**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The buff program is amazing: A snapshot

ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

I have always been in favor of a strong system for buffing characters and overall game balance — if you could look back to the old forums for the 5.0 update, you would see me writing too-long posts about buffs to the OGs

It was so frustrating for a few years, watching this game turn into a gap of those who had certain characters and those who didn’t — it’s ridiculous for anyone to lie and say that you would rather have Karnak than Aegon, for example. But you could obviously open up the same kind of crystal and one person gets Aegon and another gets Karnak, which contributes to how effective a player can be overall

But the photo I posted along with this post is the reason why I feel buffs are so important

This is the team I took into the Legendary side quest for Purgatory a little bit ago, for my first run

One year ago, I would NEVER have taken two of those characters anywhere close to content where I am going in “blind”

This is why the buff program is so vital — it gives people who have pulled characters who were not capable of helping clear challenging content some hope that things will get better for that tough pull

And for the record: Diablo was an ABSOLUTE FREAKING BEAST against a Medusa who could’ve been a huge problem right now, considering her Living Strands and the more aggressive AI I am seeing

Maybe not every buff is what the collective player base would have wanted to see, but overall, the buff program has made this game so much more balanced and fair, and by my math, I think Kabam really could have 80-90 percent of the most needed buffs done by the end of the year, if the moderates are strong enough