**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Would you like to join an Ebony Maw subcommunity?

thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
If you're like me, then you might not have the best luck with crystal pulls, especially with 6 star ones. For the most part I've been pretty bitter about my roster, but I'm trying to have a more optimistic attitude about it.

One of my most recent 6 star pulls is Ebony Maw. Nobody in my group chats really wants to talk about him b/c they think he's trash even after all of these buffs/tuneups. They're probably right, but I've decided to try and make most with what I have.

Additionally, Maw is actually really fun to play. He's so smooth and his animations are pretty nice. Overall, I kind of like his design even if he's not very effective. I also think he has potential to be a good attacker (and not just shelved as an AWD).

If you want to learn how to make most of Maw, then feel free to send me your Line or Discord ID and I'll create a small subcommunity for Maw players. Also let me know if you prefer Discord or Line. We can discuss strategies, rotations, best scenarios, and even video gameplay.

Maw might never see any AWA action, but I'm having a lot of fun beating up on WS and CM in ROL. So far, my rotation has been:
- Get the 3 missions out of the way. They're very easy to fulfill
- Use his power control and miss mechanic to corner the opponent (mostly through heavies)
- when the timing lines up, fire sp2 with falter. immediately after, go in and spam heavies
- if the timing does not line up, then just use sp3 for power control

His power control and degen are pretty potent. I think he was intended to corner his opponent with his heavies via his power control and miss mechanic. However, the only thing that is preventing me from seeing him as an effective attacker is that his heavy reach is not good, so you can't really spam heavies. Maybe someone who is more skilled than me can master his spacing/miss mechanic so that you can spam heavies. If so, then he kind of gives me a Doom/Tigra feel (of course, he's nowhere as easy or as powerful as Doom, so don't misunderstand what I'm trying to say): he can absolutely dictate the rhythm of the fight from start to finish, leaving the defender very few options. So he might not be able to yield that much damage, but you're at least in complete control of the fight.

Comments

• aNOOBis235aNOOBis235 Posts: 147
    All he really needs is some more utility and his sp2 should pause falter for duration.This would make him an actually decent champion because his sp2 is pretty good but stressful to time.His sp1 nullify is just stupid.
  • Tano177Tano177 Posts: 40
    The damage paired up with the timing is amazing… that’s the thing tho
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Believe me or not I ranking 2 him after his buff. And last month I decided that I will r3 him as soon I get last 30% t5cc mystic frag
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    He needs more damage, nothin else. He still hits like a noodle and the only damage increase he got was of the sp2 degen which is nice but doesn't make up for his noodle-tier base damage.