun on shrug rivals Apoc’s shrug AA reduction in terms of general practicality.

I like the Bishop buff a lot. I am not going to sit here and say he’s the top mutant, mainly because I don’t believe there is a single top mutant. The best of them all have their uses in different pieces of content. Bishop’s buff has given him several more uses than he had before and has made him viable throughout the game. That’s good enough for me.