**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summ(on)er camp research and discovery

IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
Alright. Long read ahead. A little confusing because of how the rewards are distributed, but I believe I’m on to something here. I’ve spent some time not sleeping to look into this. Thank you to everyone who actually decides to read this
Here is a picture comparing 2019 and 2020s calendars.

As you can see here, there is quite a large increase in rewards. And this year, there has also been a nice boost in rewards. But here’s the catch, you only get the boost if you pay.
Now yes, I understand kabam needs to make money, and that’s fair. And yes I do understand that the items are free. Im just pointing this out. Now if you look at the summoner camp, as a free to play, you only get 14 tokens. That’s IF you log in EVERY DAY for 98 days. There aren’t any work arounds for this, as bigger rewards are locked by minimum amount of token purchases beforehand. I have already missed a day, so bye bye 5* ag crystal, and 500 units. Whatever, that’s a whole other rabbit whole to go down.
Alright now the furthest reward you can get as a free to play is the 5* ag crystal. Which the 2020 and 2019 calendar also has. You can also get 6400 6* shards. Which the 2020 calendar also had. May I point out in comparison to the 700 6* shards from 2019. T5b? Same amount. T5cc? Still none. T2A? Same amount. T1alpha? Same amount.
Now do you see what I’m getting at here? Same rewards, no Grace days. While both 2019 and 2020 had Grace days. Also may I point out, that if you had missed a day on the 2020 calendar, even if you missed a full week, you would still get the units, AND 5* ag. I didn’t look into the smaller rewards and amount of units, but I would assume it’s also the same with maybe a slight change.
So the conclusion here is that between 2019 and 2020, the rewards were increased. The rewards were also increased in 2021, but only for spenders. FTP are now left with basically the same calendar, with no grace days. Not good stuff.
Now I am no game developer, but I have a few ideas on how this could be bettered. #1. Have tiers of rewards. I am only cavalier, but I can’t imagine throne breakers are very happy with the same rewards they got as cav last year.
#2 change it back to a calendar. While this may engage more people to play the game, it makes it much more stressful to manage especially without any free days in a time of year where many people travel and have other things to do. This would also make it a little less confusing.
#3. I understand it’s free, and Kabam didn’t have to do this, but honestly I would’ve rather they just not have done it this year. It’s a little strange for an appreciation event to be almost copy pasted l form the previous year, but with more risk and steps involved.
I would love to hear other people’s opinions on this. If I’m missing something, let me know in the comments. I know long read, definitely the longest post I have made. I understand there have been quite a few posts on this, but I had to put this out there.
My only request is to keep the comment section civil. I’ve already seen plenty of negative comments on other people’s opinions that come off as a little too hostile for a video game forum.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and at the end of the day, it’s a video game. We are here to have fun. Remember that.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry it wasn’t separated into good paragraphs. I tried to, and then after realizing it didn’t properly indent, I tried to edit it but I had to wait for approval
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★

That’s IF you log in EVERY DAY for 98 days.

Minor correction: Defeat 10 champs every day for 98 days.
    Anyway, my level 5 (was level 4) could no longer get all the rewards due to progression restriction. :(
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    So I forgot to claim the glasses the other day *face palm*

Does anyone know I was to buy the resort + would I still get the last milestone? Or am I sol?..

Also I was to buy it now would I get the first few milestones from the resort + pass as they obviously just say pending RN because I haven't purchased it.
  • Options
    SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Just curious, what gives you the idea they WANT to make it better?
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Qfury said:

So I forgot to claim the glasses the other day *face palm*

That;s the biggest problem IMO. It's like they want you to make a mistake, to forget it once or twice, and loose the big rewards at the end. There's no red number-note when you complete the 10 fights that says, like everything elsewhere in the game, that there's one pending thing to grab in the task bar.

Yeah I actually do think they want you to forget it. There is no notification in the tasks bar that you need to collect the reward unlike every other solo event ever and even when you go to that section, there is still no notification in the summoner event section saying that you need to claim a reward
  • Options
    edited July 2021

I never had that idea. My main point that in a way it’s a little worse because of the lack of Grace days.
    Honestly free rewards are free rewards and I will take them, but no Grace days is a little stressful. Like I said above, I would rather them not even have it this year than this. (View #3, fourth paragraph from the bottom)
  • Options
    edited July 2021

I never had that idea. My main point that in a way it’s a little worse because of the lack of Grace days.
    Honestly free rewards are free rewards and I will take them, but no Grace days is a little stressful. Like I said above, I would rather them not even have it this year than this. (View #3, fourth paragraph from the bottom)

It’s like giving someone the same gift for their birthday two years in a row, but instead for the second year, the person receiving the gift has to go on ten minute walks along the same trail every day for 98 days before they get it. But if they skip a day, they don’t get it. Not really hard, but it can get boring, and your schedule can’t always allow for ten minute walks every day. But logging into a game is like waking up on your birthday. It’s easy, quick, and on the right day, rewarding.
    Hopefully that makes a little more sense
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

It’s like giving someone the same gift for their birthday two years in a row, but instead for the second year, the person receiving the gift has to go on ten minute walks along the same trail every day for 98 days before they get it. But if they skip a day, they don’t get it. Not really hard, but it can get boring, and your schedule can’t always allow for ten minute walks every day. But logging into a game is like waking up on your birthday. It’s easy, quick, and on the right day, rewarding.
    Hopefully that makes a little more sense
    Using your analogy, the do get the gift if they skip a day, but it's a different color, imagine having a mobile phone with a shiny **** brown case :p
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Aight so here is my opinion

1.) they don’t want you to forget and aren’t trying to scam you as folks are saying. It’s just a horribly designed way to claim the rewards. I’m not kabam supporter but they’re not trying to do anything to take the rewards away from you. They wouldn’t put those units, shards, crystals in the rewards if they didn’t expect folks to get them.

2.) the no grace periods does suck, the calendar previously got them and we don’t anymore. That part does suck without having to pay.

3.) the 10 fights for 98 is easy but they should have created 7 different objectives and rotated them weekly like, win 10 fights, level up a champ 10 levels, finish 5 fights with a heavy, rank up a champ twice (or 2 different champs), complete a quest, finish 5 fights with a heavy, finish 5 fights with any DOT and 2 others that would have made the event less redundant. On top of that let at least 3 of them stack and this would be a perfect way to give us a grace period.

4.) made the resort and resort plus pass accessible through units (and cash). For those who want the double rewards, they can pay by grinding arena and the game. Some will say that’s a waste but some folks grind enough that they may not care if they miss out on 1000 units to get double the rewards. This pays for itself if they hit all 98 milestones twice (camp and resort)

Those are just my ideas but it’s too late now. Lol
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Seems like a good branching point to say this, whether you like or dislike the way this Event was handled, I think Everyone can agree they made this waaay more complicated than it needed to be.

Case in point, they could've removed The Shop Entirely and where you would receive a Token for X Item in the Solo Events, simply put That Item in place of the Token!
    Example: On Day 7 of Summ(on)er Camp you receive your first Catalyst Token which has to be spent on the 18k T4BF in order to progress in the Shop, instead they could've simply put that 18k T4BF on the Day 7 Reward in place of the Token. From there in every place you would receive a Token, you replace it with a Reward from the Shop in the order of which you can receive them now.
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Seems like a good branching point to say this, whether you like or dislike the way this Event was handled, I think Everyone can agree they made this waaay more complicated than it needed to be.

Case in point, they could've removed The Shop Entirely and where you would receive a Token for X Item in the Solo Events, simply put That Item in place of the Token!
    Example: On Day 7 of Summ(on)er Camp you receive your first Catalyst Token which has to be spent on the 18k T4BF in order to progress in the Shop, instead they could've simply put that 18k T4BF on the Day 7 Reward in place of the Token. From there in every place you would receive a Token, you replace it with a Reward from the Shop in the order of which you can receive them now.

Then if you want to go further instead of the Mess that was the Original Forum Post that supposed to Explain how the Event work, simply say "Login Everyday and Win 10 Fights, claim your Summer Shades from the Objectives Tab, which allows you to Claim your Daily Reward(s) from the Solo Event/Events depending on if you buy the Resort Pass."
    Then for the Resort Pass explain "Get Access to a Second Solo Event that progresses alongside the first one, if you buy the Resort Pass Plus you also get a 7 Day Grace Period and if you Don't Miss a Single Day you'll get an Extra 7 Day Solo Event at the end where you can earn an extra 700 5 Star/6 Star Shards depending on your Act Progression."
    Done.