**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5 Star Featured Odds

2»

Comments

• Options
    JakobitzJakobitz Posts: 41
    I was 2 for 3 on my first feature attempts, but have been 0-7 since. I saved up in hopes of dupping my Stark Spidey, but instead wasted 5 tries on Blade and missed on them all. It truly is disheartening and takes a bit of the love out of the game. I'm sure I'm wrong, but it just feels like the odds of pulling a featured have dropped.
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    danielmath wrote: »
    It's around 20%. He went 0/7, i went 2/2 for iceman so that's 22% on a 9 crystal sample

A sample size of 9 is irrelevant.
  • Options
    OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    LoPresti wrote: »
    It's around 20%. He went 0/7, i went 2/2 for iceman so that's 22% on a 9 crystal sample

How about a sample size of 524. There was a survey done on stark openings with the results posted on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/7arvuv/survey_results_starky_5_featured_crystal/?st=J9NFMKEH&sh=1e16f012

Right about a 25% featured rate.
  • Options
    Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    Tried for stark after seeing a 5 star featured one on the home page. Someone in my alliance had the same idea at the exact same time. He got it....10 seconds later I got OML. That's the first and last featured I will ever open. If I am going to get junk, might as well get 1.5x that amount of junk :) lol
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    My suggestion for the featured 5 star is that they should be a guaranteed buy for a specific amount of shards one time only for each featured hero that is new and you only have like dunno 12 hours or hell even an hour to watch out for that featured hero offer and that would be tbe only chance you can get it guaranteed for like 50k 5 star shards.
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    After watching all the openings today and seeing only 1 Starky, I'm 100% convinced they lowered the odds for him in these crystals. Scumbag move Kabam.

Hahahahaha, your tinfoil hat may be blocking the blood flow to your brain
  • Options
    KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    Tried for stark after seeing a 5 star featured one on the home page. Someone in my alliance had the same idea at the exact same time. He got it....10 seconds later I got OML. That's the first and last featured I will ever open. If I am going to get junk, might as well get 1.5x that amount of junk :) lol

I believe your odds decrease when someone has already pulled a 5* in your alliance for that day...
    I always look for that...
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Drummer16 wrote: »

I believe your odds decrease when someone has already pulled a 5* in your alliance for that day...
    I always look for that...

What????? Lolololololol.
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I'm currently 3/17 after 4 more misses on duping my Spark.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    All the discussion about probability is good for the forums--I think a lot of players (and people in general) fundamentally misunderstand statistics and believe that odds are more like "additive probability" than what they really are. There's no guarantee even if you save and open a ton of crystals.

Even so, the only truly relevant sample for a player/customer is his/her own drop rate. If you open 5 and get zero, no one really cares if they might have had a 20-25% chance of getting the featured champ. In that respect, it is much more binary than anything else, and by that I mean "Yes I got it" or "No I didn't." Furthermore, when "No I didn't" also means (more often than not) "...and I got junk" you get an inevitable influx of player mistrust, anger, demoralization and disinterest. Fundamentally, that's a problem that plagues this game and sucks a tremendous amount of the enjoyment from it.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Ordalca wrote: »
    LoPresti wrote: »

How about a sample size of 524. There was a survey done on stark openings with the results posted on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/7arvuv/survey_results_starky_5_featured_crystal/?st=J9NFMKEH&sh=1e16f012

Right about a 25% featured rate.

That's a good indication and a good start to show an estimated featured drop rate.
  • Options
    NomarigerolNomarigerol Posts: 159
    Just went for stark spidey, my first try as a featured ever, well lucky me, I got him ! :) 1/1
  • Options
    I am currently 1-11

Every morning im so confident im going to quit this game and go back to actually paying attention to my girlfriend.... Than I go to the bathroom for my morning dump and remember that I cant quit because WTF else am I going to do while I evacuate the chamber.

The good news is after all of the champs added this month, I can finally justify to myself not spinning featured crystals anymore.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Don't get too excited @ClintBeastwood...there's plenty of basic 5* **** there to disappoint you as well.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola wrote: »
    Don't get too excited @ClintBeastwood...there's plenty of basic 5* **** there to disappoint you as well.

Dr. Zola

True that docta.....BUT the good news is I basically have all the **** already. Duping **** is better than pulling new **** right?!?! LOL
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @ClintBeastwood absolutely! At least that's what I keep telling myself after today's super sweet pulls.

DZ