**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Can we FINALLY nerf Ghost and Quake?

2»

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

And no, for reasons like this you can’t simply delete them.

You definitely can. I have a R3 Ghost I used my Abyss generic on. Never use her anymore but as long as broken champs exist in the game, you need to have them to remain competetive since the devs can't balance around them to save their lives. Refund those resources and move on. Things like ruining other champs that are balanced to lazily deal with broken ones bc you're too scared to upset the cry babies is ridiculous.

Sometimes unpleasant decisions have to be made. Don't dance around the issues they created and actually address them.
    Such a terrible opinion, you can’t just delete champs from the game..
    Sure you can. You could also nerf them to get them in line with game balance. There's absolutely nothing that says you can't do either of those things.

Players of this game just have huge tendencies to do a bunch of mental gymnastics to justify that if something is "good for them" it has to also be good for the game when that just isn't true though.

Again though, neither of those things is going to happen bc Kabam has gone full send on catering to complaining about everything they do instead of doing what they need to to fix their own game unfortunately. Instead they decided to do a complete hatchet job in half heatedly addressing a balance issue instead of directly doing something about a problem
    I mean I agree with most of what you’ve said tbh, just not the deleting champs part.

I can’t see Kabam ever touching them, they’ll just continue to restrict them in future content though nodes.

If that's what they do, they need to restrict those champs through nodes then. Other champs that aren't broken shouldn't be collateral damage bc they're too afraid to come out and do something about two broken champs directly.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

OP just casually ignored the fact that these champs take a huge amount of skill to play.
    Not everybody can just pickup and play them.

Also nice troll post

There are lots of characters that take skill to play but the payoffs are nowhere near as high.
    Then there a lots of characters that no matter how skilled you are there is no benefit.
    You can play Cyclops as a god but he's still not going to invalidate tons of champs and nodes.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

I actually remember something like that happened when Blade was the meta as well. But he wasn’t nerfed at all, just made less meta-ish with more OP attackers and defenders that he isn’t as effective against. Eventually he dropped off everyone’s radar as the go-to champ for AW attack.

Having invalidate Quake and Ghost for the boss isle is the start, but I think it will take time. It’s just the collateral damage that’s getting people agitated. And other champs shouldn’t be made the sacrifice with the 2 OP champs’ “AW nerf”.

A lot of what got Blade out of the meta was the change to the MD/Dex interaction as well. After that change Mystic Wars started being phased out as Blade was steamrolling anyway. Then the new defenders that he just didn't work well for was the nail in the coffin.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★

And no, for reasons like this you can’t simply delete them.

You definitely can. I have a R3 Ghost I used my Abyss generic on. Never use her anymore but as long as broken champs exist in the game, you need to have them to remain competetive since the devs can't balance around them to save their lives. Refund those resources and move on. Things like ruining other champs that are balanced to lazily deal with broken ones bc you're too scared to upset the cry babies is ridiculous.

Sometimes unpleasant decisions have to be made. Don't dance around the issues they created and actually address them.
    People have also raised up synergies that go along with that character. So for smaller accounts, this could have a large impact. Now a character exchange may be more in line. We'll take that r5 Ghost and you get two r5 of your choice. I'd trade my r4 Ghost for an r4 CGR and Hercules. But I don't use her and rarely Quake.
  • Options
    Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    The issue I'm having is because they're trying so hard to minimize the use of those two champs (ghost and Quake) its affecting other champs we like to use that also have similar ability like phase or evade just less OP , I have ghost 6r3 and 5/65 Quake. I'm horrible with Quake but good with Ghost and i use quake just for synergy and for ghost never in war just questing. I just hope Kabam can look into finding better way to minimize the use of Ghost and Quake without affecting other Champs the players enjoy using like elsa, Mr. Negative or black widow D.O just to name a few.