**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Adopt a beginner

JackDiamondJackDiamond Posts: 133
edited July 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Remember when you got started? Remember how impossible some things seemed? Impossible to even dream of a 5*.
Imagine how you would have felt if you got even a little of the rewards that big alliances get.

Well, every time I have a space in my alliance while I'm recruiting (I'm Jack Diamond of [-OPL-]), I'm going to try letting in very small beginner accounts (let's say under 500 rating) to get some of our rewards.

I can't do it during AQ because it'll bring down our prestige and rewards a lot (eg about 9 million), but between AQs, especially if SA is going to drop, I could let them in for a day or two.

(Hopefully it won't hit our recruitment having slightly lower team prestige, but we do OK in recruiting so I'm willing to give it a try)

And if Kabam would make it so that the team (average) prestige calculation (for AQ or overall) ignores any player who is less than, say, 10% of the team prestige then I'd gladly do it throughout AQ whenever I have a space! We score about 288 million, ranked 1,250 last time, so imagine getting the rewards for that even one time as a beginner! I won't hope too hard on this, but it would be nice, @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious

Because it's nice to do something good, and to help people out, rather than just being a **** and scraping and clawing and kicking and backstabbing to try to get to the top - that's the principle of my team too, hence the name.

So if you'd like to pay it back why not do something similar, and give these new guys a great day!
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Why is my question ⁉️
    They already get too good stuff these days.
  • Options
    Because it's nice to do something good, and to help people out, rather than just being a **** and scraping and clawing and kicking and backstabbing to try to get to the top - that's the principle of my team too, hence the name.

Because I can.

Because it costs me nothing and will help them a lot.

Because occasionally people have helped me for no reason in the past and now I can help them.

Because it's fun.
  • Options
    As for your point 'they already get too good stuff these days', they probably do get more, but on the other hand they have further to catch up so they can be competitive than older players in the past. Otherwise a bad player who started 5 years ago will always be ahead of a star player who started one year ago, which isn't right - they should have a chance to catch up.

I know back in the good old days we had to search the rubbish bins to find enough 1* shards to bang together until we were lucky enough to maybe get a 1* Loki, but it doesn't have to be that way now! :D

• Options

As for your point 'they already get too good stuff these days', they probably do get more, but on the other hand they have further to catch up so they can be competitive than older players in the past. Otherwise a bad player who started 5 years ago will always be ahead of a star player who started one year ago, which isn't right - they should have a chance to catch up.

I know back in the good old days we had to search the rubbish bins to find enough 1* shards to bang together until we were lucky enough to maybe get a 1* Loki, but it doesn't have to be that way now! :D

But that makes sense because they played for a longer time.
  • Options
    Really? So the worst player in the world should always be ahead of the best player in the world, as long as the worst one started early enough?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    So people can join overpowering light?
  • Options
    Jack Diamond is my game name. The Ally is [-OPL-] Overpowering Light
  • Options
    (Got a horrible feeling I'm about to have a LOT of requests to join the team! :D )
  • Options
    No, we're by request. When I have a space between AQs then I'll probably ask in Global. We'll see how it's easiest to do it. Right now there's AQ so they can't join.
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    This should probably be posted in the recruiting area of the forums
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    this is in the wrong section but surprisingly wholesome
  • Options
    The key point is my hope that other teams might do the same. I thought about putting it in recruitment but it would get lost there, and besides it's not me recruiting people, it's me helping someone randomly that I do not intend to keep in my team; or maybe suggestions, but it's not a suggestion to Kabam (though I'd be glad if they changed the formula).

And thanks, it is surprisingly wholesome, isn't it? Makes a nice change, to look beyond the individual or the team, doesn't it. Kind of blew my mind when I thought of it.