**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

4* Magik worth a generic awakening gem?

I have a 4* 4/40 Magic and trying to get T4CC to take her to R5, but I want to know if she is worth a generic awakening gem. I have a Skill awakening for Gwenpool or blade some day, but that's it. Thank for your input

Comments

• Options
    AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    She is good even unduped but she is not worth an awakening gem
  • Options
    supergokusupergoku Posts: 41
    not good.... use it for another
  • Options
    SuperSam57SuperSam57 Posts: 325
    Just scored a 4* AA going to use it on him
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Are you guys kidding? I would not wait a second to awaken that lady.... Limbo is a beast in defense and can save your ass A LOT in offense...

I would say go for it...
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    SuperSam57 wrote: »
    Just scored a 4* AA going to use it on him

She's better then AA
  • Options
    IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    She's not worth a generic awakening gem. Definitely worth a mystic gem, but the rarity of a generic gem makes it more valuable to use on other champs.
  • Options
    Awaken magik is unbeatable dupe him
  • Options
    RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    She's ok in AQ and AW and a beast in AWD.

She's a godsend in most of Act 5.
  • Options
    SweatlipSweatlip Posts: 163
    Magik hands down. She is still very good unduped but her sig takes her to the next level
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I used it on AA, I can wait for magik. I want AA as a good damage out put to complete ROL with my 4* 5/50 maxed sig Iceman. Thanks for the input everyone, I will take her to 5/50 when I get the T4CC, which is 1 1/2 away.
  • Options
    K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    Magik is one of the few 4* still worth awakening. She's a complete monster when she's awakened. Perfect for any fights solo questing that slap you with a degen (or some other debuff), as her limbo will help extend your life.

Go for it, I'd say.
  • Options
    RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    @SuperSam57 You didn't mention that AA was an option... in which case, you made the right decision, as much as I love Magik and she is great for all kinds of content, AA's damage output is devastating when he is awakened. He does benefit more than her.

Also if your aim is for RoL completion, she's not that beneficial since you're likely putting together some kind of crit team and power isn't an issue either since opponents don't have an sp3 enabled.
  • Options
    @RedRooster At the time of this post I didn't have AA. I made the post and then opened a batch of PHC's, I would have just awakend AA, I also want to complete the road to the Labrythn, but the last chapter is a pain.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Worth it really depends on what you need. If you can make the most use of her for where you're at, then use it. Generic Gems are pretty rare. It's up to you, but I suggest holding on to it.
  • Options
    arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    Magik is one of the strongest champions in the game for offense and defense.
    She can power lock, power burn even udupped and when she is dupped her limbo can save you a lot.
    Here is one example using magik:
    https://youtu.be/JHNG3wUcAKI
  • Options
    Magik is still one of the top champs in the game. Aa Is amazing as well but when u come up against a champ that has an immunity I would consider him pretty ****. When they have no immunity then AA is a monster.
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Like others have said generic gems should be strictly used on champions who are made-or-broken by their sig.

AA still has god tier damage output but his sig makes him god tier utility. Hyperion does not get utility but gets even more powerful

GR the sig helps significantly but again does not make or break him

Off the top of my head champs that are significantly more useful/made with their sig are: SW, thor, hulk, marvels, AA, BW, SL etc.

That being said I would definately choose AA before most of the other champs I listed simply because the damage output mixed with the ability reduction is just too nasty. But he is neutered by poison (less so)/bleed immune.

I currently am sitting on a generic awakening gem for months with a hyperion, gp, hulk, thor, marvel, SW, all unawakened. The other worthwhile champs are all awakened.

Recently for fun did ROL with AA and hype. Hype one shots all champs even unawakened and within a few minutes. AA (duped @4/40) was used to smack wolvie (stops his healing), SW (stops her sig from triggering), juggs (stops unstoppable from spawning), and rhino (stops from going unblockable). Needless to say ROL is a joke with AA + some other high damage output champ not hindered by poison immune champs
  • Options
    Also worth noting that as people said part of what makes AA more godly is the damage to amount of power gain by opponent ratio. Meaning you will have done immense damage with minimal amount of power gained by the champ you are facing.
  • Options
    Rhino in ROL doesn't go unblockable, they didn't change him when they made the champ change. I would take Magik over AA any day though i don't think it's even close, in terms of how useful she is in quests and everything.
  • Options
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Rhino in ROL doesn't go unblockable, they didn't change him when they made the champ change. I would take Magik over AA any day though i don't think it's even close, in terms of how useful she is in quests and everything.

Then you either don’t have AA or understand his value/use. Her only significant plus is power steal/lock. I beat all content through Act 4 with her, loved her. She’s now benched. She under no circumstances does near the damage, which is where any champs value truly lies in offense. Magiks only advantage is against power gain champs. And even then it’s just as easy with my Ghostrider and he kills faster. Unduped.

I have AA, he's one of the champs you need for LOL so i awakened him in arena. He's also completely useless against all champs with immunity, and he gets all his damage without being awakened. Magik is awesome for 5.3, as well as AW offense, i was able to solo the dorm with all the buffs for example, where AA would take 20 revives.
  • Options
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »

Then you either don’t have AA or understand his value/use. Her only significant plus is power steal/lock. I beat all content through Act 4 with her, loved her. She’s now benched. She under no circumstances does near the damage, which is where any champs value truly lies in offense. Magiks only advantage is against power gain champs. And even then it’s just as easy with my Ghostrider and he kills faster. Unduped.

You would be surprised how many people still think GR has horrible damage output. The community is slow to catching on, and I believe most still do not know how to use him because he does require a bit of effort and some thinking, even during the fight. But that kind of what makes him so interesting to use.

I also give some blame to the high profile yters who release videos on champs out of subjectiveness and pure speculation rather than observed objective oppinions based on experimentation. There is a famous yter (who i happen to love and follow) that made a video on GR claiming "damage output lacking in longer fights". That has some truth but the community interpretation is "ok GR is a noodle" LOL. I think they should understand the influence they have can be powerful and misleading at times.

I would use a mystic gem on GR before magik but neither are worth generic gems, at least not as much as AA or a few others.
  • Options
    It all comes down to what you plan on doing with the champ. AA damage is amazing against a non immune champ. No comparison there, however when against a immune as I said earlier his damage is garbage. GR has one of the best if not the best regen in the game and has some very useful abilities when used right. Magik is mostly known for her power control but her ability to rewind damage can come in very handy as well especially if you have md. I know when we fought mmx in aw almost every member had a r4 magik on their offence. But again it all comes down to what u want to do.
  • Options
    Flazinator wrote: »
    It all comes down to what you plan on doing with the champ. AA damage is amazing against a non immune champ. No comparison there, however when against a immune as I said earlier his damage is garbage. GR has one of the best if not the best regen in the game and has some very useful abilities when used right. Magik is mostly known for her power control but her ability to rewind damage can come in very handy as well especially if you have md. I know when we fought mmx in aw almost every member had a r4 magik on their offence. But again it all comes down to what u want to do.

Ya the mmx having r4 magiks is probably because they go up against mainly dorms who really have no counter for other than magik. She does not gain buffs, and locks him down. It is extremely difficult to take down a r4 dorm boss w/o a r4 magik. Maybe a r4 voodoo (a little more difficult but still good) and og vision would be good but atm you can only have him as a 4* and you would just time-out like crazy.
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Magik is probably the best overall character in the game. Enough said.