**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Parry/evade bug compensation

StarkyboyStarkyboy Posts: 43
edited July 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Why is kabam giving us AQ rewards. If anything I want all my 20% revives back. Plus some health potions would be nice.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    Ikr maybe some gold and war potions and battle chips since those are affected. I’m stuck in cav grind, I’m literally at sentinel. This block bug really made me eat 20hits straight. Need potions. Arena crystals not paying off
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    This is compensation for the past AQ series. When the issue is fixed completely and the damage surveyed, we might get some 6* shards and stuff, but at this point when the issue persists, it makes no sense. AQ needs to be compensated now bcs glory store resets, glory caps and endgame players need the catalysts. This all needs to be supplied over time and not in one giant package, unlike 6* shards. Just be patient.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    They have already asked players to not attempt any hard content right now because it is going to cost you more. The only reason for this early compensation is AQ is not cancelled. If you chose to run the most difficult map and are wasting items, this compensation is supposed to help you. Any revives, potions or boosts you use to complete difficult content when you know the game is bugged cannot be compensated by Kabam. That said, I am hoping we will receive something when the issue is sorted out, which will contain some normal revives and potions.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Grumpy said:

Id rather have my revives etc back not aq potions

And you probably will. When they do the overall issue compensation. This is an AQ compensation.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Kabam is handling this nice for now. Compensations for AW and AQ, delaying stuff that have a more urgent time limit like sop. Let's hope they won't screw this up at the end (with no content compensation for example.)
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,031 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Starkyboy said:

Why is kabam giving us AQ rewards. If anything I want all my 20% revives back. Plus some health potions would be nice.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/273140/alliance-quest-will-resume-as-planned-july-14#latest
    Post edited by Kabam Valiant on
  • Options

@Kabam don't give AQ rewards as compensation we want five and six star shards like last year

And this is why Kabam can't take us seriously.
    among a multitude of other things
    Yep
  • Options
    Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★
    They can give out all the compensation they want but if the bug isn’t fixed then what’s the point
  • Options

@Kabam don't give AQ rewards as compensation we want five and six star shards like last year

Yep
    The best is that they told not to go for difficult content. People still attempt them, die because of a mistake or due to an error and then expect Kabam to refund them. I have so many revives expiring, but they are all 20% ones which I got from solo events. The boosts, I am simply using them to run arena grinds and make them faster. We need to make the best of a bad situation.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Yep
    The best is that they told not to go for difficult content. People still attempt them, die because of a mistake or due to an error and then expect Kabam to refund them. I have so many revives expiring, but they are all 20% ones which I got from solo events. The boosts, I am simply using them to run arena grinds and make them faster. We need to make the best of a bad situation.
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of posts with expiring items but you're dying more now than before....is that what they're for?
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

Yep
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of posts with expiring items but you're dying more now than before....is that what they're for?
    True, the revives are there for when you die. But, because of the ongoing issues, we may need more than the usual revives. It's not exactly calculable since you don't know if it is you messing up or the game. It's going to be a tricky compensation package that we will receive that's for sure. No doubt there will be complains on that too.
  • Options
    Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    Why are people complaining about this compensation? The package we just recevied had some rewards if you dont want to run aq because of the bug and also some potions and revives if you do. Its specifically to compensate for aq. On top of that it also says in the email be careful of the content you clear whilst they are trying to fix the bug. If you dont want to waste items hold off until the bug is fixed. And im fairly certain that once the problem is resolved there will be a package to compensate the effects game wide. However they cant offer this until they actually know how long and to what degree it affected players once its finished. Have some patience and dont complain if you ignore the advice and do content anyway and it costs you items
  • Options
    LoneWondererLoneWonderer Posts: 12
    Another aspect is that my alliance in particular chose to wind down and run essential aq/aw runs so that they would minimise the active costs of losing fights, which is good to avoid the bug, but detrimental to contributing to the milestones (and general ingame progress) , no matter how outdated the rewards are. So it would make sense for kabam to compensate for the game modes that is currently cannot stop (aq mainly, since they are unable to stop it, but same applies to aw I think) and when the issue is fixed, kabam would most likely offer a compensation package for the casual/normal gameplay mode.

Doing compensations packages in stages with clear communications is key to navigate this particular problem. But effort in communications should have been better imo, a simple tick or message of acknowledging bugs can do wonders, or the other day when there was an extremely informative exchange/conversation between DNA and Kabam Mike, regarding the overall issue with some background information, was nuked due to some abhorrent unrelated behaviour in the same thread shows that either the mods or the mod tools are not suited to remove particular conversations and keep the relevant DNA Kabam Mike's conversation, and the events following when the mods refused to comment on the deletion of the thread on it kinda backfired and for me new to the forums kinda left a bad impression, but they iirc made efforts to undo it, so kudos to them.

But as mentioned earlier, a simple tag or tick to acknowledge such bugs from Kabam would do good, and would hopefully reduce repetitive threads and giving background information on the cause of the bugs is informative and educational, while making blanket statement is the opposite and in some cases detrimental.
  • Options
    walkerdog said:

People always value the chance to pull new champs higher than rank up resources, as a whole.
    What does that have to do with this compensation? Again its for aq. You dont get shards in aq you get rank up resources
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

And when you read half the comments, nor should they...
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

Why are people complaining about this compensation? The package we just recevied had some rewards if you dont want to run aq because of the bug and also some potions and revives if you do. Its specifically to compensate for aq. On top of that it also says in the email be careful of the content you clear whilst they are trying to fix the bug. If you dont want to waste items hold off until the bug is fixed. And im fairly certain that once the problem is resolved there will be a package to compensate the effects game wide. However they cant offer this until they actually know how long and to what degree it affected players once its finished. Have some patience and dont complain if you ignore the advice and do content anyway and it costs you items

Because it's a day ending in Y
  • Options

Because they didn't read why we got this instead of a complete package overall.
  • Options

Because they didn't read why we got this instead of a complete package overall.
    How would we get a complete overall package when the ramifications of the bug are still to be determined as its an ongoing issue :D
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Yep
    I'm doing the side quests and even in the hardest difficulty, I need 20% revives because the bug is that annoying. And since I don't have a team full of rank 3 6*s a couple of hits to the face is enough to cause a problem.
  • Options
    walkerdog said:

walkerdog said:

People always value the chance to pull new champs higher than rank up resources, as a whole.
    What does that have to do with this compensation? Again its for aq. You dont get shards in aq you get rank up resources
    Because if u give people a nice pile of stuff and its not exactly the items they used, then they're going to want shard/crystals, only rankup stuff if its the rarest stuff.

I understand its aq comp and I'm happy with it but as a whole, people will always want shards and its silly to act surprised about it.
    I asked for revives not shards.