**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hercules truly is a hero

ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
He puts the CGR, corvus, and hyperion debate to rest. I truly think he is the best cosmic champion (awakened) with his utility and high damage output.

Corvus has crits and immortality, hercules does too, however hercules can tank an sp1 or sp2 unlike corvus. Corvus requires ramp up for his damage, which hercules does in 1 fight.

CGR has an insanely high damage output, but if hercules walked into a fight fully ramped up, i think he could be faster. If not their damage output isn’t too far apart.

Hyperion isn’t available as a 6* unfortunately, but Hercules outdamages him anyway. Hyperion isn’t ideal to run suicides with but hercules is great regardless, and benefits from suicides, along with any other hero on the team with him with his solo synergy. Hyperion does have insane power gain though, along with some decent regen. Most certainly puts up a fight.

Hercules can counter miss/autoblock by activating his sp1, which is active for a fairly long time. He can also tank an sp3 by throwing his special 3 beforehand, activating an indestructible buff for 4 seconds. He is also practically stun immune in exchange for a feat of strength per stun debuff, which can be gained back with ease. Also has a nice infuriate debuff reducing the opponents OAA by 60%, making him not only a good attacker, but an annoying defender to go along with his stun immunity if knocked down. He’s also unblockable when immortal, which allows the player to be as aggressive as possible. All of this tied together makes for an insane champion, that can burst through many matchups regardless of how much health he has remaining. I’m usually not a fan of the cosmic class debates but, i think hercules won this one.

Comments

• Options

I mean you pretty much ignored all of CGR'S and Hype's utility but ok.

Post is mainly to show hercules can do what most of these champs can do with ease. CGR has his power lock and heal block but would you say that makes him better than hercules? Immortality is a powerful ability, which is why corvus is so highly valued, along with his crits, which hercules can do within 1 special 1. CGR is also highly valued for his crits. Would you say this is true?
  • Options

Post is mainly to show hercules can do what most of these champs can do with ease. CGR has his power lock and heal block but would you say that makes him better than hercules? Immortality is a powerful ability, which is why corvus is so highly valued, along with his crits, which hercules can do within 1 special 1. CGR is also highly valued for his crits. Would you say this is true?
    Corvus has a more valuable immortality imo

It lasts however long you can keep your charges, which could be the whole fight in the hands of a skilled player. Additionally, Hercules’ can expire after time. Plus it can be nullified.
    While this is true, hercules with the immortality also gains unblockable, allowing him to be aggressive extending the time of his immortality. In shorter fights it usually takes 1 sp1, then 1 sp2 to get big damage off of the opponent before he dies, similar to CGR and Corvus when they fire their big sp2s.
  • Options

So you’re saying either hyperion or CGR are better in comparison due to a utility I didn’t mention? If so, what.
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    You forgot the main thing Hercules has going for him... the pec bounce
  • Options
    Hoitado said:

Immorality doesn’t make them Automatically better. It is a very good piece of utility but would you say IHulk is the best Science because of Immortality?
    So why is corvus highly valued? Because he has the damage, and practicality to go with his immortality, he can bypass DOT damage completely. While its passive and hercules is not, he loses a charge for every crit that isn’t from his special attacks. Of course there’s the strategy where you only parry and do a light attack and build back up to an sp2, but whenever hercules is attacking which is incredibly easy to do while hes unblockable, his immortality timer is paused, giving him time to build up to his sp2 once or twice. I dont want to overhype his sp2 damage, but im not gonna say it doesn’t hit hard. However i will admit corvus most certainly has the better immortality since sig 1 is fine, and hercules does benefit from a higher sig. But the main similarity is, they both have the ability to bypass DOT damage such as degen. Ihulks immortality can’t be extended and has a short duration in comparison.
  • Options
    Maxwell24 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Iron fist can do crazy stuff like armor break. Other mystic champs just exist or something like that

Iron fist is op
    This
  • Options
    SlumpGod said:

It lasts however long you can keep your charges, which could be the whole fight in the hands of a skilled player. Additionally, Hercules’ can expire after time. Plus it can be nullified.
    While this is true, hercules with the immortality also gains unblockable, allowing him to be aggressive extending the time of his immortality. In shorter fights it usually takes 1 sp1, then 1 sp2 to get big damage off of the opponent before he dies, similar to CGR and Corvus when they fire their big sp2s.
    See, your argument is heavily flawed. All your doing is going on and on about herc, and just saying “oh they can do it too”. Lame.
    And your argument is to undermine the value of hercules? Lame
  • Options

SlumpGod said:

See, your argument is heavily flawed. All your doing is going on and on about herc, and just saying “oh they can do it too”. Lame.
    Matter a fact im being a bit hypocritical, i didnt mention the others utility much, only hercules. Ignore this.
  • Options
    GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Corvus is valued because he requires literally no skill to play, and makes basically every path in aq up to map 6 and a solid chunk of map 7 an absolute joke. To say that he’s only valued for timing out is just stupid, and if you think his charges limit him in some way, you probably don’t have an r3 with suicides
  • Options

Corvus is valued because he requires literally no skill to play, and makes basically every path in aq up to map 6 and a solid chunk of map 7 an absolute joke. To say that he’s only valued for timing out is just stupid, and if you think his charges limit him in some way, you probably don’t have an r3 with suicides

Corvus is a monster. No denying that. His ramp up requires a tech, and avenger, a mutant, and an evade champ. Hercules requires intercepting, throwing a heavy on an opponent that isn’t stunned, or being knocked down. He has the ability to ramp up in his very first fight, so he gains his damage in his first fight. Corvus only really needs like 2 persistent charges and it’s basically medium medium, opponent is dead. Didn’t mention the timing out. His immortality allows him to bypass every DOT node, so all corvus has to do is throw an sp2, and yeah corvus gets some crazy damage off. What I’m saying is, like corvus, hercules can play aggressive while immortal, ignoring all DOT, and get a big sp2 on the opponent. Usually his immortality is long enough to get the kill.
  • Options

SlumpGod said:

Matter a fact im being a bit hypocritical, i didnt mention the others utility much, only hercules. Ignore this.
    I think why this thread hasn’t been received as well is due to a couple reasons. First Herc is new, and I’m not sure about others but I tend not to trust the first month hype of a new champion and wait for them to settle into the contest. We get the hype from the content creators and then months later some champs are just forgotten. I’m not sure this will happen to Herc but you get my point. It’s very hard to make a case for a champ being the best in their class when they’ve been released for weeks.

I mean look at the hype we had for champs like Stryfe (mutant aegon) and hit monkey (skill Corvus) not to say those champs are bad, but the amount they were hyped vs how much they’re hyped now is very different.

Secondly, you very clearly weren’t objective in the OP, I think you’ve realised that now so I won’t pile on about it. But glossing over the opposing sides abilities is always gonna get people suspicious about how valid your opinion is.

Herc could potentially end up being awesome, and maybe there’s a version of the future where he’s considered better than Corvus, CGR and Hyp, but right now I think it’s too early to tell. He’s cool, but we need more time to see what he can do.
    Very accurate. Im going based off gameplay i have seen from him, the content has cleared, his practically, and viability to content like AQ, act 6/7, war offense/defense. In due time when more people have him, this will show. Right now people are probably leaning to the OGS.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    PuttPutt said:

This is like writing a 5 paragraph essay on everything Man Thing can do and then saying, oh and Doom has power control

lol don’t get me wrong Man Thing is awesome, he’s just not Doom
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    PuttPutt said:

PuttPutt said:

This is like writing a 5 paragraph essay on everything Man Thing can do and then saying, oh and Doom has power control

lol don’t get me wrong Man Thing is awesome, he’s just not Doom
    Maybe, but you can guarantee my next discussion will be a DNA length post explaining why Man-Thing is better than Doom.
    can’t wait for that