**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I need a Moon Knight explanation

Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
I’ve been playing this game since before he was released and I still don’t get a few things. Now that I’m getting completely wrecked by his evade in the Lab (doing the O Canada challenge) I thought I’d finally ask.

Basically I wanna know two things, 1) is the phase of the moon based on the ACTUAL phase of the moon, and 2) how long does he have his full moon based stun on crit and new moon based evade ability? I googled a lunar calendar and saw that there was a New Moon on last Saturday the 10th. He’s evading me now way more than the typical labyrinth base evade chance so I’m guessing he keeps the ability for at least a few days, maybe a week?

This is what I really wanna know. I can chill in the lab for a bit until this evade is gone, but I don’t really wanna be tied up in there for a whole week if that’s the case.

Seriously can’t wait for this guy to get a new kit.

Comments

• Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    The moon phase thing is kinda cool
    Perhaps they could improve it if he gets buffed

But I agree when he evades it's vexing he always dash forward when it happens
  • Options

The moon phase thing is kinda cool
    Perhaps they could improve it if he gets buffed

But I agree when he evades it's vexing he always dash forward when it happens

As a character I think Moon Knight is awesome and I kinda agree with you. Not ranting cuz I know he was developed really early on in the game and it was cool that his abilities changed with the phase cuz, well, he’s Moon Knight. But he’s part of a big group of old champs whose abilities haven’t caught up with the meta, and it’s an additional pain in his case to have to keep an open chrome tab of the lunar calendar at all times for a reference.

In any case, I hope someone knows and can tell me how long he keeps his new moon evade for
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

I’ve been playing this game since before he was released and I still don’t get a few things. Now that I’m getting completely wrecked by his evade in the Lab (doing the O Canada challenge) I thought I’d finally ask.

Basically I wanna know two things, 1) is the phase of the moon based on the ACTUAL phase of the moon, and 2) how long does he have his full moon based stun on crit and new moon based evade ability? I googled a lunar calendar and saw that there was a New Moon on last Saturday the 10th. He’s evading me now way more than the typical labyrinth base evade chance so I’m guessing he keeps the ability for at least a few days, maybe a week?

This is what I really wanna know. I can chill in the lab for a bit until this evade is gone, but I don’t really wanna be tied up in there for a whole week if that’s the case.

Seriously can’t wait for this guy to get a new kit.

So from New Moon to New Moon it's roughly 30 days. Moon Knight has 4 phases of the 8 possible moon phases. I'd say they probably tried to make them as even as possible for each phase. I don't think it's ever been told to us and Moon Knight doesn't have a spotlight that I can find. I'd wager that each phase in MCOC are either 7 days or 8 days since we don't do 1/2 days in the game really.
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    before I ever tackle a path with moon knight .. I visit this page
    https://auntm.ai/champions/moonknight/tier/6

it has the moon and tide phases there of what's currently affecting him ... all nice and neat and handy

(too bad this info isn't as readily handy in game .. but oh well .. next best thing .. :) )
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Didn't see the phases on there when I looked a little bit ago but like I guessed, each phase is 8 days. Current one ends today.
  • Options
    dot_ditto said:

before I ever tackle a path with moon knight .. I visit this page
    https://auntm.ai/champions/moonknight/tier/6

it has the moon and tide phases there of what's currently affecting him ... all nice and neat and handy

(too bad this info isn't as readily handy in game .. but oh well .. next best thing .. :) )

Auntm.ai FTW! That’s seriously cool
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,814 ★★★★★
    answer to question one is yes.