**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summer of Pain but without the Pain..

Hey All, I really love all the little cheese's that Kabam are allowing in the Summer of Pain.
Let me know what would be some cool Summer of Pain Bosses and the nodes to go with it, along with a cool cheese for it.
Video on 3-Star Ronan vs. Summer of Pain Week #6 Boss below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtPKEF5WaXc

Comments

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

ItsDamien said:

Snakep said:

All the little cheeses? Ronan cheesed this weeks but what other fights were cheesed? There has been some that had ideal counters but the fights still had to be fought just right.

Darkhawk and Magneto
    Magneto beating a metal champion is not cheese
    Tell me any other champ who could do what he did as easy as he did with a 3* in that fight? I'll wait.
  • Options
    Snakep said:

All the little cheeses? Ronan cheesed this weeks but what other fights were cheesed? There has been some that had ideal counters but the fights still had to be fought just right.

Oh also Longshot and Venom. SP2 into block go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

FiiNCH said:

ItsDamien said:

Snakep said:

Darkhawk and Magneto
    Ofc it is
    Yeah, when all you have to do is 12 heavy attacks that is a hell of a cheese.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    When SOP rewards were revealed i thought it would be fun if they were to keep at least one cheesable fight just so i could snag a couple of rewards. but thought that wouldn't happen since this was supposed to be very hard. and then they come up with fights of which more than half were cheesable after 6 weeks
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Summer of Mildly Hard Bosses*

Fixed it for you Kabam ;)
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

ItsDamien said:

Snakep said:

Darkhawk and Magneto
    What...who knew
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    Down here it's not summer so while you guys are left with "Summer of" all I have is "of"
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Snakep said:

Darkhawk and Magneto
    That’s not a cheese, there was a style you had to preform properly still to be successful. Easy but not cheese.
    The insanely sophisticated playstyle of holding block and heavy charging
  • Options
    Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★

ItsDamien said:

Snakep said:

Oh also Longshot and Venom. SP2 into block go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    That's not cheese. That's just using the right champ
    Then I guess using Quake for 3/4 of the content in this game isn't cheese, that's just using the right champ
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Snakep said:

Darkhawk and Magneto
    That’s not a cheese, there was a style you had to preform properly still to be successful. Easy but not cheese.
    You say this, but I’ve had to spell it out to people in alliance that do map 7 and completed all content. It’s not overly known information. So yes it’s a style of fighting not a cheese. Having a handful of people that knew about it before hand doesn’t make it a cheese after it’s more commonly talked about.

Cheese would mean you have nothing to worry about, like ronan infinite stun. People were able to turn on auto fight after awhile. That’s a cheese. You screw up with red mags you could still get KO’d.
  • Options
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Snakep said:

Darkhawk and Magneto
    You say this, but I’ve had to spell it out to people in alliance that do map 7 and completed all content. It’s not overly known information. So yes it’s a style of fighting not a cheese. Having a handful of people that knew about it before hand doesn’t make it a cheese after it’s more commonly talked about.

Cheese would mean you have nothing to worry about, like ronan infinite stun. People were able to turn on auto fight after awhile. That’s a cheese. You screw up with red mags you could still get KO’d.
    You know there's a literal definition of what "cheesing" is in video games right? You can check it on dictionary.com for yourself but I'll write it out here too.

Verb (used with object), cheesed, chees•ing.

(In a game, especially a video game) to win (a battle round) by using a strategy that requires minimal skill and knowledge or that exploits a glitch in game design.

So, does using Magneto against a metal champion require anything more than minimal skill or knowledge? While for some they might have to really think hard about it, but for most people who know who Magneto is and what he can do in the game just from a perspective of "oh the enemy is metal" I'd say that it falls very much under the minimal skill of parry and heavy.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Snakep said:

Darkhawk and Magneto

You know there's a literal definition of what "cheesing" is in video games right? You can check it on dictionary.com for yourself but I'll write it out here too.

(In a game, especially a video game) to win (a battle round) by using a strategy that requires minimal skill and knowledge or that exploits a glitch in game design.

So, does using Magneto against a metal champion require anything more than minimal skill or knowledge? While for some they might have to really think hard about it, but for most people who know who Magneto is and what he can do in the game just from a perspective of "oh the enemy is metal" I'd say that it falls very much under the minimal skill of parry and heavy.
    You’re generalizing people’s knowledge and skill to fit in the term of cheesing.

By your method anyone using the right champ for a defender is cheesing the content. Smfh
  • Options
    Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Snakep said:

Darkhawk and Magneto

You’re generalizing people’s knowledge and skill to fit in the term of cheesing.

By your method anyone using the right champ for a defender is cheesing the content. Smfh
    Yeah. Because there's almost no one who can do SoP right now who doesn't know who or what Magneto can do and how he works. So in context, yes it is cheese, because it takes minimal skill to use him in that content.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Snakep said:

Darkhawk and Magneto

Yeah. Because there's almost no one who can do SoP right now who doesn't know who or what Magneto can do and how he works. So in context, yes it is cheese, because it takes minimal skill to use him in that content.
    No, you’re using the right champion and modifying the typical fighting style.

So quake cheeses everything because she doesn’t even get hit? You’re stretching pretty hard to hit this as a cheese method.
  • Options
    Look at this guide as an example of what high end players consider to be cheese methods and what isn’t. There are very easy fights there with the right champion but not listed as a method of “cheesing”.

• Options
    Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Snakep said:

Darkhawk and Magneto

So quake cheeses everything because she doesn’t even get hit? You’re stretching pretty hard to hit this as a cheese method.
    It's the literal definition. I'm not stretching anything. Look it up. Learn.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Snakep said:

Darkhawk and Magneto

You’re generalizing people’s skill and knowledge to fit into the definition. That doesn’t mean it’s a cheese method to use red mags vs metal champions. You need to be more open and understand not everyone is you with your perfect knowledge inside and out of the game mechanics.
  • Options
    Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Snakep said:

Darkhawk and Magneto

You’re generalizing people’s skill and knowledge to fit into the definition. That doesn’t mean it’s a cheese method to use red mags vs metal champions. You need to be more open and understand not everyone is you with your perfect knowledge inside and out of the game mechanics.
    The amount of people who are Cav and TB who were eligible to do the Darkhawk fight that don't know how to use Magneto and what his favoured match ups are compared to the people who do is tiny. It's a very safe generalisation because most people who got to this level have that knowledge. It's not exactly unreasonable to think that at all. You're generalising people by saying that they wouldn't know to attempt to disprove the literal definition.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Snakep said:

Darkhawk and Magneto

The amount of people who are Cav and TB who were eligible to do the Darkhawk fight that don't know how to use Magneto and what his favoured match ups are compared to the people who do is tiny. It's a very safe generalisation because most people who got to this level have that knowledge. It's not exactly unreasonable to think that at all. You're generalising people by saying that they wouldn't know to attempt to disprove the literal definition.
    There are no safe generalizing of society. I’m not saying one way or the other of what people actually know. I’m saying YOU are generalizing people’s knowledge and skill to fit the definition. The fact that you think I’m generalizing the population to have a lack of knowledge and skill is not what I’m doing. You’re now trying to twist words and meanings with me. As you did to get a cheese method out of using the right champion for a fight.

Beyond that, my personal take on red mags vs metal champions is it’s not a cheese. You have to have at least average skill in the game for him to do metal champions easily. Easy yea, cheese no. I feel sorry for you that you see it otherwise, well actually I feel sorry for anyone that plays the game with you.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Snakep said:

Darkhawk and Magneto

I’d agree that Magneto is cheese for a lot of metal opponents, since it’s 12 heavies and that’s usually the fight. But just bringing the counter is not cheese, obviously.

Cheese means something that makes it so much easier than other options, not just that there’s “nothing to worry about”. That would mean Morningstar on unlimited power wasn’t cheese, which it definitely is. Loki can cheese a lot of buff fights like 5.4 ultron, with a 5* you’ll heal back to full and never worry about block damage, but if you get hit you can still die. It’s still cheese though.

Cheese doesn’t have to mean just stun lock
This discussion has been closed.