**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Worst Cavalier Class Node?

Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 649 ★★★★
For my money, it’s the mystic one. It doesn’t produce near enough buffs to nullify to really be as useful as all the others.

Comments

• Options
    Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 649 ★★★★
    Yonkers said:

mystic and science are the ones im finding to be most troublesome. nothing too difficult though.

It’s not so much about being difficult as being tuned as well as the others. I agree about science too. Very hit and miss on the poisons proccing and I tend to not get near as many when I’m using a poison immune champ.

• Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Last month's cosmic.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,110 ★★★★
    Every mystic since they started. Run suicides and no doom, bwcv, sym supreme, sorc supreme etc as 5* or 6*. Have been using 4* bwcv every month...

About to 5/65 Diablo though, purely to give me a good option.
  • Options
    Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★
    I don’t like tech
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    The skill one of last month for obvious reasons. Don't have any problems handling all the other class nodes.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★
    The worst node according to forum history is the last month's skill heal block.
    I didn't see any other node as controversial as it was.
  • Options
    DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    Seems like cosmic past 3 months (including this one).

Science and mystic
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★
    Ercarret said:

I personally hate Biohazard in the mutant quest. I would have been perfectly fine with one that just bled you all the time but I hate being afraid of intercepting the opponent since you risk dying if they put up their block. I don't have any poison immune/resistant mutants aside from an unawakened 6r1 Omega Red, so it's just really frustrating.

It's not really difficult, as such, it just makes me play much, much more cautiously than I would otherwise. That makes the quest drag on, I take a bunch of block damage over time and ugh, yeah, no.

At least they didn't have any auto-block champs this month. Last month, my last champ died on the last defender before the boss because they, if I recall correctly, put a stun immune, auto-blocking fricking Heimdall there. He's normally really easy but he was a monster when you can neither stun nor intercept him safely. I think I burned more revives on him than on the final boss.

But other than the mutant node, I actually really enjoyed this EQ. I can agree that the mystic one was a bit meh since it didn't matter too much one way or another, but it didn't bother me like the mutant one did. It just felt like you were playing without a special node.

The mutant Biohazard was certainly annoying. How many mutants are immune or at least partially immune to poison? I suppose they want you to bring Prox X but given that he's a new champ, I'm not sure how many people have him.
    If you have max sig 4* OR he can solo just about every fight on the easy path. I kept dying to the poison so I just used him for everything except Prof X who I used Apoc on to get charges
  • Options
    DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    @Chikel

Not trying to sound condescending, but the point of that node was to not hit into the block and to purposely give yourself bleed to them nullify it for fury’s.

Basically you want to bring anyone who can bleed but is poison immune.

Or just anyone and don’t hit into a block
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★

@Chikel

Not trying to sound condescending, but the point of that node was to not hit into the block and to purposely give yourself bleed to them nullify it for fury’s.

I get what you're saying but I find it a little bit annoying. Not nearly as annoying as it was the first time around when your mutants only got a 50% bleed damage reduction, but it was still my least favorite quest this month.

One change I would make to that quest is to maybe add an aggression node so that the opponents play a bit more ball with you. With it, you could have a fun game of intercepts. You can't intercept as reliably now since you risk dying if they pull their block up, which I feel leads to a more cautious playstyle that I'm not a fan of.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    I dont like this month's tech. Can be painful
  • Options

@Chikel

Besides OR, how many other decent mutants are poison immune? Sure you shouldn't hit into the block but if you mistakenly do so which is bound to happen, the poison is almost enough to end you. No other Cav node is as punishing as this. The poison damage should be reduced or they should find something more creative than Biohazard.
    As @Ercarret said, the AI can play passively forcing you to hit their block to bait sp or your intercept meets their block. It's not fun watching your health vanish from a single mistake.
  • Options
    GarrettN said:

I feel like all of them are designed to have very specific responses and counters. Warlock decimates the tech one with his passive heal block them at gives him his furies fast. Mystic gets run over by sorcerer supreme as her special 1 nullifies fast and is spammable so she gets the 3 prowess buffs quick. Skill can be dealt with with a few champs but the best I’ve found to be hit monkey as he can get the furies fast and hit very hard very fast. Mutant can be dealt with with cable and apocalypse fast enough and Medusa, Hyperion, cosmic ghost rider, etc all do great.

Science is the one I’ve felt is kinda clunky. I use void and CAIW but it just seems slow.

Have you tried Ibom for the science quest? He's my MVP each time and he ends fights there fast. I don't know why people insist on CAPIW and void for the science nodes when they obviously don't work on all of them.
    I use Void for the fragility ones and ibom for the poison nodes (he can do the former though but watching Void's debuffs tick 2k/sec is satisfying af)
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Last month science node and cosmic, for science the amount of power gain is not too much but when the AI goes defense, it's become super annoying when suddenly they gain another bar of power and you have to bait again, really stressful, not to mention, so many undexable sp2 in this quest.
    For cosmic, that miss AAR need to replace.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,158 ★★★★★
    Tech, Skill, Science. I get thru all of them with relative ease but for tech, I only have hulkbuster. For skill, my favourite one ever was the debuffs expiring but since I got falcon evade counters are no issue. Science, I used to have no good science people.
  • Options
    rockray2016rockray2016 Posts: 53
    Ercarret said:

I personally hate Biohazard in the mutant quest. I would have been perfectly fine with one that just bled you all the time but I hate being afraid of intercepting the opponent since you risk dying if they put up their block. I don't have any poison immune/resistant mutants aside from an unawakened 6r1 Omega Red, so it's just really frustrating.

It's not really difficult, as such, it just makes me play much, much more cautiously than I would otherwise. That makes the quest drag on, I take a bunch of block damage over time and ugh, yeah, no.

At least they didn't have any auto-block champs this month. Last month, my last champ died on the last defender before the boss because they, if I recall correctly, put a stun immune, auto-blocking fricking Heimdall there. He's normally really easy but he was a monster when you can neither stun nor intercept him safely. I think I burned more revives on him than on the final boss.

But other than the mutant node, I actually really enjoyed this EQ. I can agree that the mystic one was a bit meh since it didn't matter too much one way or another, but it didn't bother me like the mutant one did. It just felt like you were playing without a special node.

Omega red is a great option for that mutant quest I always use him mine is R1 6 star and unduped.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    Chikel said:

Ercarret said:

The mutant Biohazard was certainly annoying. How many mutants are immune or at least partially immune to poison? I suppose they want you to bring Prox X but given that he's a new champ, I'm not sure how many people have him.
    If you have max sig 4* OR he can solo just about every fight on the easy path. I kept dying to the poison so I just used him for everything except Prof X who I used Apoc on to get charges
    I was running OR & Colossus as main with prof x synergy to mitigate the poison.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    I only did Skill and Science so far, and for Skill the best champ was Black Widow Original, and for Science Inv. Woman. You have plenty of time to get her to a special and upgrade her shield before poison destroys it completely.
  • Options

Chikel said:

Ercarret said:

I was running OR & Colossus as main with prof x synergy to mitigate the poison.
    OR is the only perfect option. How many people have Prof X considering that he just entered the basics a few months ago? All of the cav nodes have multiple perfect counters but only the mutant kills you if you hit into block without OR. I have Prof X but even with his poison mitigation, unless you build his charges you're gonna lose health from the poison or die even and considering that he's not poison immune you will probably die building his charges.
    I did the quest itemlesly and will probably explore it itemlesly as well but the design is way too punishing and needs to be changed.