**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Will we be getting a Boss Rush Event this August?

Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★
edited July 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Last August we saw ourselves up against the Summer Smack-down which included 5 Boss Rushes and then the big Boss Rush which included all Bosses.

PLEASE NOTE: I'm not asking for the Summer Smack-down Event, I'm asking IF we will get it AND letting people know what it WOULD look like if they followed last years pattern. I personally think that Kabam have been super generous lately considering the major buff to AW rewards, Summer of Pain, Summoner Camp/Resort and working on lots of other things too (hopefully the parry fix LOL)

If we do get a Boss Rush Event next month, then the Boss Rushes will most likely look like this:

Summer Smackdown - Alpha:
-Squirrel Girl
-Nova
-Longshot
-Mojo
-Mole Man
-Terrax

Summer Smackdown - Beta:
-Sorcerer Supreme
-Storm (Pyramid X)
-Black Widow (Deadly Origins)
-Red Guardian
-Tigra
-Hit-Monkey

Summer Smackdown - Gamma
-Guardian
-Sasquatch
-Air-Walker
-Dragon Man
-Professor X
-Apocalypse

Summer Smackdown - Delta
- Red Goblin
- Cosmic Ghost Rider
- Immortal Hulk
- Immortal Abomination
- Spider-Ham
- Scarlet Witch (new)

Summer Smackdown - Epsilon
-Jubilee
-Stryfe
-Psycho Man
-Super-Skrull
-Mangog
-Odin

The Big Boss Rush would have everyone mentioned above.

Would you want to see the Summer Smack-Down return for August 2021?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★
    Malreck04 said:

There's Summer of Pain and the Summoner Showdown already, so I doubt it.

Yeah, there isn't really a need for it, but last year my first hard fight were those bosses, i just miss it
  • Options
    Ethans8279Ethans8279 Posts: 129
    unless they can fix the parry issue.
  • Options
    BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    Ngl they’ll have to step up difficulty a bit on boss rushes. The last one we had (the women’s day BR iirc) was pretty easy
  • Options
    Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Posts: 534 ★★★
    Was all those Boss Rushes from last year? Felt like it was only a few months ago
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,021 ★★★★★
    BuffBeast said:

Ngl they’ll have to step up difficulty a bit on boss rushes. The last one we had (the women’s day BR iirc) was pretty easy

I’m not sure where you’re at in progression, but I can pretty comfortably say Boss Rushes aren’t targeted at the endgame players. I remember coasting through the big bad Omega boss rush without any issue at all.

I wouldn’t expect a boss rush or celebrity challenge gauntlet until closer to the end of the year. I think Summer of Pain will bring us through August, September will be a quieter month, and October/November will see 7.3. I think we’re scheduled to get another variant around this time too. Honestly, Kabam’s been cranking out content for the back half of this year like crazy and it’s been really solid in my opinion.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    I don't think it would be a good idea to introduce anything too hard (at least time-limited hard content) until the parry issue is dealt with. I'm not personally affected by it but it seems to screw over a lot of players and going through a whole boss rush without the ability to parry or dex seems like too much to ask.

That said, I would rather wait a bit altogether. I see no reason to have SOP, Summoner Showdown and a Boss Rush alongside each other. Better, in my opinion, to have the Boss Rush sometime after the SOP concludes so that you can focus fully on it instead. Right now, I get a bit antsy about using resources on other hard content due to constantly wanting to save up for next week of SOP. It hasn't been a problem so far and I've been able to clear the fights without too much trouble, but I still feel like there would be this kind of stress if I had two hard-as-nails events running alongside each other (I'm not interested in Summoner Showdown whatsoever).
  • Options
    Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I really hope not, i just want them to fix this game I'm ok with no new content coming out until they get this game running smooth, I've never used this many items in AQ or Monthly event since I've been playing this game its to the point where I'm playing every fight like stun immune even dex fails at random time.